Myvi Lagi Best.....Modification

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
further_seems_forever.blogspot.com
what's your definition of real quick? give a 0-100 time and only then sensible recommendations can be made.

to me a kenari with a fart pipe feels real quick at 140km/h.
DANGEROUSLY quick. ;)

Bro NukeeZoid, so if i happen to want to swap the myvi to something real powderful, what would your suggestion be? i need something which is real quick, handles like its on rails and must look good..
an F430. nuff said. :rofl:

but i'm sure your RS250 is already plenty fast. ;)

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I'm in agreement with Ixeo (for once!). The Myvi's H-frame torsion beam doesn't really help with the cars overall handling. No matter how stiff you make the ARB for the rear, you will not get the same type of handling with say a Wira with 19mm rear ARB.

Center of gravity is high, short and wide wheel base, soft firewall and that's just the least of its worries.

You mod a Myvi for fun, you can't mod a Myvi for speed, power and reliability. Because there will always be some other little car out there that'll eat you for breakfast on a track. Like a EG for example. Or a Neo. Or a Wira. (All examples are stock vs stock. If modded vs modded, I think the Myvi would be at an even larger disadvantage).

The Myvi makes for a very nippy city driver and those who say the Myvi is fast under the right driver - yes.. but driving at break neck speeds on public roads makes the driver a moronic ass. The Myvi can't stop that well unless you have super sticky tyres and 4-pot calipers. But if you had 4-pot calipers getting to those break neck speeds would be harder.

I dunno about you but I've never felt safe my Myvis, it's more of a milo tin than my Wira. But at least it has ABS and EBD, so when I get into an emergency situation I won't completely obliterate myself and the car. In my Wira I'd go to the afterlife car blazing and all that.

Wish my wira had ABS. Sigh.

---------- Post added at 07:18 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:16 AM ----------

Bro NukeeZoid, so if i happen to want to swap the myvi to something real powderful, what would your suggestion be? i need something which is real quick, handles like its on rails and must look good..
How about an Ariel Atom? :rolleyes:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
That's why when they 1st launched the Myvi 1.5, I always think Lagi Best, Lagi Power or Lagi Best, Lagi Banyak Accident? :hmmmm2:

Kids never learn, thinking myvi can fly, adi come across a few youngsters in their 1.5 Myvi, driving like as though they think they are in
sports car or whatsoever...at crazy speeds, whack corners like nobody business until 1 day turtled baru cry...

Not to say 1.5, 1.3 Myvi some of them also really :banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
How we drive a kelisa also wont be fast one la bro :rofl: got limitations...

SE86

Known Member
Nov 21, 2005
aiyo..myvi not to say no good..i personally drive a myvi..1.3 stock standard with juz some exhaust modifications..for handling wise..wat i do is put the 15mm spacer infront and open up camber fo more grip..makes it easier for turn in..you can own a fast car and if u dont know to drive it than wats the use..

talking about myvi handling on track..i find it awesome..larger single pot brakes and dunlop FM901 serves you well for street use..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
"Its not what you drive.....It is how you drive it"
True la bro.

Let's say I give you a tricked out Myvi and you can whack the fella maximum all over a track.

Then I give you a tricked out Putra, I'll bet you'll be able to whack the fella even faster all over a track.

Then I give you a tricked out EG, you'll probably cream the Myvi and Putra on a track.

Yes the skill is important. But you're only ever going to be as fast as the maximum of your tool.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Myvi is not a sports car or a performance car..as many bros here agreed. It has potential, but only if you have money. Well at least there's boon doing rally, isn't it? And they are of kinda same platform. But with that amount of $$...is it worthy?

Myvi 1.5 has the punch to help u overtake other cars, get speeding ticket, roll up to genting, etc without much difficulties. If you want more from it, get a turbo but make sure ur car handling system can sustain the power. IMHO, upgrading the suspension, handling and braking are more worthy than churning power from it. It makes ur car safer to drive :-) get adjustables, bigger and or better brake system, stabilizer bars, should make the ride fun.

Btw I tot this thread is about Myvi mods, not "Myvi to mod or not to mod?" wakakaka

**put GT wing and 17" ler... Can tapau RX7 and S15 arrr....with DVVT!! :rofl:

mick87

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2009
yeap, i think the best is spend some money on the handling like lighweight 15' rims n tires n also the adjustable suspension. the stock engine is pretty much enuf for a city drive.

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

unless u r talking about Alza which im driving now, though lagi best sharing the same engine. but i still think alza is definitely underpower due to power to weight ratio. max u may load 5 passengers n forget about the 3rd row seats.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
A GTWing on a front wheel drive car? Uh.. I don't know if you were being sarcastic or what but I don't think that's going to work.

Ok la. Let's talk modding a Myvi.

1. The h-shaped rear axle/torsion beam means it'll flex and flex hard if you press hard. So over stiffening it with ARBs will break something. Learn to handle it without overkill ARBs. I heard 19mm is already too stiff and will tear out the bolted down area of the torsion beam stiffener (same design as the Passo one). Anti Roll Bar setup like the one 3Max runs on a different concept. If you're not too hardcore then the 3max ARB setup will be plenty stiff and you won't run a risk of breaking anything. If you're looking at the Passo-type torsion beam strengthener, 16mm is more than enough but it isn't really enough to feel.

2. Adjustable suspension - the rear setup is quite unique, a lot of modern cars use this type of setup (dunno what it's called) where the spring and the absorber are separate. Problem with this is if your absorber is short stroke and you use normal height springs, it'll be a mismatch and you will be able to feel it. Friend of mine can manually turn the spring to re-fit into the cup with a strong kick or two. Stupid fella using lowered sport springs with long stroke absorbers. Mismatch imho. I've also seen both the spring and absorbers put together (hi/lo/soft/hard) but I don't think the lower arms and all were designed to work like that. Don't know about this.

3. Larger wheels - you need to be careful about the offset otherwise you'll be rubbing on the arches. Some say offset +45 and some say +40 will work. I say just stick with 15" 195/50/15 and you'll be fine with whatever offset.

4. Brakes on the Myvi are sufficient but not good enough for hardcore driving. Myvi 1.5 uses slightly larger calipers and pads, and it's a PNP for the Myvi 1.3. A lot of people customize a bracket to hold Toyota calipers or Honda calipers for the Myvi. I've heard of 4-pot on a Myvi but for stock engine, that's overkill. You'd really need to know how to modulate the brake pedal otherwise it'll be "off-on" brakes with a 2-pot or 4-pot.

5. The Myvi firewall is thin and very flexible. Very apparent with the brake servo moving so much which affects brake pedal feel. The Boon and Passo have brake stopper kits but are really expensive. If someone could sponsor RM10k for me to have a mould done, I could mass produce a Myvi brake stopper that could dramatically improve brake pedal feel. Any takers?

6. The K3VE engine isn't exactly new and there's a turbo variant - K3VET. It's a direct plug and play into the Myvi 1.3 and is quite expensive. Pistons and all the internals are direct PNP into the standard K3VE, but you'll need to work on the wiring and the ECU.

7. Passo / Boon external body parts are PNP but the dash and all are not. You can plug them in but you'll need a skilled wireman to rewire the dash and the gear is located on the dash for the Passo/Boon. So that'll need some working too.

8. A simple manifold upgrade (the famous ones are Hotbits, DSport, cap ayam) and a better flow exhaust will do wonders for the cars performance. The most basic and simplest of mods with the biggest result.

9. Open pods and drop ins are useless for stock engines. Don't bother until you have something done like high compression / forced induction / etc.

What else did I miss?

Oh and those who convert to HID without projectors are idiots.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Bro Izso, I'm not being sarcastic or what...alright maybe I am. But go read the thread posted by SF in general talk about a car with GT wings and 17" rims and you shall know what I mean...hilariously funny when I read it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i plan to convert my new inspira to evo x bodykits. Any ideas from anyone if i order the bodykits from the shop, then ask them to spray 1st, once they done then only call me come to fix. Coz nornally i saw is u have left the car few days at thier shop for them to fix....touch up...then only spray. Any bodykits 's shop can do spray 1st then only fix into car. Plug n play mah...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience