Hard Days Work *DIY'ers Only*

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Well with the long weekend withering away, i decided to install the long overdue aluminium radiator. Pics i have taken just for the sake of comparision and small write up below.

Replacing Radiator

1) Removal of Battery and tray (remember to always disconnect negative first)
2) Removal of intercooler and piping ( i take the pipings of for easier access)
3) Removal of intakes (if you have the stock airbox then its gotta come off
4) Intercooler intake vent has to come out at this point. Remove 2 10mm bolts securing dryer. Pull vent upwards gently and the dryer and vent will come off easily.
After the above you'll have direct access to the stock radiator.
5) Remove radiator hoses (upper and below) also remove AST hose. Unplug fan connectors.
6) Radiator is secured by 2 10mm nuts on each side. remove nuts (not yours!!)
7) Ensure there are no obstacles in your removal path. You will have to physically push aside a/c metal lines on battery side. Pull Upwards gently and there you have the complete radiator and fan assemblt attached.
8) Detach fan assembly by removing 3 bolts on upper end tank and it should come right off.
9) Reattach fans to new radiator by securing above mentioned bolts. Remember, fan assembly has to first fit to the bottom end tank and only then secure bolts.
10) IMPORTANT!!! Remove holding brackets from old radiator and reattach to new radiator. Please take note of direction. I had to remove everything coz i forgot to remove these two buggers!! You;d think after doing this 2 times i'd remember.
11. Reinstall.

Last edited:

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
i would like to post up some pics of the install. is there a program i could use to resize pictures? TIA

reartyre

Known Member
Mar 18, 2005
wazzuppp

phat7 said:
i would like to post up some pics of the install. is there a program i could use to resize pictures? TIA
what do you mean resize ... is it to big ... if you dont mind you can send me the pics and i can arrange it into slides on a single file ... easier to loot at kot!!! hehehehe

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
zal you know lah i dont want to brag but everything on me is big lerr ;) hahaha email bang?

joe13

Known Member
May 15, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
phat7 said:
zal you know lah i dont want to brag but everything on me is big lerr ;) hahaha email bang?
hahahahahahahaahahahahahaha.... wanna repeat the "hot spring" story? that was a blast... hahahahaahahahah...

oi... goto www.photobucket.com for all your *big* photo requirements... :tee:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey there all sifu sifus... :)
wats the differents between a VR4(200hp),vr4(220hp) vr4 RS(240hp) by the looks??..how can i noe wat type of vr4 just by the looks?...thank you all!! :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience