SMART tunnel sg besi uneven road

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
not cup la bro, bringing water cooler, got cover one...nothing wil spill out but everything will get shaken, so in the end, Milo SMART Shake come out
Nice Idea also..can propose to open a mamak stall there...hahahaha...
Sure got a lot of customer...

Oinks

Nov 24, 2004
KL
www.allhomepage.com
After reading the 1st three pages of this topic. i cant help but to comment on the SMART tunnel as well. For malaysians you guys sure aren't proud of what your country has to offer. the SMART might be an overly expensive project but it serves as a storm drainage system tat will save ur ass n my ass if there is a flood and also a highway. and to think tat we malaysias are capable of such a superstructure is glamarous enuff and u guys arent even proud? its managed by GAMUDA which is a totally local company. i'm not sure bout u guys but putting aside my stereotypical view of the goverment i think tis is an absolutely great project although overly expensive.

and... u guys must have been not reading the papers or skipping your discovery channel... coz the drainage itself is at the lowest tier of the tunnel and not the 2 tier where cars are. the top two tiers are only utilised at the most extreme cases. other than that the lowest tier which is the drainage system will only be utilised. the floodgates for 1st two tiers are shut.

and the fans... are not to blow wind...i was laughing when i read one of the comments. the fans functions to 'blow out' the carbon monoxide which is produced by ur car eksos...if the fans arent present u'll all die inside.

anyway... put ur biasness aside n see the glory of the SMART tunnel for the glamarous superstructure that it is... i'm sure engineering ppl will see another side of its beauty =)

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Once u have drive a lowered thus hard absorber car with big rim and low profile tyre at that so called as SMART h'way....U will know what is called as beauty...hahahahaha....
At that time, u will start like us...complaint!!!
just my opinion...not harming u...

Last edited:

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
I do agree that it's an amazing engineering structure with the new way of burrowing tunnels.
bravo!....
I think I'm more concern bout the safety....
it's like a particular building can have the highest technology or greatest architecture design; but when it's not safe, would you still admire it with an awe?
Than regarding the concrete surface...; is there really no other alternative? because seriously speaking, a lot of ppl is complaining.

Oinks

Nov 24, 2004
KL
www.allhomepage.com
again putting our goverment aside...

i'm sure the people behind the project have to go through alot of regulatory bodies both local and international to get the plans approved. and i'm sure using cement was one of consideration and it is choosen cause it overweights other alternatives. although i know local regulatory bodies aren't really up to standard or alot of hidden agenda is present but project this size would have employed consultants from reknown firms worldwide.

n i've noticed from the using SMART that alot of exit has also been inplaced. so no scene from DAYLIGHT shall be repeated...besides SMART isnt under the sea bed =)

and the safety element. tis i got to admit our beloved country lacks. since the approval for most project don't seem to put safety as an important element. but oh well so far SMART looks pretty alrite to me.

Oinks

Nov 24, 2004
KL
www.allhomepage.com
hi

mag9556:

like u said...lowered...harder...suspension... =)

guess there is a proven theory behind sacrifising ride comfort for better handling =)

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
indeed the tunnel burrowing and design technologies are for us to applaud.
the down part is the ppl behind the scenes....
than there would be question marks I think for a lot of M'sian....(I know I'm one of them)
would it really work in the event of flash flood??
ahaha.....can't blame M'sian to be so skeptical. Most of the time, our mentality is guilty until proven innocence unlike the law which said the other way round.

Than again, I don't like M'sia planning on road diversions and planning. A lot of exits seems ridiculous. Personal opinion.

escaflowne

1,000 RPM
May 4, 2004
Visit site
oh well...in engineering prespective, yes it is indeed a nicely build tunnel.
Simen floor is light and u dun wan a smooth simen floor to let you slide all the way out the tunnel...it is an engineering concern.
fan yup is for the ventilation and i do see alot of escape exit for the tunnel which is pretty good. So far i use it everyday coz it is free and it seems alrite for me.Put aside the dirty shit behind..

the only let down of this tunnel is.....

damn it,there is still bottle neck after the toll exit and it makes sg besi and tun razak more jam..

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
After reading the 1st three pages of this topic. i cant help but to comment on the SMART tunnel as well. For malaysians you guys sure aren't proud of what your country has to offer. the SMART might be an overly expensive project but it serves as a storm drainage system tat will save ur ass n my ass if there is a flood and also a highway. and to think tat we malaysias are capable of such a superstructure is glamarous enuff and u guys arent even proud? its managed by GAMUDA which is a totally local company. i'm not sure bout u guys but putting aside my stereotypical view of the goverment i think tis is an absolutely great project although overly expensive.
Yes, agree. Let's shout it loud, MALAYSIA BOLEH!

btw, do you know Mott MacDonald and SSP Consulting? Try to do a google search on what project they just finish recently. :biggrin:

Last edited:

John_Smith

Known Member
Mar 14, 2005
USJ
Visit site
Anyone have any idea how much the toll is gonna be?

And, oh btw, i think it is only a matter of time before mat rempits start using them. i wonder how's the enforcement like in the tunnel.

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
What a bunch of whiners and complainers!! This is what Malaysians are starting to be good at. I know theres alot to complain about when it comes to Bolehland (trust me, i have my own long list), but the Smart longkang deserves better...

Yes it not as smooth as you'd like it to be, but as already discussed, its for safety... not your expensive ultra-lowered, hard-soft, hi-lo, adjustable low profile tyres ride. Its good enough. In my stock car.. no complaints.. in my lowered one, yes bumpy, but not enough to curse the living daylights out of the G...

I've been working smack in the middle of KL for a good 5 years now since graduating. I NEVER take the Sg. besi airport route into Jalan Istana, eventhough its the nearest route for me AND i always have to leave home at 645am. Since the SMART tunnel opened, I leave home at 715-730 now (allowing me to get a bite to eat with my wife and kids, eventhough its just cereal...) use the Sg. besi airport route to Jalan Istana everyday now since its opened. I save on NPE toll to Bangsar (old route) and i save on fuel, because its no longer jammed up!!!

I don't know whats gonna happen once the tolls are imposed, but for the time being i very much welcome the SMART longkang, and i'm sure many more people do to....

One more thing to add.... the tunnel can't be straight and yes has some blind corners. They wanted it to be straight. But, Malaysian land laws say you own even the land below you (not like some other countries). So if they wanted to make it straight, they would have to make some kind of deal with land onwers, which would have costed them double or triple or something like that.... so in the end, they followed the old road route... And thats why they say don't speed. And no motorcycles allowed. There are signs there...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Yesterday evening, Volkswagen Passengers Cars Malaysia (VPCM), a subsidiary of Volkswagen Group Malaysia (VGM), launched the all-new Volkswagen CC at the Kuala Lumpur Performing Arts Centre (KLPAC). The CC touts to carry an evolutionary design, with better dynamic performance, handling, innovative driver assist innovations and uncompromised active and passive safety...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience