Mitsubishi Airtrek Turbo 4G63 ENGINE WITH 2JZ PISTONS, CRANKSHAFT 2.2L UPGRADE - Need Advise & Input

• We've been upgrading the site, intermittent down times are expected, if so, please retry in a few minutes, Thanks! - Feb 24 Update: Try 2 Letter Search! / Attachment Image appears full size / Attach more than 10 images
Aug 25, 2010
P.J
Hi ALL SIFU,
I owned a Mitsubishi AIRTREK Turbo 2.0.

I have questions and need a guide. As I planned with my mechanic to rebuild the engine with 2JZ pistons, crankshaft 2.2L, and pistons rod, maybe the rod going to use the PAJERO piston rod.

In addition, I'm installing refurbished TD05HR, EVO 7 Tomei exhaust extractor, camshafts the three taken out from EVO 7 G-TA. Plus, Mishimoto EVO 7 Universal performance intercooler.

Since this is my project car before I proceed with it, can any of you SIFU's comment on this setup? Last and not least, the car still running AUTO.

Thank you,
Eric

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hi ALL SIFU,
I owned a Mitsubishi AIRTREK Turbo 2.0.

I have questions and need a guide. As I planned with my mechanic to rebuild the engine with 2JZ pistons, crankshaft 2.2L, and pistons rod, maybe the rod going to use the PAJERO piston rod.

In addition, I'm installing refurbished TD05HR, EVO 7 Tomei exhaust extractor, camshafts the three taken out from EVO 7 G-TA. Plus, Mishimoto EVO 7 Universal performance intercooler.

Since this is my project car before I proceed with it, can any of you SIFU's comment on this setup? Last and not least, the car still running AUTO.

Thank you,
Eric
Is this recipe your mechanics suggestion or your own? If it's his suggestion then make sure he knows he's doing it and will be willing to warranty it.

Why the GTA camshafts?

For the Mishimoto you can do better imho for that kinda price. Like PWR brand instead.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Should convert to manual, bigger difference in fun factor and acceleration feel than doing all those engine mods you're planning. Many Airtrek owners ended up converting to manual even after doing all kinds of engine mods.

GTA cams are the same with Airtrek, so no need to change to that.

Anyway modding turbo cars all comes down to your target power/performance, and how much budget you are willing to spend, then find a balance between these 2 aspects. If I were you, I'd get Evo 9 turbo instead, also Evo 9 Bypass Valve cuz it's metal (can hold up to 25psi), convert to front mount intercooler, add AEM water/methanol injection.

Btw where do you do your mods?

Reactions: Tom