Smart Tag 50% discount, shall we buy or not to?

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Source:http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2007/6/15/nation/18030416&sec=nation

RM50 for Smart Tag offer
By SARBAN SINGH
SEREMBAN: The Smart TAG transponder will cost only RM50 for the next three months in conjunction with the 50th Merdeka Day celebrations.
The normal price for a unit is RM100.

The price for a Touch ‘n Go card will also be halved to RM5 during this period.
Works Minister Datuk Seri S. Samy Vellu said the Government, in collaboration with the 22 toll concessionaires and Rangkaian Segar Sdn Bhd, had agreed to offer the package to encourage more motorists to go electronic.

He said 30,000 Smart TAGs and 150,000 Touch ‘n Go cards would be offered.
“However, each motorist will only be allowed to buy one set,” he said, adding that it was a good time to buy the gadget which cost RM240 when it was introduced.
Motorists will now pay RM65 for a set, which will include RM10 prepaid credit.

Samy Vellu said the campaign would be held in stages with 2,000 Smart TAGs and 10,000 Touch ‘n Go cards up for sale in June and July respectively.

In June, the items will be on sale from Mondays to Fridays at the Rawang, Sungai Buloh, Kota Damansara, Jalan Duta and Sungai Besi toll plazas.
Motorists will be able to get them at the Penang Bridge, Elite Expressway and Linkedua in Johor next month.

In August, the items will be available at all toll plazas.
Samy Vellu said that at present, only 40% of motorists passing through toll plazas use the electronic system.

At the Penang Bridge, about 60% of motorists use the facility.
He urged motorists to grab the offer as the Smart TAG lanes could process 900 transactions an hour compared with 240 at the manual lanes.

“Also, the same system would form the basis for the gantry system which we hope to introduce soon,” he told reporters after opening PLUS’ northbound R&R area on the North-South Expressway near here.
Under the gantry system, motorists need not stop to pay toll at the booths. Deductions would be made automatically from their prepaid toll cards, almost similar to the present Smart TAG system.
Newer systems may make available soon. Does the SMART Tag sales indicate stock clearance before the systems get replaced?

Cow

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Visit site
i actually feel that the smart tag is a good thing to have. especially when you so happen to use the highways during holidays.

omg have you seen the jam at tolls during the holidays? and when you see the clear smart tag lane, it's like nirvana

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
i actually feel that the smart tag is a good thing to have. especially when you so happen to use the highways during holidays.

omg have you seen the jam at tolls during the holidays? and when you see the clear smart tag lane, it's like nirvana
i saw a merz zoom straight into the bar,i guess he is too busy talking over the phone and assuming the smart tag work relatively well!:_:

keithkeat

3,000 RPM
Jan 6, 2005
kapateS
Samy Vellu said the campaign would be held in stages with 2,000 Smart TAGs and 10,000 Touch ‘n Go cards up for sale in June and July respectively.

In June, the items will be on sale from Mondays to Fridays at the Rawang, Sungai Buloh, Kota Damansara, Jalan Duta and Sungai Besi toll plazas.
Motorists will be able to get them at the Penang Bridge, Elite Expressway and Linkedua in Johor next month.

zzzzzzz.......encourage ppl buy, but only available at those area for june

and i just call the line, KNN CB, the girl say is every mth there is limited stock, and u need to purchase a package also which is card & tag together.......

fcuk it samy.......

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's

ah ngau.. i think it depends one.. actually a few times i go back to PG... the smart tag & t&g lane was miles longer than the cash lane.. lol...

but in city center, of course .. most of the time, smart tag's faster... only start to Q when one user's tag cannot scan..

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's

zzzzzzz.......encourage ppl buy, but only available at those area for june

and i just call the line, KNN CB, the girl say is every mth there is limited stock, and u need to purchase a package also which is card & tag together.......

fcuk it samy.......
tatz the thing.. buang masa... can't they just fucking sell the smarttag only.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
i'm just worry that the new system is not compatible with SMART TAG.
It happen to my, I used to be "Fast Trek" Tag owner, buy 2 some more. 1 order from government, all my tags become useless.

Basil Basil

Known Member
Jul 19, 2006
i got mine too about 100 plus then use dunno bout 1 year the screen suppose to show how much i have spoil......puki ayam...........spend so much screen also can spoil.......this sammy really know to make $$ by taking eletronic things fr china.........pundek........

but i got to say the system is not as good coz must slow down for scan process stupid lar.....singapore ERP work as fast as flash.......cant they just adopt such system........or make the scan futher away from the bar.......haiz but really i got agree wit some of u when it comes to massive JAM is really make me wan to "pui nua" spit...........can wait for 30min just to pass the bloody toll..............

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
i'm just worry that the new system is not compatible with SMART TAG.
It happen to my, I used to be "Fast Trek" Tag owner, buy 2 some more. 1 order from government, all my tags become useless.
didn't u return back for refund of your deposit?

i returned my Plustag and fast trek tag when they discontinued it.... and got my deposit and remaining amount inside.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Ju, yes, I did, but the refund not enough to cover the price of the tag.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi there, I baught this APM adj. for Integra

here's the specs for the coil springs:

FRONT 250/50 (around 3 fingers tyre to fender)
[attachmentid=43915]

REAR 250/40 (around 3.5 fingers tyre to fender)
[attachmentid=43916]

currently on 205/40/17.

is the above setup (coil springs) is recommended? i found out when hitting uneven road around 90-100km/h there's a loud "bummmmp" sound at the front. I suspect the coil springs gap on each...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience