Turbo Vs Vtec

ferio94eg9

Known Member
Jul 12, 2007
i own a Civic EG9.....really enjoy the ride, engine performance + realiability, easy to maintain. however, maybe my future car will be a Forced Induction (Turbo) vehicle with rear wheel drive. engine with great power should comes with great handling.

Bump:
i very very agree with the bold and underlined statement. juz sold my EK b18gsr with a lil bit mods1 month ago, after juz 6 month i owned it. rasa x puas dlm erti kata yg digembargemburkan (no offence). vtec mmg power, jika dibandingkan dgn NA yg lain.x di nafikan, mmg power. tp dgn tubo, babai....

now im searching 4 another car. duit cash dah ada, tp konfius nk pakai turbo atau vtec. rasa mcm nk rasa vtec balik. x sepower turbo, tp 'meriangkan'... hehheehhe... :thefinger::thefinger::thefinger: (sory 4 my broken english)
before u bought the ek b18gsr, what type of car did you own before or familiar with the ride?

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
The 13B Renesis or FD3S engine are both classified in the 2.5L V6 category when compared with other engines - a point worth noting.

I'm just saying some small minded person is going to come on this thread read 3 pages and decide that all of us are gay for liking one or the other. It will be the advent of a flame session where tempers will flare.

Trinityblood

3,000 RPM
Nov 10, 2007
:sleep:erm........better get some sleep and woke up go work soon buy some stuf to mod my
turbo...or end up being smoke by vtec....:bawling:...vtec fast ma.....

SAO 6418

Known Member
Jun 11, 2005
Ipoh
put me in a race? lol

deacon, i tot dis thread is just a waste of ur time.. and yet, i still see ur post. y aa..?

the thing is, i agree dat wit everything dat u say, and i wudnt create such a topic, but if sumone had alredi start a discussion on it, whattheheck rite.. i dont have anything much better to do anyway, mite as well give sum of my opinions out. its like, if u give out ur opinion, everybody has to listen, and nuthing else matters. if its like dat, okie ler den.. i'll let myself outta dis so-called "moronic" discussion. i need a break anyway, see ya:sleep:

ps : what did i win sao? nuthing rite? lol
Hello is me again....:wavey:
Tis time,i have to agree wif ur statement xtremeleo. Aiya... u didin win n i didin loss & vise versa, juz to end out the fiery conversation....:smokin: who win juz not my business. Race orr.... i'm affraid i have to use my stock sr20det loh...:rofl: sohc vtec sell liao.... Joking only lah....

Actually it cannot deny tat turbo is fast but vtec also not slow....
Personnally if wan fast car then turbo, if wan those garang high revving scream then go vtec.
Tat's why in the 1st place i oledi mention muz compare apple to apple e.g turbo vs turbo or supercharge, n/a vs n/a but since compararison is d other way round then have to follow loh...

Btw, actually my reply mainly is to counter back those reply which i feel maybe not accurate. Example: 200hp b-series, some said is highly mod lah these n tat but for those who know they will clarify it. Not always many ppl said true then the things true.....

xtremeleo,
juz wanna clarify something, if not mistaken engine efficiency is depend on fuel and compression ratio, the higher the CR then d higher engine efficiency will be. Turbo is better in-term of thermal efficiency under full load. Pls advise.....

Dougster
may i know what 1.3 stock turbo car or engine (dun take 13B rotary) tat can beat B16B?
B18B is a non-vtec DOHC (mainly US or europe market) which less powerful than b16a...
Actually 13B is consider 2600cc (1300cc x 2 = 2600cc) bcoz of 2 rotor chamber

D-IV

Known Member
Mar 11, 2006
Deacon,

SAO 6418 was referring to a B-series 200hp EG which IMO doesn't exist. Now putting in a ~196hp B18CR engine into that EG would mean a different thing coz i was referring to stock standards trim. And any deviation from stock standard trim is NOT STANDARD to me.

Oh yeah, before people go hating me. I'm a Honda lover and a VTEC owner. I'm not biased here because I know the facts and accept reality here. Yes some honda can tapau turbo cars lah... itu lah ... ini lah.... but remember, other variables can take place too.

Btw, i never thought that 13B engines is = (1,300cc x 2) = 2.6 liters. They have 2 rotor chambers? I thought they have single chambers for intake stroke, compression stroke, power stroke and exhaust stroke?

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
Deacon,

SAO 6418 was referring to a B-series 200hp EG which IMO doesn't exist. Now putting in a ~196hp B18CR engine into that EG would mean a different thing coz i was referring to stock standards trim. And any deviation from stock standard trim is NOT STANDARD to me.

Oh yeah, before people go hating me. I'm a Honda lover and a VTEC owner. I'm not biased here because I know the facts and accept reality here. Yes some honda can tapau turbo cars lah... itu lah ... ini lah.... but remember, other variables can take place too.

Btw, i never thought that 13B engines is = (1,300cc x 2) = 2.6 liters. They have 2 rotor chambers? I thought they have single chambers for intake stroke, compression stroke, power stroke and exhaust stroke?
Right my bad failed to read the stock portion.

13B rotary engines are only 654cc x 2. But when compared in terms of performance they are considered in the inline 6 and V6 category.

For example, when the Renesis engine was released it won best engine of the year in the 2.5 V6 category stipulated by the commission that grades and awards engines.

I believe that the reason is based on fuel consumption not necessarily based on CC only.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_Wankel_engine

Here is the link to the article. It won best international engine for displacement category 2.6L ranging from 2.5 to 3L engines.

SAO 6418

Known Member
Jun 11, 2005
Ipoh
wah, start reply saja oledi ppl 'tiong' me liao... not good woh like tis...:thefinger:

Stock wira got vr4 punya meh:confused:

Some mistake regarding d rotary displacement... but have a look wat i found

http://www.myrotarycar.com/portal/forum/forum_posts.asp?tid=16

Aii better shut my mouth liao.... keke:driver: Yahoooo

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Actually, be fair, we need to standard $$$ of mod as well.
Try to make everything standard.
Like PnP done on both engine, etc..:biggrin:

Bump: Actually, be fair, we need to standard $$$ of mod as well.
Try to make everything standard.
Like PnP done on both engine, etc..:biggrin:

Dougster

Known Member
Jul 17, 2004
Kay Elle...
members.cardomain.com
The 13B Renesis or FD3S engine are both classified in the 2.5L V6 category when compared with other engines - a point worth noting.

I'm just saying some small minded person is going to come on this thread read 3 pages and decide that all of us are gay for liking one or the other. It will be the advent of a flame session where tempers will flare.
Yea dude.. i stated that the 13B Renesis is classified as 1.5x it's actual CC... a point already noted :)

If that small minded person comes along then he should be ignored :)

Bump:
Right my bad failed to read the stock portion.

13B rotary engines are only 654cc x 2. But when compared in terms of performance they are considered in the inline 6 and V6 category.

For example, when the Renesis engine was released it won best engine of the year in the 2.5 V6 category stipulated by the commission that grades and awards engines.

I believe that the reason is based on fuel consumption not necessarily based on CC only.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_Wankel_engine

Here is the link to the article. It won best international engine for displacement category 2.6L ranging from 2.5 to 3L engines.
Yup yup... glorious engine it is..

Last edited:

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
K i missed that in your earlier post my bad.. haven't been able to read properly lately :bawling:

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008
any turbo car or v tec car here ???!!
lets challenge up !! End story !!
cheerss !!

azameel

Known Member
Jun 8, 2006
i can tell u
it will never end :driver:
both na and turbo has its pros and cons

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey all sifu..i have a wira 1.5 manual...after i change my brake master pump to a the GSR wan the brakes are less efficien..wat should i do???any idea?izzzit because the pump to big or wat???my current converison is rear disc brake and steel braided barke host...on highway the car cant brake properly...any idea how to overcome???thanks in advance
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience