Announcement: SuperGT Biggest Super/Performance Car Gathering 19th June 2011

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Announcement: SuperGT Biggest Super/Performance Car
Gathering 19th June 2011

The people at JPM Motorsport are happy to announce that JPM Motorsport Sdn Bhd has been accorded with the Promotion and Organization rights for the Super GT Event to be held on the 18th and 19th of June 2011 at the Sepang International Circuit (the SIC).

This is the eleventh year that this prestigious event will be held in Malaysia, and this year JPM Motorsport will be taking over this honor from SIC in organizing and promoting it.

As this is totally a private and commercial venture without any direct funding from the Government of Malaysia, JPM Motorsport obviously intend and is committed to ensure that this year’s event will be a huge success, in attracting visitors and spectators from Malaysia and abroad. Their target is to attract 50,000 spectators to the circuit for the race weekend.

In achieving that, JPM Motorsport will be transforming the Sepang F1 Circuit into a Carnival City for the weekend, with a lively mix of on-track and off-track activities to provide a wholesome entertainment filled weekend for motorsport enthusiasts and families alike. The off-track activities will include Variety Food Fest, Weekend Bazaar, Kid Entertainment and Fun Zone, Cultural Show, Flea Market, Rave Parties, Live Rock Concert, SuperGT AutoSalon, SuperGT Motorshow and also an air stunt show by an ex-Hungarian National Aerobatic Team pilot (Les Vorosmarthy) who flew in the 1998 World Championship.

In addition to the above JPM Motorsport will also be organizing the Biggest Super/Performance Car Gathering at the Sepang F1 Track on Sunday, 19th of June 2011. As most of you are aware, the Sepang F1 Track is 5.53km in length. Their plan is to lineup the Super/Performance cars back to back along the entire track. An estimation of such arrangement would require between 600 to 650 cars of various models and sizes. It is for this reason that JPM Motorsport would like extend their invitation to CAR CLUBs, supercar and performance car owners to facilitate and assist them in making this record breaking event a success. To encourage the club members, friends or anyone who are keen to be part of this record breaking attempt, JPM Motorsport would like to offer 4x Granstand Tickets worth RM400 to each participating car.

As the gathering is held in conjunction with Super GT, the biggest Japanese Motorsport event in Malaysia, JPM Motorsport would also like to take this opportunity to raise some fund for the recent Japanese earthquake/tsunami victims. As an option, all participating car are “encouraged” to donate RM50 or more to this fund. Please write your cheques payable to “Aid For Japan” or you can also direct credit to United Oversea Bank Bhd, A/C No: 37530010392. JPM Motorsport shall also reward the donor with a set of Super GT t-shit & cap worth RM60.

For the record breaking effort JPM Motorsport would also be seeking several sponsors to contribute various goodies to all the participants which will be announced later. Confirmed sponsors include Tumasek Pewter Malaysia, who will provide each participating car with a “Biggest Super/Performance Car Gathering” pewter plaque. Another effort being looked into now is also to have a big number of Super/Luxury Bikes (Ducati & Harley) to ride along the track while the record is being achieved. NAZA WHEELS has agreed to facilitate the arrangement with both DUKE and HOG. We believe such a feat has never been done in any F1 Track in the world and we are now making arrangement to register the attempt in The Malaysia Book Of Record. The tentative itinerary for this record breaking event shall be done in the following manner on 19th June 2011.

Sun 19th June 2011

09.00am-09.30am – Classic car support race (8Laps)

09.45am-10.15am – Thailand Toyota Vios/Yaris Challenge (10 laps)

10.30am-11.00am – Super GT Cars warm up session

11.15am-11.45am – Circuit Safari

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10.00am-11.30pm – Arrival of all participating Super/Performance car to SIC.
All early arrivals will have their cars guided into the South Track Support Pit
area or VIP Car Park at North Track. Once the car park/Support Pit is full
remaining cars will be parked and queued along road leading to pit or park at
VIP car park next to Welcome Center (Px). All Superbikes, DUKE and HOG will
also be parked at VIP Car Park (Px).

11.45pm-12.30pm – All participating cars will move out from Support Pit/car park
to Main Straight on North Track. Cars will be parked 4 in a row 50 meters before
Turn 1. JPM Motorsport envisage that with 600 over cars, the line will be up to
beginning of Turn 15 on South Track. All cars shall remain parked on track until
further notice by the Marshalls. Participating Bikers will also have their bikes parked
next to the cars. All drivers/riders will be allowed to get off from their car and be
guests for the Pit Walkabout Session.

12.30pm-13.30pm – Official Pit Walkabout Session open to public. All drivers/riders
get ready to be called around 13.15pm to get back to their car for next activity.

13.30pm-14.00pm – Cars moving out one by one on single file pattern. 1st car will
drive round the F1 track to join the last car on the track and stop at the Starting
Grid on the North Track. Bikers will ride along the track next to the cars. JPM Motorsport
expects once the record breaking queue is achieved the last car may only need to move
from their parked position to just cross the Starting Grid line. The moment all cars/bikes
are lined up along the track and the record is set, all cars/bikes shall start moving back
to North/South Track car park and Support Pit via pit entrance immediately after Turn
14 and Turn 6.

14.15pm-14.55pm – GT ASIA Series (10 laps)

15.00pm – Super GT START PROCEDURE

16.00pm – Super GT Race Start (54 laps)

18.00pm – Super GT Race Finish

DEFINITION OF SUPER/PERFORMANCE CARS
  • European 2 doors sports car : Aston Martin, Audi, Bentley, BMW, Bugatti, Ferrari, Jaguar,
    Lamborghini, Lotus, Maserati, Mercedes, McLaren, Porsche, TVR, VW Scirocco, MINI Cooper S.
  • European 4 doors : AMG 63, M5, RS4/5, Golf GTi **
  • Japanese Make:
o 2 doors Nissan Sports Car: Nissan GTR, Nissan Skyline GTR 33, Nissan Skyline GTR 34, Nissan 350Z, Nissan 370Z

o 2 doors Toyota/Lexus Sports Car: Toyota Supra, Toyota MRS, Toyota Soarer, Lexus SC430

o 2 doors Honda/Mazda Sports Car: Honda NSX, Honda Integra Type R, Honda S2000, Mazda RX8

o 4 doors Sports Car: Honda Civic Type R, Subaru STi, Mitsubishi EV0 7/8/9/X **

** NOTE: Entries subject to acceptance by Organizer/The Malaysia Book of Records requirements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Participation form can be downloaded HERE

For bigger images for the above thumbnails, click HERE

Source: Announcement: SuperGT Biggest Super/Performance Car Gathering 19th June 2011

:driver::vroam:

Last edited:

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
OMG !!! this makes the Malaysian F1 like a sissy !!!
<i>*sorry to F1 fans !!</i>

This is something Razlan should take note off !!!

wow !!!

In achieving that, JPM Motorsport will be transforming the Sepang F1 Circuit into a Carnival City for the weekend, with a lively mix of on-track and off-track activities to provide a wholesome entertainment filled weekend for motorsport enthusiasts and families alike. The off-track activities will include Variety Food Fest, Weekend Bazaar, Kid Entertainment and Fun Zone, Cultural Show, Flea Market, Rave Parties, Live Rock Concert, SuperGT AutoSalon, SuperGT Motorshow and also <b>an air stunt show by an ex-Hungarian National Aerobatic Team pilot (Les Vorosmarthy) who flew in the 1998 World Championship.</b>
WOw, i think JPM did read our comments here !!

i remembered i suggested that in a race event to have our air force fly during Negaraku just like how US did with every NASCAR !!! but this is a good start to have some air stunt show !!!

i got one question for them, who will be the Marshalls also people who are taking care of the circuit during pitwalk???

Thumbs Up JPM !!! :top:

p/s: I remembered in the press conference they wanted to put an anime costume competition, is the cosplay competition happening or not??? *my cosplay frens are willing to join n promote to other cosplayers if there is ONE in SuperGT !!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
<i>*sorry to F1 fans !!</i>

wow !!!

i remembered i suggested that in a race event to have our air force fly during Negaraku just like how US did with every NASCAR !!! but this is a good start to have some air stunt show !!!

i got one question for them, who will be the Marshalls also people who are taking care of the circuit during pitwalk???

p/s: I remembered in the press conference they wanted to put an anime costume competition, is the cosplay competition happening or not??? *my cosplay frens are willing to join n promote to other cosplayers if there is ONE in SuperGT !!
Haha! Bro, yes they did read our post, which is why I helped them out a bit on promoting the bulk tickets sale. Too bad, seems not many people are interested. :smile:

Those cosplays, I think u got to contact them personally bro :top:

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
damn im so keen to go for sure :D

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
damn im so keen to go for sure :D
If Interested, I'll fill in your name in the list of 20 people...waiting for 16 more people if you are in, 5 more people from my fren will confirm today...that leaves only 11 more people needed to get RM73 per ticket...:top:

If this friday cant get 20 people, I guess I'll close it cuz stocks are running out, those listed will need to start purchasing at RM88 with freebies instead of RM73 with freebies.

Time and stocks are running out fast...

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Skyline R34 GTT is left out
even the G35 2 door coupe also out
as well the legendary AE86,240Z and GTR32 and Silvia family

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
yes, a lot of effort is being put into getting this year's superGT to be a better effort. its tough to rebrand & market the series after
many malaysians have a preconceived notion of it.

I sure many motoring fans will be pleased! there will certainly be a lot diversity of atmosphere to cater to as many fans from all walks
(they are trying, & kudos for the effort)

so if you guys haven't purchase the tickets, consider so!

midship

2,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Jul 22, 2004
Across the pond
www.nismo.com.my
F1 series is unable to arrange for something like this unless Bernie thinks so. Razlan and his circuit is merely a venue operator whenever the F1 circus comes to town...

*sorry to F1 fans !!

wow !!!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Anyone interested to purchase the tickets let me know ASAP, stocks running out...:proud:
Price of tickets is RM100 after May 31st, 2011. RM88 per ticket but trying to get at least 20 people so that can be entitle to RM73 per ticket + Freebies :smile:

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Disappointing......what about Toyota Altezza, Toyota Celica, Lexus IS-F, Nissan Skyline GTT, Accord Euro-R, Silvia S15 Not performance car ?????..... What is the definition of a performance car?.
From Factory must produce 200hp?.
More than 2,000cc?

or just subjective

For Euro M3 is not included by Golf Gti is..... where is the logic?.:hmmmm:

Oh well thought of organising convoy for my club looks like this year have to give to a miss....

rex79gt

500 RPM
Jan 9, 2008
Ngiao City
when donation comes do u think they can reject? lol
how bout evo 1-6.5? GTR32 ? GTO? NSX? MR2? o even the rare suzuki cappuchino? honda beat? s600? 300zx? 240z?
how bout satria neo which recently bcome WRC weapons? even featured in topgear n used by cusco
i think the definition juz for examples only
unless the clause states they juz wan those specific vehicles only
i beliv most ppl don expect to see even the missing of RX7 FD wif veilside fortune kit :P

damnthing

Known Member
Nov 8, 2004
the previous year the Silvia's, subaru's, intergra's and 350z's had a huge gathering......how come now they are left out?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Baja 1000 is one of the most grueling, demanding and torturous rally’s in the world. And Bill Caswell is going to take part in it with his $500 BMW E30 bought off Craigslist and put together in his mom’s garage and partially at the SEMA show before heading to the sand dunes of Mexico.

Caswell’s no stranger to competing in beat up machines and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience