B Series Intake on a 4G9X ....adaptor flange

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
i'm using honda's fuel rail :)
Fuhh.... Mind to share how u use a 90mm center to center injectors rail on a mitsu 4G93 ports with 88mm center to center...

Or u just mod the original honda flange to suit mitsu... So, injectores outlet is still 90mm...

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
Me to.Kept the Honda's fuel rail, just had to modify the fuel supply line for it to fit the fuel rail. As my intake was not cut, additional holes were drilled so it can be fitted into my head,(engine head.. haha) and had to cut of some over hang from the intake.. Now only wondering is it worth it to source for a bigger TB, as what i can see my current TB is 50mm (original 91) and the intake inlet is 62mm..Will there be a noticeable difference? But what i like the most is the fuel consumption.. rm20 of Petronas RON97,..100km++ and more power!!

klipsch

Known Member
Oct 30, 2005
Klang
Just collected my b16a intake manifold which was welded to a 4g93 IM flange (spare one i have lying about). The weld quality is good and the inside parts where the weld connection is are all smooth, probably needs a bit of polish to satisfy the perfectionist. To top it of, it was sand blasted so it looks heaps better than when i dropped it off :biggrin:

If anyone wished to do this mod i.e. don't know of any foreman capable of doing this, i can intro you

klipsch

Known Member
Oct 30, 2005
Klang
Takut cannot cope with your high expectation. After all, 272 cams only not 304 :bike:

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
Joe,will it be of any waste if i were to use a TB from S90, 70mm, (dunno if they make 62mm for 4G9X) on my engine? Everything is 'stock'. 91 block, 4-2-1 headers, original injectors, 93 cams..that all on my engine..Besides the Honda intake manifold. Or a 60mm from a mivec or Evo 3 is sufficient?

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
rotationperminute.blogspot.com
i think it is not a waste if u intend to mod it further in the future. but if u want to leave it like that, then i think 60mm tb from mivec is sufficient. just my 2 cents :P

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
60mm can supply air to drive 2++WHP with no dramas. Maybe the throttle response is different. But interms of flow... Nah... Slamber only...

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
Thanks guys..Think i'll just be saving up for a mivec / E3 TB.. Do let me know if you know of any around...

MoPkoBka

Known Member
Aug 26, 2009
Ukraine,Kiev
Hi guys I have the motor 4g92 (mmc_carisma) want to put turbynu and increased to 1.8;)
what say? advise what is needed and how best to proceed)

amel666

Known Member
Jul 24, 2008
K.L
Just collected my b16a intake manifold which was welded to a 4g93 IM flange (spare one i have lying about). The weld quality is good and the inside parts where the weld connection is are all smooth, probably needs a bit of polish to satisfy the perfectionist. To top it of, it was sand blasted so it looks heaps better than when i dropped it off :biggrin:

If anyone wished to do this mod i.e. don't know of any foreman capable of doing this, i can intro you
klipsch..
where in klang are u? i'm staying around Telok Panglima Garang/Bdr Parklands area. In the process of DIY fitting Edelbrock victor x. Mine is d ori one so wont be cutting n weld the flange,plus already sourced Golden Eagle f.rail+Blackworks 72 tb.

Where in Klang can i machine an adapter flange? would be better if i could blend the adapter flange to intake ports to promote smoother flow/higher velocity.
If not possible than my solution would be port matching d Victor x ports with my 4g93t head ports.

Anybody that can assist? :confused:
tqvm

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
klipsch..
where in klang are u? i'm staying around Telok Panglima Garang/Bdr Parklands area. In the process of DIY fitting Edelbrock victor x. Mine is d ori one so wont be cutting n weld the flange,plus already sourced Golden Eagle f.rail+Blackworks 72 tb.

Where in Klang can i machine an adapter flange? would be better if i could blend the adapter flange to intake ports to promote smoother flow/higher velocity.
If not possible than my solution would be port matching d Victor x ports with my 4g93t head ports.

Anybody that can assist? :confused:
tqvm
I cut the skunk2 myself using grinder. It fits perfectly well. However, I'll soon be taking it out to cut n weld 4G9X flange.

Yes, modding the B flange to fit 4G9X will work and look nice with the Honda fuel rails. However, The injector sprays towards the outer valve port in every port esspecially for port 1 & 4. It's 3mm away from the center of the port. If we're using FIC and Denso injectors with Twin tip which the 2 tips is just separated 1mm away.. All the fuel will enter via 1 valve only. Because there's a devider between 2 inlet valve in each port.

Then again. I see no problem with modding B flange. I've been using it for a year +. But i would like to balance the spray between valves.

Just my 2 cents.

amel666

Known Member
Jul 24, 2008
K.L
I cut the skunk2 myself using grinder. It fits perfectly well. However, I'll soon be taking it out to cut n weld 4G9X flange.

Yes, modding the B flange to fit 4G9X will work and look nice with the Honda fuel rails. However, The injector sprays towards the outer valve port in every port esspecially for port 1 & 4. It's 3mm away from the center of the port. If we're using FIC and Denso injectors with Twin tip which the 2 tips is just separated 1mm away.. All the fuel will enter via 1 valve only. Because there's a devider between 2 inlet valve in each port.

Then again. I see no problem with modding B flange. I've been using it for a year +. But i would like to balance the spray between valves.

Just my 2 cents.
Will be using fic 1250s.. i think spray pattern should be great. For me, the spray balance between the two valves wouldnt matter much as they are heading towards the same chamber.
The fuel droplets would reach the chamber disregard of its distance i think.. cause my FIC with the GE rail torqed,tilts enough degrees to squirt into the port. Fic nozzle spray pattern is wide enuff. Dont know about other injectors tho.

My issue is am more worried about colliding air if i just mod the screw holes and slap onto my head.. but would still make decent power with the turbo & 40psi of boost imo. Very tempting as i have alot of work to complete the build... but, better do it right the first time around.

Attachments

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Yaya... I'm using FIC too.... But...

This is what I meant.

Sorry for modding your picture.

On the port side.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Open advertising markets overseas makes for very interesting viewing especially in regards to automotive ads. For one thing, it definitely adds some spice compared to the local ads we get with a certain car going up against the dreaded ‘Competitor-X.’

The last major one we saw ended with Mini being handed their petite ass’s on a fine piece of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience