World's biggest court complex ready in March.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/nst/Saturday/National/20060909102016/Article/local1_html

PUTRAJAYA: Visualise this. Courtrooms filled with toys and special cubicles for mothers to breast-feed their children.

This will be among the facilities at the world’s largest court complex on Jalan Duta in Kuala Lumpur, scheduled to begin functioning in March.

Some of the courts will have facilities for witnesses to give evidence without having to face the accused.

Other features include closed- circuit television cameras installed along court corridors to ensure maximum security, a business centre, and a rest and recreation centre for court staff.

About 500 parking lots have been set aside for judicial officers and court staff, and a similar number for the public.

A mini park with facilities for children and adults will also be provided in the vicinity. Do the ppl that go to the court have time for this ? i never went to a court session before but is children allow to court ?

Remand prisoners and suspects will be taken to an underground holding cell and led to the courtrooms via an exclusive passageway.

There is also a plan to set up a police station in the complex.

The RM300 million complex will have 77 courts.:confused_smile:

There will be 30 High Courts, 21 Sessions Courts and 26 magistrate’s courts on the 12ha site.

Of the 30 High Courts, four have been designated as non-Muslim family courts.

The complex brings together all courts in Kuala Lumpur which are now housed on Jalan Raja and at Wisma Denmark.

Deputy director-general of the Legal Affairs Division in the Prime Minister’s Department, Hamidah Khalid, said construction was 97 per cent complete.

"Work to install and commission the electronic equipment at the complex is in the final stages before it is handed over to the judiciary," she said.

Work on the project started in March 2004 and was scheduled to be completed in February but the contractor was given an extension.

Hamidah expressed confidence that the complex would be people- friendly.

The complex took the lion’s share of the Eighth Malaysia Plan allocation under which RM437 million was set aside to build new courts and renovate existing ones nationwide.

Former Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department Datuk Seri Radzi Sheikh Ahmad, who visited the project site last year, then described it as the "biggest court complex under one roof in the world".

alantan

3,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
kl
Visit site
hahaha...yea lo..so big for what..unless they areexpectinglots of criminal next year la..

77 courtrooms...hm..chee sin

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Millions spent on such high end court and law related stuff, but only a handful of qualified judges. What's the point then.

mu24

500 RPM
Jan 18, 2005
thats why they are asking retired judge to come back, cuz our courts are so pack with cases that hearing could be delayed till 2-3yrs.

Simply think it as you are suing someone and it takes 2-3 yrs before it is your turn for the court hearing.

mu24

500 RPM
Jan 18, 2005
The G have to use money in order that our econ stays alive, no money spend means contractor will have no business, contractor no business supplier will be dead too, architect wont have business, QS wont have business, engineers wont have business... and the list goes on and on, its a chain reaction.

But i have to agree that it was better that the G spend those money on more critical things like.... upgrading public facilities to improve our lifestyle or public transport.

links

1,500 RPM
May 26, 2004
But do you think out of this claimed $300m, how many its the actual cost of the project?

and also, our public project often over budget and miraculously the JKR will agree to let the contractor to increase the project cost whenever they claim the budget is over......

our country econ is bad now.And pak lah just said our reserve is not enough so he halted many projects....in another these pigs open such hilarious project just right after the issue.....totally hoax...

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
the putrajaya courts blueprint were in existence over 10-13years ago. all desicions to go ahead were approved ages ago.

I remember the seeing the designs by done by interiors designers (AX** net****) ~ as i helped preparing the binding for it.

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
mu24,
oh man. Not to be rude or anything, but can the retired judges cut it? I mean if they can cut it out through with their knowledge and handle the cases accordingly, then yeah, I'd say bring `em back. I reckon to fully utilize the new court, they would probably require about 70 judges working at any one time.

As for the RM300mil on the new court, I'm kinda wondering whether does it really cost that much cos that's quite a big amount of money we're talking about. Anyway, it's done. Yet again, the govt most probably won't stop the project even if the entire world opposes it.

Well, yet again, since we can't do much about it, I guess I'll be back to the old "malaysian" style of "forget about it and move on" attitude. But what I think is more of a waste of money is the RM500k smart toilet as explained in

Smart Toilet

thread.

Anybody knows of any good pizza? heh heh

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
satria_95,

remember jared & jay? the first thing they noticed about the bad habits of malaysian (when they were around for the F1 GP) was why is malaysians arent civic-minded
esp in toilet usage. even in hotels & just about every public toilet is dirty & mega wet.

smart toilet in malaysia? have you read the bomb blast proof public toilets in beijing? It overshadowed our malaysian toilet news!!

mu24

500 RPM
Jan 18, 2005
well satria_95 i dunno if the old judges are still up to it, hoepfully they are.

yeah heard about the bomb proof toilet in china... 30cm thick walls. And it cleans itself too.

levin

1,000 RPM
Dec 12, 2004
Visit site
here our taxs go to :

1) build a twin tower to proof to the world that MALAYSIA semua BOLEH !
2) stupid rm500k smart toilet .
3) sending stupid astronut go to space for making roti canai and teh tarik .
4) build a stupid court which claiming is the biggest court in the world .

and soooo on !!!

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
levin,
Did you pay your taxes ar? hehehe If you did, you better stop paying it. haha

koolspyda,
Not that I heard it but I'm not surprised because I, as a malaysian, would say the same stuff too. I guess Jared and Jay didn't stay long enough to go home with enough complaints about malaysia. haha

mu24,
I hope the retired judges are up to it and I hope they're non muslims too. haha

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

any one heard of full throttle development(ftd) before?
its at usj area, near goodyear court there

seems like they are proton modding specilalist, and they had tuned many proton cars before
i am thinking to have some mod done there, but before that i would like to have some advice for it
anyone had heard of them before?
hows their workmanship?
are they reliable?
any info about them?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience