• Replies 120
  • Views 25K

midship

2,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Jul 22, 2004
Across the pond
www.nismo.com.my
Originally posted by glee+Sep 8 2004, 06:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (glee @ Sep 8 2004, 06:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BLaCkHoWLiNG@Sep 8 2004, 06:02 PM
did d previous battles had cash prizes for the winners?
current drag battles.. RM500 for 1st in class, 400 for 2nd, 300 for 3rd.

RM1000 for champion at the end of 6 rounds.

AMF is offering a total of RM40,000 for 1 race in oct 16, and they have 1 more race in december 12. [/b][/quote]
what does amf do for drag battle? i thought it was organized by sic themselves?

Eevolution3

Known Member
Aug 15, 2004
I agree to demo's comment.. the cars that we have here will continue to progress and with cars like demolution ,vis works and the rest going into radical setups, its a matter of time when times will drop..
Dun forget E.T is an indication of how well the car is hooking up on launch and if you can get your 60 ft times down.. the E.T is going to be better..
Its ok that we have competition from neighbouring countries as their setup is after all very well planned..
THat should inspire us to work harder to get those times..
However, saying that Jap companies chop people on Japanese parts is also not true la.. we must understand that cost of overheads in Japan is extremely high and with parts like these, they have to make a substantial amount to continue to survive and develop newer parts..after all, they dun really sell lots of it..
In U.S , there is substantial volume and racing being such a big thing over there, the volume turnover will continue to make parts cheap regardless of the exchange rate la..
After all, I buy most of my parts from them too..Heh heh.. :D

pendixs

Known Member
Jul 2, 2004
kl
Visit site
:D 2nd on Open Cat Wira 4wd..just based on Vr4 engine..
we're glad to get into Final and manage to clocked 11.19 ...that was 1st time we entered Sepang Drag..

wira4

Jan 5, 2004
Originally posted by demoIII@Sep 9 2004, 11:27 AM
Mr Nismo,
I guess you are quite supportive of the thais and the singaporeans. I think building a car is not simple, but with the help of big giants like HKS, its more possible to achieve betta time slips. As for vinkelvin and me, our car has been done up with advise from buschuracing (USA). For a virgin run in sepang, i guess we are quite good and u should give more support as a zthian. Not many cars in Malaysia can fall into our time slip, only viswork's satria. Americans work economically while japanese chops ppl. Do you have a car participating?

Mr evolution3,
The car chould be only about 480-500bhp only.

Cheers :)
demoIII,
Are you guys still using factory 4wd gearbox? What boost were you running?

Thanks. :D

wira4

Jan 5, 2004
Originally posted by pendixs@Sep 9 2004, 02:53 PM
:D 2nd on Open Cat Wira 4wd..just based on Vr4 engine..
we're glad to get into Final and manage to clocked 11.19 ...that was 1st time we entered Sepang Drag..
What happened to your car in the Final of Round 3? There is no time recorded on Dragbattle website Summary page except that of Garage R Evo 6 alone?

pendixs

Known Member
Jul 2, 2004
kl
Visit site
wira4,

that's not ma car..that's ma mech car..at the Dragbattle website it quoted that Wira as J (could be jump start)..dunno or the sensor could not take the time.. :D

wat ever happen that nite we all happy coz we're beaten by an Evo 6 (so damn fast this car)..we managed to gun down Red Sun Gtr..Singapore Evo 7..these car's are big boys even no one ever care about us that nite...hhihih..thats okay..

we've show our capability..see ya next round.. :D

MrNismo

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Originally posted by demoIII@Sep 9 2004, 11:27 AM
Mr Nismo,
I guess you are quite supportive of the thais and the singaporeans. I think building a car is not simple, but with the help of big giants like HKS, its more possible to achieve betta time slips. As for vinkelvin and me, our car has been done up with advise from buschuracing (USA). For a virgin run in sepang, i guess we are quite good and u should give more support as a zthian. Not many cars in Malaysia can fall into our time slip, only viswork's satria. Americans work economically while japanese chops ppl. Do you have a car participating?

Mr evolution3,

Cheers :)
Demo,
Don't get me wrong, I'm not on anyone's side and against anyone. I'm quite impressed of the result that your car did, and will always be supportive with the Malaysian legal drag scene. I just stated that we should learn more from our neighbouring countries, while getting rid of the 'big headed' attitude that some of us has, be humble, learn, and accept that there are people better than us while not spreading untrue rumours around. Give people some compliments for their achievements, why deny people's effort? I do have a few cars, but they are not setup for drag racing, neither do I want to waste your time to participate in the event LOL... :P

Malaysia already has a few cars dropping into the high 10's, it's not only Vis Satria and you... <_<

wira4

Jan 5, 2004
Originally posted by MrNismo+Sep 9 2004, 04:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MrNismo @ Sep 9 2004, 04:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-demoIII@Sep 9 2004, 11:27 AM
Mr Nismo,
I guess you are quite supportive of the thais and the singaporeans.  I think building a car is not simple, but with the help of big giants like HKS, its more possible to achieve betta time slips.  As for vinkelvin and me, our car has been done up with advise from buschuracing (USA).  For a virgin run in sepang, i guess we are quite good and u should give more support as a zthian.  Not many cars in Malaysia can fall into our time slip, only viswork's satria.  Americans work economically while japanese chops ppl.  Do you have a car participating?

Mr evolution3,

Cheers  :)
Demo,
Don't get me wrong, I'm not on anyone's side and against anyone. I'm quite impressed of the result that your car did, and will always be supportive with the Malaysian legal drag scene. I just stated that we should learn more from our neighbouring countries, while getting rid of the 'big headed' attitude that some of us has, be humble, learn, and accept that there are people better than us while not spreading untrue rumours around. Give people some compliments for their achievements, why deny people's effort? I do have a few cars, but they are not setup for drag racing, neither do I want to waste your time to participate in the event LOL... :P

Malaysia already has a few cars dropping into the high 10's, it's not only Vis Satria and you... <_< [/b][/quote]
Wish I could learn something about the engine if Singaporean's Garage R Evo 6 opened up their bonnet and let people take some nice shots/video. :P

By the way, do they have a website?

demoIII

Jul 31, 2004
Mr Nismo,
I know what u mean... and for your information, I did not deny their achievements... I just chatting only... Guess u have got the wrong impression...

Wira4,
Yup, I am still using a factory gear box... Car is boosting at 2bar... Why?

wira4

Jan 5, 2004
Originally posted by demoIII@Sep 9 2004, 05:15 PM
Mr Nismo,
I know what u mean... and for your information, I did not deny their achievements... I just chatting only... Guess u have got the wrong impression...

Wira4,
Yup, I am still using a factory gear box... Car is boosting at 2bar... Why?
Boost at 2 bar. wow, must be pretty big turbo and thick intercooler. Good time slip there. :rolleyes:

wira4

Jan 5, 2004
Mr.Nismo,
Too bad the pics are too dark. What size turbo was it using?

MrNismo

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Originally posted by wira4@Sep 9 2004, 05:22 PM
Mr.Nismo,
Too bad the pics are too dark. What size turbo was it using?
HKS GT3540. Special trim hehe...

demoIII

Jul 31, 2004
wira 4,

Thanks for your support... In the next race, the car will have a zth sticker at the 2 sides...

Mr Nismo,

It looks like u know alot about lester's car... are u from singapore?

vinkelvin

Aug 7, 2004
Wow!! GT3540 turbine, huge ah!! :blink: as big as ur mouth. :lol: fantastic leh!!! :P

Eevolution3

Known Member
Aug 15, 2004
Were any of you guys running any form of launch control that night? DemoIII? Wira4? :D

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
just out of curiousity...i see that the Red EVO uses that HKS racing SSQV...
i heard they cant really hold or last that long if u run high boost + big turbine...

anybody has any comments?

MrNismo

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
GT3540 not big enough, TO4R bigger, as big as your nose hole LOL :P

Hi Demo,
Bro I wasn't referring to you but someone else... I mean, be more gentleman mah, imagine if things come around, and someone saying that your car is built by US and tuned by Americans and things like that, while you guys have spend so many time and effort on the car, what will you feel? Btw, I'm from KL, but I do visit Lester quite often.

Sorry Tom for screwing up your feature topic.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

I own satria neo 2006, my coolant leaked at the upper part of the radiator (fibre/plastic) area only.
Right now, I'm just sealed it with silicone sealant as temporarily action. I've surveyed 5-6 workshops. Each mechanics told me different story and give several options.

Mechanic 1,2: Change the upper part only because my ori radiator is still in good condition, & he said taiwan/local made radiator are thin and he advice me to avoid using local/taiwan made. If want new, buy ori...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience