Need opinion: ICE in BMW 523i

hey_guy

Known Member
Apr 11, 2006
I have a friend who drives a 523i. He's using i think a 4ch Nakamichi amp (not sure which model and specs) and a Memphis 12" sub with custom box.

The problem is the sound from his sub just got trapped in the boot. Thus the bass is very minimal in the passenger area even when blasted loudly.

I believe its the sound prove effect of his car... not sure... anyone here owns the same car model with good ICE setup? need some sifu's advice here :regular_smile:

Alcon06

Known Member
Mar 6, 2006
You might want to try removing the rear speakers from the rear parcel shelf to let some of the bass in as well :_:

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
amp no power oneeeeee.....

Kippo

Known Member
Mar 5, 2005
take out the rear speakers. leave that hole there & cover with the speaker grill

hey_guy

Known Member
Apr 11, 2006
good idea! i will ask my friend to try that one day... will post the outcome once tested :regular_smile:

TT9236

Apr 6, 2004
hey_guy said:
I have a friend who drives a 523i. He's using i think a 4ch Nakamichi amp (not sure which model and specs) and a Memphis 12" sub with custom box.

The problem is the sound from his sub just got trapped in the boot. Thus the bass is very minimal in the passenger area even when blasted loudly.

I believe its the sound prove effect of his car... not sure... anyone here owns the same car model with good ICE setup? need some sifu's advice here :regular_smile:
ASK UR FREN TAKE THE SPK BOX OUT AND JUST MAKE IT FREE AIR (IB)
I THINK THE PROBLEM IS SLOVE

hey_guy

Known Member
Apr 11, 2006
TT9236 said:
ASK UR FREN TAKE THE SPK BOX OUT AND JUST MAKE IT FREE AIR (IB)
I THINK THE PROBLEM IS SLOVE
Sorry... what is free air? i'm new with some of the terms here :embaressed_smile:

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
have to make sure first if the sub is suitable for free air setup or not, and also if the car owner is willing to cut a hole in his rear shelf. maybe he can sell off his memphis sub and get 2 units JL10IB4 if can still find lah.....install under the stock rear speaker hole but u need to build up the rear deck really strongly to hold the subs and to seal the rear from the cabin.

hey_guy

Known Member
Apr 11, 2006
Zenn said:
have to make sure first if the sub is suitable for free air setup or not, and also if the car owner is willing to cut a hole in his rear shelf. maybe he can sell off his memphis sub and get 2 units JL10IB4 if can still find lah.....install under the stock rear speaker hole but u need to build up the rear deck really strongly to hold the subs and to seal the rear from the cabin.
i dun think he's willing to cut a hole for free air setup... heartache if he does that :shocked:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ferrari has constantly denied the existence of a new baby Ferrari, but it keeps emerging everywhere, guess Ferrari is just trying to make a hype of it before its debut. Expected to be introduced at this years Paris Motor Show, the successor to the legendary Ferrari Dino will be possibly named the GT420 or 470 or maybe just, Dino all over again.

To be based on a shortened platform of the Maserati...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience