Wira 1.5 Modification

ravis

Known Member
Senior Member

ravis

Known Member
Senior Member
Feb 10, 2005
235
11
3,018
Earth-Seremban
Visit site
:( Dudes, i am kinda new here. Need expert opinion. Well, I own a Wira 1.5 areoback. Planning to change my rims to 16 inch juz like Wira Areoback Special Editon. My frens advised me to change the Extractor to Putra 4/2/1 extractor and remove the cataylic converter and change the exhaust.... then there will be no prob in terms of pick up and speed it seems lah. Is this advisible ? And guys, i am gonna add in disk brake to replace the drum brake....do i have change the arm or can i get the disk it self separately ?
 

7urn57yl3

500 RPM
Senior Member

7urn57yl3

500 RPM
Senior Member
Oct 9, 2004
532
0
3,016
Originally posted by ravis@Feb 10 2005, 20:58
:( Dudes, i am kinda new here. Need expert opinion. Well, I own a Wira 1.5 areoback. Planning to change my rims to 16 inch juz like Wira Areoback Special Editon. My frens advised me to change the Extractor to Putra 4/2/1 extractor and remove the cataylic converter and change the exhaust.... then there will be no prob in terms of pick up and speed it seems lah. Is this advisible ? And guys, i am gonna add in disk brake to replace the drum brake....do i have change the arm or can i get the disk it self separately ?
since you're changing to 16 s anyways, pickup/accelaration would be compromised. Only thing that can `actually' compensate would be a more powerful engine. Stick to 15's and under if you want to keep to your ori engine, unless of course your aim is `Rice', then be my guess.

2 kupang.
 

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Senior Member

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Senior Member
Nov 4, 2004
3,637
49
3,148
Klang
hotmail.com
hello ravis...

me also driving a wira aeroback...

bout xtractor u can get a hot bits xtractor o a tuned lenght PowerZone xtractor...remove the cat-converter will fell a bit of improvement in power....
bout muffler...keep ur stock muffler...tats the best...i'm keeping mine too :D

4 the rear disc...yup...u have 2 change the arm also..if not mistaken...
i just changed mine 2 disc wit a putra AntiRollBar...
 

L2TurboFool

500 RPM
Senior Member

L2TurboFool

500 RPM
Senior Member
Oct 8, 2004
527
0
3,016
Visit site
about your extractor,you should go for an aftermarket one,going for a putra header would give you some increase but always better when its aftermarket :lol:
 

ravis

Known Member
Senior Member

ravis

Known Member
Senior Member
Thread starter
Feb 10, 2005
235
11
3,018
Earth-Seremban
Visit site
Thank you dudes.............u guys have been really helpfull. 7urn57y13, i will consider ur advise on 15 inch rim.
L2TurboFool & Yong_5290, i was advised by some frens in Proton Edar Service Centre that a putra extractor is the best so far because of it's quality and the cooling element. Of course after market one is better but how much will it cost me ? Is the quality better then putra's original one ?
 

L2TurboFool

500 RPM
Senior Member

L2TurboFool

500 RPM
Senior Member
Oct 8, 2004
527
0
3,016
Visit site
well,the putra header might be the best,but i think its the best in the OEM catagory.

the quality will vary from brands.but the quality is generally great.and there's also room for improvement.wrapping it for better cooling for instance.

i'm not sure about the price.but one more thing you should take into consideration is that what type of header you want (assuming you are going for the aftermarket ones).straight flow?or a S-flow? . 4-2-1 header? or a 4-1 header?

4-2-1 ones should be just nice for you.

;) :P
 

JasperSSP

Known Member
Senior Member

JasperSSP

Known Member
Senior Member
Nov 21, 2003
131
0
3,016
putra extractor where can fit 4G15? I think the best is PowerZone. It's the best power to price ratio mod ever for me. It's rm410. Hotbits should be quite ok I guess. But heard the crome won't last and dun thermal wrap it. It has one advantage PowerZone doesn't though, it is mandrel bended.
 

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Senior Member

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Senior Member
Nov 23, 2004
2,908
100
3,163
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
Originally posted by JasperSSP@Feb 12 2005, 01:57
putra extractor where can fit 4G15? I think the best is PowerZone. It's the best power to price ratio mod ever for me. It's rm410. Hotbits should be quite ok I guess. But heard the crome won't last and dun thermal wrap it. It has one advantage PowerZone doesn't though, it is mandrel bended.
Hmmm.... FYI, the stock Wira SE 4-2-1 extractor is mandrel-bent too. I have one on my car, considerably cheap.

The biggest difference between the PZ extractor and the SE extractor is that - you need to remove the catalytic convertor if you wish to install the PZ. And there's where the most power gain one can experience. Use the SE extractor if you can get one and replace the cat con with a bullet. You should get roughly the same power gain.
 

Kusa

500 RPM
Senior Member

Kusa

500 RPM
Senior Member
Dec 15, 2004
988
0
3,016
Kuala Lumpur
kusahafiez.blogspot.com
Originally posted by drexchan+Feb 12 2005, 11:53 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (drexchan @ Feb 12 2005, 11:53 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JasperSSP@Feb 12 2005, 01:57
putra extractor where can fit 4G15? I think the best is PowerZone. It's the best power to price ratio mod ever for me. It's rm410. Hotbits should be quite ok I guess. But heard the crome won't last and dun thermal wrap it. It has one advantage PowerZone doesn't though, it is mandrel bended.
Hmmm.... FYI, the stock Wira SE 4-2-1 extractor is mandrel-bent too. I have one on my car, considerably cheap.

The biggest difference between the PZ extractor and the SE extractor is that - you need to remove the catalytic convertor if you wish to install the PZ. And there's where the most power gain one can experience. Use the SE extractor if you can get one and replace the cat con with a bullet. You should get roughly the same power gain. [/b][/quote]
drex,

You sure the SE extractor can be used for power gain on a 4G15? i'm about to take your word for it and book one from my friend!
 

Joeker

Walking Dead
Senior Member

Joeker

Walking Dead
Senior Member
Nov 19, 2003
3,581
62
3,148
Jinjang
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken, Powerzone's exhaust headers are flow bench lenght tuned and much work has been done to develop it for optimum exhaust gas flow scavenging.

All Wira/Satrias have 4-2-1 headers (in the case of cast iron headers from older Wira/Satria models, its actually 4-1-2-1, hence increasing the exhaust back pressure).
 

AXXeLL

1,500 RPM
Senior Member

AXXeLL

1,500 RPM
Senior Member
Nov 18, 2003
1,584
91
3,148
Subang
Visit site
Dudes,
Roughly how much will it cost to purchase and install a PZ extractor while holding on to my old muffler ?
 

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Senior Member

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Senior Member
Nov 23, 2004
2,908
100
3,163
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
Originally posted by Kusa+Feb 12 2005, 14:20 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kusa @ Feb 12 2005, 14:20 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by drexchan@Feb 12 2005, 11:53
<!--QuoteBegin-JasperSSP
@Feb 12 2005, 01:57
putra extractor where can fit 4G15? I think the best is PowerZone. It's the best power to price ratio mod ever for me. It's rm410. Hotbits should be quite ok I guess. But heard the crome won't last and dun thermal wrap it. It has one advantage PowerZone doesn't though, it is mandrel bended.

Hmmm.... FYI, the stock Wira SE 4-2-1 extractor is mandrel-bent too. I have one on my car, considerably cheap.

The biggest difference between the PZ extractor and the SE extractor is that - you need to remove the catalytic convertor if you wish to install the PZ. And there's where the most power gain one can experience. Use the SE extractor if you can get one and replace the cat con with a bullet. You should get roughly the same power gain.
drex,

You sure the SE extractor can be used for power gain on a 4G15? i'm about to take your word for it and book one from my friend! [/b][/quote]
you can give it a try. Think about it, you get it at around RM120. Bullet to replace the cat con RM100 (not so sure), installation maybe around RM60. It's already RM280..
 

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Senior Member

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Senior Member
Nov 23, 2004
2,908
100
3,163
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
Originally posted by Joeker@Feb 12 2005, 16:24
If I'm not mistaken, Powerzone's exhaust headers are flow bench lenght tuned and much work has been done to develop it for optimum exhaust gas flow scavenging.

All Wira/Satrias have 4-2-1 headers (in the case of cast iron headers from older Wira/Satria models, its actually 4-1-2-1, hence increasing the exhaust back pressure).
the cast iron header is actually 4-1-2-1?? sure?
 

ravis

Known Member
Senior Member

ravis

Known Member
Senior Member
Thread starter
Feb 10, 2005
235
11
3,018
Earth-Seremban
Visit site
Thanks dudes for ur advises, now i know that a putra extractor will not fit my car.So got to look for an after market product......gosh! & that's expensive! :unsure:
If i were to order ori extractor from Proton which the SE uses, probably i will be quoted 5 times more expensive then the after market products. Does anybdy know what would the price be ?
And dudes.........anybody know where can i get rear disk brake for my Wira 1.5, preferably without the arm & the price range please.
Thanks dudes :P
 

2pac

1,000 RPM
Senior Member

2pac

1,000 RPM
Senior Member
Jun 30, 2004
1,089
17
3,138
PJ/Sban
Originally posted by ravis@Feb 13 2005, 11:48
Thanks dudes for ur advises, now i know that a putra extractor will not fit my car.So got to look for an after market product......gosh! & that's expensive! :unsure:
If i were to order ori extractor from Proton which the SE uses, probably i will be quoted 5 times more expensive then the after market products. Does anybdy know what would the price be ?
And dudes.........anybody know where can i get rear disk brake for my Wira 1.5, preferably without the arm & the price range please.
Thanks dudes :P
Ravis.... try Mydin Seremban .... hehehhe :P :P :D