Myvi 1.3 SE lagi best improvement

shanfathi

Feb 12, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Hi,
i would like to ask all the sifus in these following areas, :
1) i have been driving this car for a month, and i feel this is abit bumpy ride compared to gen2 2003 i drove before. what improvement should i do on this.

2) the normal cornering rate to me is really disturbing as i used to drive gen2, i sways alot to the side and i need improvement too. any suggestion would be great.

3) im planning to change the stock rims to a 15" rim, budget less than 700bucks and black,light weights and attractive. any suggestion?

4) I have no planning to do any modification on the engine and or anything like open port or air intake, for now i just need to improve on stability and comfortability to the ride. '

5) how to have a stable and heavy steering when on speed of 120kmh ++ ? i drove a satria neo ( friends) it has very stable and heavy steering. really convenient on highspeed

**all parts are still stocks and under warranty. i just want to drive better at cornering and good FC.

thank you.

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Dude, after i've read all your requirement and before we going further discussion. I think you're getting a wrong car. Myvi does not suit and satisfied your driving in term of handling and comfort. You should get persona or preve instead of myvi as your previous car is gen2.

For your requirement below.

1. Honestly telling you that, OEM suspension is the MOST comfortable suspension. There is no aftermarket "comfortable" suspension you could found (correct me if i'm wrong).

2. You can change your suspension to stiff 1 so you will have sightly better handling during cornering. But in the meanwhile, you will suffer stiffer ride and you might feel more bumpy.

3. No comment on this. Rim is subjective to individual. Go visit tyre shop and choose the Rim you like.

4. If you plan to improve the handling. You can add anti roller bar on the rear and opt stiffer suspension. As i mentioned @ option 2, your ride will no longer comfortable.

5. I think EPS in myvi will have heavier "feeling" during highspeed but don't compare with neo. Myvi designed for town, not for high speed cruising.

for your last statement. Keep it as stock which wont void your warranty + stock myvi is in a good FC.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Agree totally. Myvi built is so high up how to be stable. By the time you mod it to be stable, no more comfort.
As for rims RM700 I think can get normal ones. Light weight you will have to budget more.

Cars that you are comparing too like Gen 2 and Satria Neo are definitely more stable....:driver:

desmond0318

Known Member
May 31, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Rim size upgrade means fuel effecient downgrade you decide, i think rm700 can't get 'real' alloy rims.
If the body roll at high speed corner wasn't that serious to cause you feel travel sick, just leave the suspension alone. Is the matter of time and you will get use to it.

mcliong1

Known Member
Jun 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi, no. 1 and 2 can improve the bumpy and cornering by change to after market absorber and spring , however changing it will reduce your comfortability to the ride.

There are alot of below RM700 light weight rims, but beware of those cheap replica and material as it may crack/break/ect.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Jerrysiow has pretty much covered it all.

You're driving a Myvi, expect a Myvi. Not a Gen2.

There's no such thing as comfort and performance. Nothing is more comfortable than stock. If it's bumpy or something then you should be complaining to P2 and claim warranty.

Btw, if you change to cheapass 15" rims, expect your performance to decrease even more. Heavy rims and wider track (tyres) vs stock will definitely hurt your acceleration and braking but give you somewhat better cornering. So if you're gonna go 15", at the very least get lightweight rims like the Advanti Storm series. My rims + tyres (15") is lighter than stock myvi rims + tyres (14"). Makes a helluva difference.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If going 15" then 195/50R15 will not be that bad on the power, handling and braking is good but comfort level not good. 195/55R15 then power not good but comfort better. So everything got pros and cons, have to decide properly.....

garychong1

Apr 1, 2012
Subang Jaya
Try doing some research on Advanti Storm Series. They weigh 4.9kgs per pc for 15 inch and i think they look ok. And i think you could get them within your budget of RM700 excluding tyres.

shanfathi

Feb 12, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Dude, after i've read all your requirement and before we going further discussion. I think you're getting a wrong car. Myvi does not suit and satisfied your driving in term of handling and comfort. You should get persona or preve instead of myvi as your previous car is gen2.

For your requirement below.

1. Honestly telling you that, OEM suspension is the MOST comfortable suspension. There is no aftermarket "comfortable" suspension you could found (correct me if i'm wrong).

2. You can change your suspension to stiff 1 so you will have sightly better handling during cornering. But in the meanwhile, you will suffer stiffer ride and you might feel more bumpy.

3. No comment on this. Rim is subjective to individual. Go visit tyre shop and choose the Rim you like.

4. If you plan to improve the handling. You can add anti roller bar on the rear and opt stiffer suspension. As i mentioned @ option 2, your ride will no longer comfortable.

5. I think EPS in myvi will have heavier "feeling" during highspeed but don't compare with neo. Myvi designed for town, not for high speed cruising.

for your last statement. Keep it as stock which wont void your warranty + stock myvi is in a good FC.
thank you for your reply, yes i want stability and comfort. but i would like to improve the stability more. and about preve and other car, i cant really choose, this is a car that my mom bought for me. so really would like to improve what i can to make it just abit more better than stock. :) cheers buddy.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
You can't have both worlds. You want comfort, no handling. You want handling, no comfort. All I did previously
because I do not want to sacrifice the comfort too much, I just opt for a Sports Absorber from GAB.
Only lasted me about 1 1/2 years and started to be soft again. Well expected for suspension lifespan around there.

Everyone has pretty much cover everything on your questions. You can opt for Sports Absorber.
To me is better than stock, handling was slightly better. But mine is was not on Myvi. Other cars.

You can start with Stiff Rings and Anti-Roll bar for some handling improvements. Also comfort is very subjective.
I feel comfortable with HWL Adjustables in a friend's car. Have good handling too. Wasn't that bumpy to me.
Maybe rear passengers may feel it since I was at the front passenger seat.

Rims, Advanti Brand would be your choice but RM700 can't get one. At least RM1K above.
Still the cheapest brand for aftermarket rims. Replica rims won't be able to find a lightweight ones.

shanfathi

Feb 12, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Agree totally. Myvi built is so high up how to be stable. By the time you mod it to be stable, no more comfort.
As for rims RM700 I think can get normal ones. Light weight you will have to budget more.

Cars that you are comparing too like Gen 2 and Satria Neo are definitely more stable....:driver:
thank you, definitely change the way i think about my myvi, will use it as wise as it can for a city car..

Rim size upgrade means fuel effecient downgrade you decide, i think rm700 can't get 'real' alloy rims.
If the body roll at high speed corner wasn't that serious to cause you feel travel sick, just leave the suspension alone. Is the matter of time and you will get use to it.

Hi, no. 1 and 2 can improve the bumpy and cornering by change to after market absorber and spring , however changing it will reduce your comfortability to the ride.

There are alot of below RM700 light weight rims, but beware of those cheap replica and material as it may crack/break/ect.
yes about that, i have decided to go for ARB ultra racing and front strut bar for the stability first. then the rims, lightweight ones that is lighter than stock. about comfort, i will have to choose stability first, as it is more important to me.

i hope i have more choices of rims 15" that is lightweights. too many fake rims , so scared to buy one. haha

Jerrysiow has pretty much covered it all.

You're driving a Myvi, expect a Myvi. Not a Gen2.

There's no such thing as comfort and performance. Nothing is more comfortable than stock. If it's bumpy or something then you should be complaining to P2 and claim warranty.

Btw, if you change to cheapass 15" rims, expect your performance to decrease even more. Heavy rims and wider track (tyres) vs stock will definitely hurt your acceleration and braking but give you somewhat better cornering. So if you're gonna go 15", at the very least get lightweight rims like the Advanti Storm series. My rims + tyres (15") is lighter than stock myvi rims + tyres (14"). Makes a helluva difference.
hi, may i know your current rims and tyres? and yess i will definitely google more on that advanti storm...

If going 15" then 195/50R15 will not be that bad on the power, handling and braking is good but comfort level not good. 195/55R15 then power not good but comfort better. So everything got pros and cons, have to decide properly.....
Try doing some research on Advanti Storm Series. They weigh 4.9kgs per pc for 15 inch and i think they look ok. And i think you could get them within your budget of RM700 excluding tyres.
Thank you all, i have decided on what will i do with my car now.
1) get the Ultra Racing ABS, and front strut bar ( stability > comfortability )

2) will do more research on lightweights rim and get a nice black rim 15" and looking for lighter one than the stock or else it wont be making much difference .

that is all for now i think, and i will try not to make my ride suffer and learn to use this car as a city car not performance car :) cheer buddy all

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
hi, may i know your current rims and tyres? and yess i will definitely google more on that advanti storm...

Thank you all, i have decided on what will i do with my car now.
1) get the Ultra Racing ABS, and front strut bar ( stability > comfortability )

2) will do more research on lightweights rim and get a nice black rim 15" and looking for lighter one than the stock or else it wont be making much difference .

that is all for now i think, and i will try not to make my ride suffer and learn to use this car as a city car not performance car :) cheer buddy all
I'm on these : Advanti Racing | Truly Desirable

Advanti storm Series 2 :biggrin:

I wouldn't have high hopes for brace bars on the Myvi. The front tower strut bar will stiffen the front so much so your steering will seem more responsive. Fender bars perhaps might help as well. 4-pt lower brace perhaps again might have some effect in the front. The rear torsion beam strengthener is a waste of money. If you like I can sell you mine cheap. :biggrin: Any other chassis strengthening bar will get in the way. Like the rear tower strut bar will kill boot space. The room bar will kill rear legroom. If ultimately you want to have stability you'll have to sacrifice some comfort. Go for fully adjustable suspension. Some sport springs will make the car unbearable low and crossing bumps will be a pain in the ass unless you go up in wheel size which might increase ride height. Anyway it's a science to get the right mix cuz not everyone has the same taste. You're better off meeting up Myvi owners and testing their rides, then only decide which one is for you then only buy it. Personally - I find the chassis alignment kits (like stiffring) are a waste of money on a car like the Myvi.

shanfathi

Feb 12, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
I'm on these : Advanti Racing | Truly Desirable

Advanti storm Series 2 :biggrin:

I wouldn't have high hopes for brace bars on the Myvi. The front tower strut bar will stiffen the front so much so your steering will seem more responsive. Fender bars perhaps might help as well. 4-pt lower brace perhaps again might have some effect in the front. The rear torsion beam strengthener is a waste of money. If you like I can sell you mine cheap. :biggrin: Any other chassis strengthening bar will get in the way. Like the rear tower strut bar will kill boot space. The room bar will kill rear legroom. If ultimately you want to have stability you'll have to sacrifice some comfort. Go for fully adjustable suspension. Some sport springs will make the car unbearable low and crossing bumps will be a pain in the ass unless you go up in wheel size which might increase ride height. Anyway it's a science to get the right mix cuz not everyone has the same taste. You're better off meeting up Myvi owners and testing their rides, then only decide which one is for you then only buy it. Personally - I find the chassis alignment kits (like stiffring) are a waste of money on a car like the Myvi.

yeah but i have good review from myvi's owner baout the anti roll bar UR.. so might get that done. btw nice rim. yeah i looking something similar and perhaps may i know whats the weight of the stock rims so i can use to find a better rim,?

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
yeah but i have good review from myvi's owner baout the anti roll bar UR.. so might get that done. btw nice rim. yeah i looking something similar and perhaps may i know whats the weight of the stock rims so i can use to find a better rim,?
Please don't fully trust on those myvi's owner reviews. Some owners are too subjective (probably they too love their car). Personally i found out some are overrated the product performance. Example, front lower 4points structure bar. It does a little improve on the braking part (which the car won't falls too much to the front). Same to the rear ARB and front tower bar.

If you want significant improvement in stability. I can recommend you to install fully adjustable suspension and bear in mind that, your passenger (especially rear passenger) will dislike the feedback from the road. 

PS: Stay in stock form IS THE BEST!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello;
I have 2 questions to ask about my 1.3 Kia Rio.

1) when cold start, then put in R or D the car will jerking and sometime mati. but if we tkan minyak abit, terus no problem, no more jerking..

2) My auto box suka tuka2 gear....a bit bukit terus gear 3...then if i am driving above 120..then tkan minyak nak pecut..it will automatically masuk gear 2..is this normal...the car will just bising but not much speed difference..

someone please help me...tq =)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience