What I've done to my stock navigation

doritezza

Known Member
Jul 19, 2008
Hi All,

how to modifiy ur stock navigation

just wanna share knowledge with you. Kindly pls use translation page like altavista to translate.but i think the picture is enough to understand :proud:

If u have stock navigation,i"m sure it is not working rite?so how come u do this like mine? connect to ur dvd player :proud:

here is the wiring diagram.Just connet 4 wires to make the pop up mechanism function.

in the picture,
upper right is Main power (+)
upper left is Illumination
lower right is ACC power (+)
lower left is Earth (-)

Note : This diagram is for stock navigation model 98-01 only(5inch monitor). I dunno whether 01n above model (7inch monitor) is same or not.

Last edited:

altezza8448

Aug 14, 2007
Hee heee,

Almost the same thing what I did to mine. Instead of placing a monitor screen, I remove the display screen and create a dummy box. Place a garmin Nuvi 200w inside. Fit perfectly. At least now, the directions are in english!!!:biggrin:

doritezza

Known Member
Jul 19, 2008
bro, how much ur garmin?

doritezza

Known Member
Jul 19, 2008
Now they offering at RM650 only...
where can i get this ↑↑↑ one? ive just checked at the website but nothing special there.the cheapest one is about 1k++....

doritezza

Known Member
Jul 19, 2008
Greytezza & aidmob, thanks for the info :biggrin:

davidgm16

Known Member
Dec 20, 2005
Hee heee,

Almost the same thing what I did to mine. Instead of placing a monitor screen, I remove the display screen and create a dummy box. Place a garmin Nuvi 200w inside. Fit perfectly. At least now, the directions are in english!!!:biggrin:
$650 is the price of the garmin, how about the installation fee? or u guys talking about DIY?

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
The Garmin NavSat does not need much installation. It is a simple DIY job becoz it runs on its own power source or u can just plug into yr ciggi lighter socket.
U just need to secure the cradle that holds the unit at a position that provides a good view to the driver.
The unit can also be use as a portable unit when u are overseas.

E S K A Y

Oct 29, 2006
hope the attached picture can explain .... :)

this is what i've done to my stock navigation ...

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
IMHO..I think the garmin nuvi shld be left "free and easy" coz since it is portable, u can carry it with u or transfer to another car when the need arises.
If you want a permanently fix unit, u might as well buy this...
https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=134&pID=10573
And u just connect it to your audio/video entertainment system and the map will be transfer to yr dvd player screen. But it does cost more than the Nuvi unit though...:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone tried using one of these? Open up the valve will give a noisy ride but improve in power and closed it when you need a silent ride, but what are the problem known after installing it? can the electric motor stand the heat of the exhaust? All the sifus please advice.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience