DIY modified Short Shifter for Wira/Satria/Putra

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
There are many types of short shifter in the market nowadays.. n most of them cost around rm140 and above... some even have adjustable pivot points.

I have been using an aftermarket short shifter for a period of time... i have compared the physical thing with the original one sided by side, the difference is the raised pivot point that makes the shift throw shorter...

so i checked on the internet for other sources of short shifters in the internet n i have gather enough information to mod my own original shifter... wanto DIY mah..

so heres my version of short shifter... it cost me RM30 to do all de cutting n welding on the shifter..

click here : http://khguan.fotopic.net/c639577.html

youmolo

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
Subang Perdana
www.tzywen.com
cool short shifter mod :)

anyone thinking of doing DIY sequential gear shifting (like f1 and rally cars)? could be done using powerful servos or solenoids and some electronics. just a thought...

joe_jawa

Aug 2, 2005
port dickson
how many cm did u add for those???i think i wanted to do it myself....teach us sifu!!!!

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
youmolo,
sequential?? too messy to do it la... not easy...

joe,
look carefully in de pic... bottom parts plus 1", upper part minus 1.5"

frcgrey

Known Member
Jul 9, 2005
selangor
hi khguan,
i had already visit your web...
can i ask you that the modified L.E.D bulb with normal light bulb stand.know what i mean...?
if yes,where are you fix it??fog lamp or.....?
hear you soon.... :confused:

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
i use them at de side bumper light there... looks nice...

but one piece already burnt... looks like de voltage is not fully matching...

simefly

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
You can also try to use it as the reverse light.... looks nice too man....

khguan: maybe you should add another LED to cope with the voltage fluctuations

simefly

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
Oh yeah... forgot to mention... NICE DIY man but where do you go to do the drilling and soldering???

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
simefly,

yeah.. i have tot of adding another LED in de pairs of 4 making it 10 LED bulb... i also tot of using de same config but add in a LM7812 regulator IC... anyway dat DIY put aside 1st lar...

huh?? driling?? no drilling involve ah... just cutting n welding... done at an engineering firm...

simefly

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
oh hehehe ...sorry wrong use of words... i was thinking of something else for a while...
it suppose to be cutting and welding.... my bad..

I do not have my tools readily available with me at this point in time... but as soon as i get back by CNY, then i will start LED-ing my whole car - including the signal lights and small lights hehehe... Then planning to add-in HID for the finish and most expensive effect.

Hehehe

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
khguan, ur led bulb fail because car work on 12-14.4...not really 12..so ur led will be stressed..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

How do I check whether the Mitsubishi timing belt is original or imitate? Really worried about this, pls help. I'm afraid driving halfway the belt putus. :( :blink:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience