Mercedes-Benz AMG introduces world's most powerful naturally aspirated V8

PoWeRz

Known Member
Dec 10, 2003
kl
Stuttgart, Germany - Mercedes-Benz AMG division unveiled a new 6.3-litre V8 engine that is claimed to be the world's most powerful naturally aspirated eight-cylinder production engine. It combines high-revving performance with a large displacement. Developed entirely by AMG, it generates an output of 510 hp at 6800 rpm. Thanks to its large displacement, the V8 by AMG develops around 20 percent more torque than comparable naturally aspirated engines in this performance class.

Made completely from high-strength aluminum, this naturally aspirated V8 engine has features derived from motorsport. Together with a variable intake manifold featuring two integral throttle flaps, the vertical arrangement of the intake and exhaust ducts ensures perfect cylinder charging. Bucket tappets in the cylinder heads allow a stiff valve train and therefore high engine speeds. Variable camshaft adjustment, a particularly rigid closed-deck crankcase and cylinder walls with a new, revolutionary LDS coating are further attributes of this V8 engine. The new AMG 6.3-litre V8 engine will soon be available in a new high-performance AMG car.

ok.. .can anyone confirm if there is other V8 engine with more power?
please exclude special tune and limited edition.

Last edited:

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
jus 510BHP from 6.3 litres...seems a bit low...the new Ferrari FXX has 800BHP on 6262cc if i am not wrong...about 127BHP per litre...7 more than the Honda S2000...torque might be higher...as they mostly tune their cars to provide much more torque...

GinX

Known Member
May 2, 2005
whoa...the F430 is actually that powerful eh....wow...

munky

1,500 RPM
Jul 18, 2004
PJ
www.playboy.com
oops :p

thanx for the correction. Yea 490bhp, and i think they can easily get 500bhp with minor adjustment. And again, it's only 4.3 litre hehe

gti88

1,500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
I'm still wondering till this day why Mercedes-Benz uses SOHC instead of DOHC.

Can anyone out there who knows why explain to me ? Thanks .. ;)

shin

Apr 29, 2005
Probably the R&D department of Mercedes-Benz feels that SOHC is more efficient with engines and technology it currently has.
Efficient wise as in fuel, torque, power & in many other factors.

ModMaestro

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
PJ & Sandakan
what do you mean by special tune and limited edition? So that excludes crate engines then? cause some of them are produce in such high numbers as to be considered production engine.

But the RPM readings seem too high for a V8. Probably means it's a highly tuned engine, like the E39's S62 engine. So what's the torque figure? I'm guessing around 400lbs at around 5k?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

as I see from caburator engine, the intake of the air got a pipe which is connected to the ezos piping area
and I think the purpose is to suck in hot air to the caburator is it???
then y we change to cool air??

i need convince!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience