SMART tunnel sg besi uneven road

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
BS, the Flood mitigation system isn't due ready until August....
kekekeke
typical M'sian management style.

Minivan, do u get caught in the bottle neck after exiting??
Nothing to do with the tunnel though, it's because of M'sia own inefficiency in planning.

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
I drove through it for 1st time last weekend.

For such an expensive project, the road surface really sucks. Very bumpy and uneven. My car is not lowered or anything, stock suspension and all.

The emergency lane is too narrow.

a relative of mine was stuck in the tunner for almost an hour when a car broke down inside the tunnel.

The distance from Sg Besi Airport to Downtown is less than 10km. Its like installing an elevator or escalator inside your double storey terrace house.

I think the toll for this tunnel will be at least RM2.XX

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
exiting smart tunnels in the evenings towards RHB/tun razak is worst the before it opened. why so? i remember trying to head towards KL/KLCC (after 5-6pm) & the traffic normally heads the other way. (most were going home mah). somehow it nightmare now to even think to drive into KL smoothly. it worst when it rains.

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
Try Friday....
I wonder why the worst jam is on Friday as compared to other normal working days.
Every Friday I looked down from my office windows; and I just say fuck it!
Doesn't see me swearing on normal days though.....

Yeah I heard that the traffic is worst because you still haven't the need to pay tol yet.

I got a stupid thinking which is also built into my principle. Why pay tol when U know that u're going to get stuck at a very bad jam on the other side's exit. Why not I just jam all the way over??.....
hhhhmmmmmmmmm...............

davidv00

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2006
Selangor
although i haven't got chance to travel this new SMART tunnel link, but from the perspective of objective this construction being built is meant for 2 purposes: better traffic and lesser flood (in plain English term i hope).

if traffic not going to be better at least this tunnel must serve the reducing flood purpose, otherwise what is the point for spending? might as well build another flyover overhead highway right?

let's see if the flood prevention function soon... now the monsoon season is back, hopefully it is built as its purpose.

2 cents in the tunnel

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
Minivan, do u get caught in the bottle neck after exiting??
Nothing to do with the tunnel though, it's because of M'sia own inefficiency in planning.
yes i know about the bottle neck at the end. Been there, done that....

But be realistic.... there is nothing in the world that can totally eliminate traffic bottle necks. How freeflow do you expect a certain route to be? Theres bound to be somewhere where a lot of cars meet for some reason right? What do you want? A freeflow highway all the way from your house to the office? Even then there will be a bottle neck when people wanna enter the parking....

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
Just to add... the bottle neck is far better than the usual bumper to bumper crawl from technology park right after the sg. besi toll...

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
agreed agreed; I'm just stressing on the inefficiency in planning or is it M'sian driver's attitude of always rushing to be the first and can't queue properly?!....
hhhhhhhhmmmmm..........

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
those who cut queue at the last end normally didnt realise that when they cut in back at front end the jam will be more serious coz everybody have to stop to give way to them.

i wish, malaysians will realise that ppl who cut queues are no more equal to road bullies. full of bulls

lets switch to bikes...

tonytony

Known Member
Apr 11, 2004
yesterday KL was flooded. anyone knows if the SMART tunnel was effective ??? that should have been a good test for the billions invested

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
lets switch to bikes...
Nowadays, I only drive when I really have to.

Most of the time, I ride.

I save hundreds a month on petrol & toll to pay my bank mortages.

My 2.0 Corona, 20 litres = 180++ km

My 850 Kancil, 20 litres = 300++km

My 100cc Kriss, 6 litres = 140++km

Smart tunnel does'nt seem to be that Smart, more like SMUT

SAY NO TO PROTON

SAY NO TO TOLL HIWAYS

SAY NO TO SMUT TUNNELS

Lennon

1,000 RPM
Apr 11, 2005
I uses SMART tunnel last Saturday........ I think the bumpiness is acceptable....... Using Bilstein suspension cruising at 80km......

On another issue, PLUS wanna buy Elite and Second link highway for 860mil..... So who say highway company are losing money???

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
I uses SMART tunnel last Saturday........ I think the bumpiness is acceptable....... Using Bilstein suspension cruising at 80km......

On another issue, PLUS wanna buy Elite and Second link highway for 860mil..... So who say highway company are losing money???
Who said??of coz the 'G' la..that finding tons of reason that wanna to increase our toll money ma..who else..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

good day,

its alredi been a month since i last post and now finally i got a opportunity to detail a F10. my heart always urge when comes to detailing, this is why i always wanted to get my bare hands to restore it to satisfied myself. sounds like a dog craving for bone, or a cat craving for fish but for me, im craving satisfaction. i got his call in the morning and drove down to the city to meet him. since he is a busy man, i offer him to let me take his car back and send it back to him...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience