who expert in ice please help me....help help...

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Senior Member

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Senior Member
Sep 2, 2005
780
1
1,518
Kuala Lumpur
Not all made from USA is better... some from Europe... DLS, Sinfoni, Brax, Helix, Genesis, Audison, PHD, Revamp, Xetec, Audio System, Steg... some from Japan Alpine F#1 & old V12 seris, Luxman, Naka... from US like Zapco, Tru, SS Human Reign, Orion HCCA G4/5 & XTR, PG, Mcintosh, PPI
 

kyheng

1,000 RPM
Senior Member

kyheng

1,000 RPM
Senior Member
May 20, 2005
1,202
0
3,136
seremban
For me, cheap things dosen't mean that is no good, only most of the people think like this. If the US brand is really made in US, then the quality will be better than other that made in China or... But now most of the US brands are made in China.
 

acidcoller

500 RPM
Senior Member

acidcoller

500 RPM
Senior Member
Mar 29, 2006
939
2
1,518
kyheng said:
For me, cheap things dosen't mean that is no good, only most of the people think like this. If the US brand is really made in US, then the quality will be better than other that made in China or... But now most of the US brands are made in China.

i agrree u bro

now in malaysia very hard to find any product pure USA made..

erm..

anyone who know the brand and made from..?
kindly list for me
 

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Senior Member

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Senior Member
Sep 2, 2005
780
1
1,518
Kuala Lumpur
As I know only top model production still in USA...... why don't you change from USA product to Europe product.... like Brax, Sinfoni, Genesis, Audison, Audio System, DLS, PHD, Steg, Xetec, Helix....... for me best amp from US right know only Tru Technology, Sound Stream Human Reign 2/4 & several top model Zapco...
 

acidcoller

500 RPM
Senior Member

acidcoller

500 RPM
Senior Member
Mar 29, 2006
939
2
1,518
oldskolboyz said:
As I know only top model production still in USA...... why don't you change from USA product to Europe product.... like Brax, Sinfoni, Genesis, Audison, Audio System, DLS, PHD, Steg, Xetec, Helix....... for me best amp from US right know only Tru Technology, Sound Stream Human Reign 2/4 & several top model Zapco...
ooicc...

but i think very hard to find the acc shop while they sale this product..

can u PM me wheres i want find..?
 

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Senior Member

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Senior Member
Sep 2, 2005
780
1
1,518
Kuala Lumpur
Yup... U can survey at this shop KF Audio Aman Suria, ACP PJ, SoundQuest Cheras, KK Lau around PJ, MegaSound PJ if I not mistaken laaa.... but some of those product beyond your budget... 2 or 3 amp can get 1 new MYvi or Wira SE....
 

acidcoller

500 RPM
Senior Member

acidcoller

500 RPM
Senior Member
Mar 29, 2006
939
2
1,518
oldskolboyz said:
Yup... U can survey at this shop KF Audio Aman Suria, ACP PJ, SoundQuest Cheras, KK Lau around PJ, MegaSound PJ if I not mistaken laaa.... but some of those product beyond your budget... 2 or 3 amp can get 1 new MYvi or Wira SE....
hehehe
watever tq

mayb i can improve my knowledge
 

r60262

Known Member
Senior Member

r60262

Known Member
Senior Member
Mar 23, 2006
282
0
1,516
increase you amp watt to support you woofer... use 1000w 2 channel
 

acidcoller

500 RPM
Senior Member

acidcoller

500 RPM
Senior Member
Mar 29, 2006
939
2
1,518
r60262 said:
increase you amp watt to support you woofer... use 1000w 2 channel

bro..
what ur means..


ermmm...

for examples

can i use this amp

General
Output 4 Ohms 150W x 1
Output 2 Ohms 300W x 1
Signal-to-Noise Ratio >100
Frequency Response (±3dB) 20Hz - 500Hz
Total Harmonic Distortion 0.1%
Input Sensitivity 250mV - 4V



or


RMS watt @ 4 Ohm = 1x400w
RMS watt @ 2 ohm = 1x700w
RMS watt @ 1 Ohm = 1x1200w
Frequency Response = 20Hz - 2500Hz
Total Harmonic Distortion 0.1%

or any suggest for spec i must get???
 

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Senior Member

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Senior Member
Jul 12, 2005
2,799
43
1,648
KL
acidcoller said:
General
Output 4 Ohms 150W x 1
Output 2 Ohms 300W x 1
Signal-to-Noise Ratio >100
Frequency Response (±3dB) 20Hz - 500Hz
Total Harmonic Distortion 0.1%
Input Sensitivity 250mV - 4V

or

RMS watt @ 4 Ohm = 1x400w
RMS watt @ 2 ohm = 1x700w
RMS watt @ 1 Ohm = 1x1200w
Frequency Response = 20Hz - 2500Hz
Total Harmonic Distortion 0.1%

or any suggest for spec i must get???
your 2 subs are svc and wired in parallel gives u 2ohm, so u need to find an amp that gives enough power to both subs at 2ohm

the 1st amp gives u only 300W at 2ohm, which means each sub gets 150W only, not enuff one...

the 2nd amp better, gives u 700W at 2ohm which means each sub gets 350W, should be enough la since the subs are 250W rms.
 

appleyard

500 RPM
Senior Member

appleyard

500 RPM
Senior Member
Dec 20, 2004
773
2
3,018
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
i am guessing that amp is the Zeuz amp selling in gr8tunes isnt it. Of course more is better. Someone gave a review that amp is good for its money, never heard or seen that amp but i heard good or average stories on that amp.

Actually last time when i was looking for a mono someone recommended me Zeuz amp, I was sceptical at first because i dont have a big budget. But lastly when i got extra i got a better amp.
 

acidcoller

500 RPM
Senior Member

acidcoller

500 RPM
Senior Member
Mar 29, 2006
939
2
1,518
bro..
what is defference original product with ayam product??
got more impact the sound system quality..???
 

gwsallen

Known Member
Senior Member

gwsallen

Known Member
Senior Member
Jan 27, 2004
314
0
3,016
acidcoller:

original product, says European or U.S products, when stated 200W rms means it actually producing 200W rms or slightly more. ayam brand may stated there 1000W but it actually mean 1000W p.m.p.o which may convert back to about 200W rms more or less. some of you may xperience, my one also 1000W, my friend's one also 1000W but his one more expensive. But my one not as punchy as his. Two also 1000W what.... by the time you found out what is PMPO and what is RMS, you will never go back for ayam brand again.

Secondly, original more durable, less noise, better SQ = more stable signal and etc.

Btw, guys, this is a good thread.

Something just came across my mind. Say i have an amp 500W rms to drive a 10" sub. On my amp, my gain level is half. My question here is am i sending 500W signal to the sub or just 250W? This question has been flying around my head for some time, just that i did not bother to go and find out. Hope some gurus here help me in a short cut way :P Thanks in advance.
 

acidcoller

500 RPM
Senior Member

acidcoller

500 RPM
Senior Member
Mar 29, 2006
939
2
1,518
gwsallen said:
acidcoller:

original product, says European or U.S products, when stated 200W rms means it actually producing 200W rms or slightly more. ayam brand may stated there 1000W but it actually mean 1000W p.m.p.o which may convert back to about 200W rms more or less. some of you may xperience, my one also 1000W, my friend's one also 1000W but his one more expensive. But my one not as punchy as his. Two also 1000W what.... by the time you found out what is PMPO and what is RMS, you will never go back for ayam brand again.

Secondly, original more durable, less noise, better SQ = more stable signal and etc.

Btw, guys, this is a good thread.

Something just came across my mind. Say i have an amp 500W rms to drive a 10" sub. On my amp, my gain level is half. My question here is am i sending 500W signal to the sub or just 250W? This question has been flying around my head for some time, just that i did not bother to go and find out. Hope some gurus here help me in a short cut way :P Thanks in advance.

yes
im very agree with u bro

anyone have any opinion or idea this hot topic???
help me now for upgrade the knowladge about ice system


:cry_smile: :cry_smile: :cry_smile:
 

kyheng

1,000 RPM
Senior Member

kyheng

1,000 RPM
Senior Member
May 20, 2005
1,202
0
3,136
seremban
gwsallen, the gain on the amp is actually not volume control. Where some people tends to misunderstand it, including me last time. What I understand now(correct me if wrong), if said the amp is 500w and the gain is 50%, it will still reach 500 with this gain(50%) when we push our HU volume higher. If we set to 75 or higher, it will distort or clipping faster(where the speakers starts to crack). This can be notice on speakers and tweeters when the gain is set high, you will get noise or airplane sound. But if you let the HU to work more with the gain set lower, then this problem will be lesser. More info you can get from this website : http://www.bcae1.com/
 

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Senior Member

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Senior Member
Sep 2, 2005
780
1
1,518
Kuala Lumpur
gwsallen said:
acidcoller:

Something just came across my mind. Say i have an amp 500W rms to drive a 10" sub. On my amp, my gain level is half. My question here is am i sending 500W signal to the sub or just 250W? This question has been flying around my head for some time, just that i did not bother to go and find out. Hope some gurus here help me in a short cut way :P Thanks in advance.
Not 100% laa.. it's depend on current flow to amp.. let say your amp 500W at 14.4v.. only at this current the amp will pump 500W (max) to you sub.. if the current flow at 13.8v maybe less than that laa.. around 400-450W.. Hope you can check with manual.. every amp manual will show/state the actual power rating like 100w X 2 4ohm 12.v & 150w X 2 4ohm at 13.8v or 14.4v..

Gain control is the Volume Control knob.. I don't know why so many ppl are taught that gains are NOT volume controls.. but that the fact.. Let me try to clarify this a little..

If we hook up a head unit with a 4volt (or more) output to an amplifier, then the volume will get loud very fast when we start to turn it up...In other words if our digital volume control goes from 1-30, then a HIGH VOLT output to an amplifier might make the amplifier reach full power at 5 on the volume scale... That not good cause it would be nice if you had a little more swing in your 1-30 range!

And by the same token a headunit with a LOW VOLT output might have to be turned up all the way to 30 and might still not quite drive the amplifier to full power... That not good either..

A gain control in this case will allow you to adjust the amplifier so it allows the volume of a headunit to control the amplifier so it will get loud at a desirable point in the 1-30 swing... Usually about 3/4 the way up. We don't want it to get loud too fast as we wont have a good control as music levels differ. And we don't want it to have to be turned up all the way to get loud either, because since different music may be recorded at different levels if we set the gains for max output with one music source it might not get loud with a music source recorded at a lesser level.

So, by setting the gains so 3/4 turn of the headunits volume knob gets it LOUD gives you plenty of control and some extra above the 3/4 mark in case you get some music that's recorded at a lesser level...
 
Last edited:

kyheng

1,000 RPM
Senior Member

kyheng

1,000 RPM
Senior Member
May 20, 2005
1,202
0
3,136
seremban

acidcoller

500 RPM
Senior Member

acidcoller

500 RPM
Senior Member
Mar 29, 2006
939
2
1,518
ok

how about the local brand with ori brand...??

for examples JBL original from distributor with JBL china
got more impact the sound system quality..???


i saw many shop acc sale this item not much defference with ori product
so confuse where is ori or not

:cry_smile: :cry_smile: :cry_smile: