opinion on ice setup

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
This one is not overkill, but demo vehicle. My company had 2 of them, a Honda Stream and a Toyota Celica. The Honda Stream is a 2 seater....ha! ha! Behind is molding, speakers, amps etc. etc...
The Celica is not lowered, but sits like lowered because full of amps, speakers etc. etc...

When run on the car battery more then half of them are shut down. To run everything at the same time it runs on AC 240v 60amp and hook onto a transformer to power these sets.
At a demo once they supply us, normal 15 amp extension and by half day the plug melted....:smokin:
waa dangerous woooo, next time better bring bigger cables loorrr, lucky ext. melt, if got over current surge, than can see fireworks imside the car wooo:smokin:

---------- Post added at 03:52 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:30 AM ----------

ha! ha! now Ice TT also....:rolleyes:

My setup even more simple but sound should be quite far from you all SQ kakis. Speakers power by HU, only sub powered by small amp. Front 2 way component, 4" mid bass on dash, rear 6 x 9, 2 way speakers.
right now mine uses ol' school jvc cd hu c/w 50w 4 channel built in power amp (loud function) sadly the rca signal outlet only 2 way, cheap cheap pre-amp, ol' school SAGA 1200w 4 channel amp made for :-
2 channel for 2x10" sub
2 channel for cs consist of 6" speaker, 4" mid bas & tweeter
diy wiring, hu,pre-amp & amp power supply direct batt
remote signal also direct batt through relay via original hu signal wire:biggrin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
waa dangerous woooo, next time better bring bigger cables loorrr, lucky ext. melt, if got over current surge, than can see fireworks imside the car wooo:smokin:
Nothing will happen to the car. The AC currently powers through a transformer supply DC current to the sets. The plug that melted is the one powering the transformer....:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
off topic, is it necessary to install amp for CS?
Nope. Depends on the sensitivity of the components. You need to look for sensitivity, the higher the dB the easier it is to drive (meaning power up). Like my Rainbows, it's in the 92++dB range so even stock HU which has a pathetic 2.5v (give or take) output can power it up. With a proper amp the amp gain won't need to be jacked up too much to make it really sing.

Who is Waja?
Oh crap! Sorry!! I've been reading your nick wrongly. waiora not waja.. sorry! :adore:

twisted, vr2turbo : I never quite understood those demo cars. I've seen cars that have 12 car batteries daisy chained to run a gazillion subwoofers, I never understand why until I went to a SPL competition. Best seat in the competition is the one that's about 80m away from the demo cars. :biggrin: Gawd they're loud. And those massive alternators are crazy!

khairi-j

Mar 25, 2013
Selangor
I ask some of my fren n they suggest 2 me 2 install high quality active sub n cs 1st..how about that..now i try 2 google myself a good active sub n cs to pair it..kinda headache try 2 do dis..:confused:

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
I ask some of my fren n they suggest 2 me 2 install high quality active sub n cs 1st..how about that..now i try 2 google myself a good active sub n cs to pair it..kinda headache try 2 do dis..:confused:
Refer to this...
Worst and best car audio brands?

Infinity can be considered Entry Level brand...dare to invest RM650 (w/o installation) for it?

Your friend audiophiles?
I suggest you hear from similar setup first...
Then hear what others RM1500-2000 setup can provide (like what forumers here suggest..audio TT!!!)...
Then decide...

khairi-j

Mar 25, 2013
Selangor
My fren not audiophiles..guest i gonna go 2 cv audio shop to listen n decide wat 2 do. Thanks 4 d worst n best audio brands list :smile:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
For the money you pay for 2 active subs, you're better off getting a proper sub. It may take up space but it's more worth it.

And yes, TT with audio guys like myself, Waiora and others then regret later when you kena poison.

:biggrin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Nope. Depends on the sensitivity of the components. You need to look for sensitivity, the higher the dB the easier it is to drive (meaning power up). Like my Rainbows, it's in the 92++dB range so even stock HU which has a pathetic 2.5v (give or take) output can power it up. With a proper amp the amp gain won't need to be jacked up too much to make it really sing.

Oh crap! Sorry!! I've been reading your nick wrongly. waiora not waja.. sorry! :adore:

twisted, vr2turbo : I never quite understood those demo cars. I've seen cars that have 12 car batteries daisy chained to run a gazillion subwoofers, I never understand why until I went to a SPL competition. Best seat in the competition is the one that's about 80m away from the demo cars. :biggrin: Gawd they're loud. And those massive alternators are crazy!
The demo cars here normally run full setup using transformer. The ones in Thailand full of batteries or alternators.....here are some pictures I took when in Bangkok Motor Show

6 alternators.....:adore:

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
The demo cars here normally run full setup using transformer. The ones in Thailand full of batteries or alternators.....here are some pictures I took when in Bangkok Motor Show

6 alternators.....:adore:
huhu, think i want 2 put extra alter 2 for my ride, seperate them from audio @ normal use:biggrin::hmmmm:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Extra alternator gonna sap your engine power I suspect. Personally I'm happy with my 70A stock alternator and NS70 battery. Could use a 1F power cap or a power conditioner like the one from Helix or something, but no budget man.

Anyway, where is the TS? Let's all ajak him to poison him into starting ICE.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear sifu's,
Im still a noobie using mivec and the more i read the more i get confused. Everyone has their own way to do their car. Could anyone give me tips on Level 1 upgrading(piping width, type of air filter intake piping,etc)for my mivec.
thanks in advance.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience