Wira 1.5 Modification

ravis

Known Member
Feb 10, 2005
Earth-Seremban
Visit site
:( Dudes, i am kinda new here. Need expert opinion. Well, I own a Wira 1.5 areoback. Planning to change my rims to 16 inch juz like Wira Areoback Special Editon. My frens advised me to change the Extractor to Putra 4/2/1 extractor and remove the cataylic converter and change the exhaust.... then there will be no prob in terms of pick up and speed it seems lah. Is this advisible ? And guys, i am gonna add in disk brake to replace the drum brake....do i have change the arm or can i get the disk it self separately ?

7urn57yl3

500 RPM
Oct 9, 2004
Originally posted by ravis@Feb 10 2005, 20:58
:( Dudes, i am kinda new here. Need expert opinion. Well, I own a Wira 1.5 areoback. Planning to change my rims to 16 inch juz like Wira Areoback Special Editon. My frens advised me to change the Extractor to Putra 4/2/1 extractor and remove the cataylic converter and change the exhaust.... then there will be no prob in terms of pick up and speed it seems lah. Is this advisible ? And guys, i am gonna add in disk brake to replace the drum brake....do i have change the arm or can i get the disk it self separately ?
since you're changing to 16 s anyways, pickup/accelaration would be compromised. Only thing that can `actually' compensate would be a more powerful engine. Stick to 15's and under if you want to keep to your ori engine, unless of course your aim is `Rice', then be my guess.

2 kupang.

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
hello ravis...

me also driving a wira aeroback...

bout xtractor u can get a hot bits xtractor o a tuned lenght PowerZone xtractor...remove the cat-converter will fell a bit of improvement in power....
bout muffler...keep ur stock muffler...tats the best...i'm keeping mine too :D

4 the rear disc...yup...u have 2 change the arm also..if not mistaken...
i just changed mine 2 disc wit a putra AntiRollBar...

L2TurboFool

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2004
Visit site
about your extractor,you should go for an aftermarket one,going for a putra header would give you some increase but always better when its aftermarket :lol:

ravis

Known Member
Feb 10, 2005
Earth-Seremban
Visit site
Thank you dudes.............u guys have been really helpfull. 7urn57y13, i will consider ur advise on 15 inch rim.
L2TurboFool & Yong_5290, i was advised by some frens in Proton Edar Service Centre that a putra extractor is the best so far because of it's quality and the cooling element. Of course after market one is better but how much will it cost me ? Is the quality better then putra's original one ?

L2TurboFool

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2004
Visit site
well,the putra header might be the best,but i think its the best in the OEM catagory.

the quality will vary from brands.but the quality is generally great.and there's also room for improvement.wrapping it for better cooling for instance.

i'm not sure about the price.but one more thing you should take into consideration is that what type of header you want (assuming you are going for the aftermarket ones).straight flow?or a S-flow? . 4-2-1 header? or a 4-1 header?

4-2-1 ones should be just nice for you.

;) :P

JasperSSP

Known Member
Nov 21, 2003
putra extractor where can fit 4G15? I think the best is PowerZone. It's the best power to price ratio mod ever for me. It's rm410. Hotbits should be quite ok I guess. But heard the crome won't last and dun thermal wrap it. It has one advantage PowerZone doesn't though, it is mandrel bended.

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
Originally posted by JasperSSP@Feb 12 2005, 01:57
putra extractor where can fit 4G15? I think the best is PowerZone. It's the best power to price ratio mod ever for me. It's rm410. Hotbits should be quite ok I guess. But heard the crome won't last and dun thermal wrap it. It has one advantage PowerZone doesn't though, it is mandrel bended.
Hmmm.... FYI, the stock Wira SE 4-2-1 extractor is mandrel-bent too. I have one on my car, considerably cheap.

The biggest difference between the PZ extractor and the SE extractor is that - you need to remove the catalytic convertor if you wish to install the PZ. And there's where the most power gain one can experience. Use the SE extractor if you can get one and replace the cat con with a bullet. You should get roughly the same power gain.

Kusa

500 RPM
Dec 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
kusahafiez.blogspot.com
Originally posted by drexchan+Feb 12 2005, 11:53 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (drexchan @ Feb 12 2005, 11:53 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JasperSSP@Feb 12 2005, 01:57
Hmmm.... FYI, the stock Wira SE 4-2-1 extractor is mandrel-bent too. I have one on my car, considerably cheap.

The biggest difference between the PZ extractor and the SE extractor is that - you need to remove the catalytic convertor if you wish to install the PZ. And there's where the most power gain one can experience. Use the SE extractor if you can get one and replace the cat con with a bullet. You should get roughly the same power gain. [/b][/quote]
drex,

You sure the SE extractor can be used for power gain on a 4G15? i'm about to take your word for it and book one from my friend!

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken, Powerzone's exhaust headers are flow bench lenght tuned and much work has been done to develop it for optimum exhaust gas flow scavenging.

All Wira/Satrias have 4-2-1 headers (in the case of cast iron headers from older Wira/Satria models, its actually 4-1-2-1, hence increasing the exhaust back pressure).

AXXeLL

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Subang
Visit site
Dudes,
Roughly how much will it cost to purchase and install a PZ extractor while holding on to my old muffler ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hiyahhhh people...

I'd juz bought an used SAFC n already installed it into my kelisa...
Is there anyone know what is the best SAFC setting for my engine???

pz...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience