vtec tapau turbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonz

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2005
I just need your opinion....(so please no heart feeling)
Lately...lots of vtec machine beat turbos in the 300m drag sprint.....dunno what type of turbos and vtecs......the cars are mainly satria/putra VS crx/eg/ef 2dr....most of the time honda wins...what happen with turbos?

ekinomae

Known Member
Oct 17, 2005
Spoonz said:
Lately...lots of vtec machine beat turbos in the 300m drag sprint.....dunno what type of turbos and vtecs......the cars are mainly satria/putra VS crx/eg/ef 2dr....most of the time honda wins...what happen with turbos?
300m? If 400m can Vtec tapau turbo?
Personally, either way can la. Sumtimes VTEC tapau
turbos, sumtimes Turbo tapau Vtec

cheeers

V8_nutter

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
Spoonz said:
Its a norm for Na cars (not only VTEC) to tapao turbo on 300m sprinting. But for 400m sprint it's the other way around (vtec kena tapao pulak), the reason behind this is because of turbo lag but once its start spooling turbo makes power continuously.

ps; pls dont ask this type of silly question again:rolleyes:

ekinomae

Known Member
Oct 17, 2005
agree with V8 Nutter..

100m difference is quite big..

frcgrey

Known Member
Jul 9, 2005
selangor
ekinomae said:
300m? If 400m can Vtec tapau turbo?
Personally, either way can la. Sumtimes VTEC tapau
turbos, sumtimes Turbo tapau Vtec

cheeers
support..... :rock:
depends what kind of turbo...V tec isn't a normal NA engine.
that's 2 types of Vtec engine...normally there called it big V & small V.
the acceleration of Vtec(big V) is very fast and not bad for top speed...
that's a true story in m'sia...a wira 1.6c.c(original) won a nissan skyline 2.5c.c turbo from johore to penang.

bangkai_jk

1,500 RPM
Sep 4, 2005
m
wow... dats really crazy dat wira can win a skyline 2.5t... by da way.. vtec can beat GSR easier but depands on wat engine la.. like B18C-R can.. coz my cousin's eg6 converted to B18C-R n retuning and high cam.. can do da same speed wif 4G63T also..

dev

Known Member
Dec 26, 2003
Pert, Australia
its not impossile 4 a vtec to tapau turbo, spoonz... depending on the mods as well.... im a NA lover... all the way NA... muahhaha.. i know of a car can tapau turbo's in 1/4 mile drag... im refering to this car o ower *0*0 and W** 59.. depending on the driver n his o her launching too. launching also plays a big roll... ... i guess u ppl will know whose that.... ur question is not stupid as sum1 said... v r here to learn.. like me too.. my 2cents :smile: :tee:

Last edited:

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
VTEC = TURBO ... actually VTEC is equal to turbo, and it depends how the tunings are to beat turbo. If you have watched Best Motoring (The NSX & SPOON S2000 version) then u will know what am i telling here.

Its usual for some VTEC's beats TURBO and sometimes TURBO beats VTEC's. Depends on who have bigger power tuned.

Example;
- As mentioned in drag strip for a 400m run, its very impossible for 500ps SPOON S2000 (VTEC) to beat 500ps Lancer EVO 3, 4 or 5. Because timing the take off term, TURBOCHARGER will Win!
- 500ps SPOON S2000 will go 250kmh as same as 500ps Lancer EVO, but SPOON S2000 will take slightly later timing to do that. even tho' both running at same speed maximum S2000 cant over take EVO because, the EVO has already took off faster because of its turbo power.

You might have seen some VTEC's beating TURBO, this may due to not the engine .. but the car itself, most wira, satria or even putra on street tuning runs EVO engine but Front Wheel Drive.. slips during take-off may cut down timing and this makes advantage to VTEC to go a bit more further front, than turbo cars.

Try think generally .. and you will know why. Thats natural ..

Cheers & best regards ...

bangkai_jk

1,500 RPM
Sep 4, 2005
m
yah agree wif sakura.. but one more thing... is torque of turbo car is more higher than NA car.. the everything also can influence wif it.. like weight, tyre, shape of car... anything... correct me if i m wrong.. hehe

Spoonz

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2005
Agree with u sakuraguy.....
I think the turbo lost its position due to the wheelspin...
What about AWD turbo?
Another thing vtec is not a norm NA.
If u watch drag racing, there is a special category for vtec.

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
Spoonz said:
Agree with u sakuraguy.....
I think the turbo lost its position due to the wheelspin...
What about AWD turbo?
Another thing vtec is not a norm NA.
If u watch drag racing, there is a special category for vtec.

Thnx guys ..

Answer on VTEC Versus All Wheel Drive Turbo is impossible. We cant compare VTEC with Turbo cars because of some regulations and affect in performance, unless if we are driving Honda NSX and playing with AWD Skyline GT-R Twin Turbo. If both stock condition, for sure NSX will win, this is due to the drive power is "pushed" (MR - Mid Engine Rear Drive) for NSX and not "pulled" (FR - Front Engine Front Drive). Rathermore .. the NSX engine torque is more higher than Skyline GT-R.

For Forced-Induction category races, as regulation fixes TURBO only can be versed by SUPERCHARGED engines. and VTEC fall under NA (Naturally Aspirated) category unless if u really have those Huge Powered VTEC than can play with Forced-Induction cars.

Supercharged cars for Japan production for example some MR2 models and LEVIN series brings these technology. MR2 (MR Engine) and LEVIN (FR Engine) and LEVIN will produce more wheel-spins at dragstrip unless having proper drag setups which will cost $$$ :)

Turbo Lags are usual .. and Turbo Lags cannot be removed in 100% condition. Cutting down lags will also cost $$$ because of the parts involved. Turbo cars are not advisable in hi-rev's which could cause engine damages in many point of views.

VTEC has been design to be more stable even in higher rev's .. so the engine lasts as normal for "High Revving" foots :)

joe_mivec

Known Member
Jun 29, 2005
PENANG
If VTEC can tapau turbo it is a big issue, but if turbo tapau VTEC people dont' want to know. Actually any engine can beat any other engine, it depend on how many bucks u burn for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.