Sepang Drag Battle September 2004

Eevolution3

Known Member
Aug 15, 2004
Thats the bloody problem, the organizer doesn't record the 60 ft time and if i'm not wrong, there are no sensors placed at the 60 ft mark therefore, no readings... guess its an optional thing for their timing equipment..

Garage G Force is the only tuning house in Japan which has broken the 9 sec barrier with their 9.765 black evo 3 running a GT3540 as well as their current NOS equipped 750 ps Evo 6 also running a GT3540 turbocharger.. both on HKS F Con V Pro setup.. however, its running a JUN 2.2 litre stroker kit..not 2 litre..to have Garage R running such a time here its bloody damn good I'd say.. wonde

However, it seems that they are running different boost on different gears especially on the first three gears for better traction off the line...

wira4

Jan 5, 2004
Originally posted by Eevolution3@Sep 13 2004, 01:07 PM
However, it seems that they are running different boost on different gears especially on the first three gears for better traction off the line...
Wonder if HKS has a product for boost control which is adjustable according to the gear position(not by G-force sensing method). Otherwise, in normal circumstance, boost does vary between gears due to different gearing ratio in different gears.But that is another matter.

Eevolution3

Known Member
Aug 15, 2004
If I may recall, yes, through an interface using a thumb switch specific boost can be selected through each gear.. still a manual mode though..
But if the setup is external gate for boost control, provided feedback is given back to the ecu to control boost, same amount of boost is achievable in each gear...but then again the only time gear dependent boost selection is needed is mostly on FWD drag cars other than of course the G Force car.. there were running like 1.2 on 1st, 1.5 on 2nd and 2.2 on 3rd and so on...

MrNismo

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
The HKS EVC Pro does provide adjustment according to rpm, throttle, and speed. But not gear specific. However it can be applied to minimize wheelspin during launching or lower gears.

Eevolution, my prostart is triggered by only a switch that is connected to the front panel of the V Pro, no external devices. By the optional selectable module, I suppose you mean the mixture control device that HKS has in it's catalogue?

wira4

Jan 5, 2004
Originally posted by Eevolution3@Sep 13 2004, 04:57 PM
If I may recall, yes, through an interface using a thumb switch specific boost can be selected through each gear.. still a manual mode though..
But if the setup is external gate for boost control, provided feedback is given back to the ecu to control boost, same amount of boost is achievable in each gear...but then again the only time gear dependent boost selection is needed is mostly on FWD drag cars other than of course the G Force car.. there were running like 1.2 on 1st, 1.5 on 2nd and 2.2 on 3rd and so on...
Interesting. There are only two maps on Haltech which I can switch in between with a switch. Wish I could have a third map so that I will have a different boost from third gear onwards. Perhaps the E11 model has more. For RM5000 on the e6x, you can have so many things to play with on one single ecu. I am not selling Haltech ecus, by the way.:D

wira4

Jan 5, 2004
Originally posted by MrNismo@Sep 13 2004, 05:13 PM
The HKS EVC Pro does provide adjustment according to rpm, throttle, and speed. But not gear specific. However it can be applied to minimize wheelspin during launching or lower gears.

Eevolution, my prostart is triggered by only a switch that is connected to the front panel of the V Pro, no external devices. By the optional selectable module, I suppose you mean the mixture control device that HKS has in it's catalogue?
Mr.Nismo,

If HKS has a module that deals with gear change via switches, I would be interested to know how to install a switch that can be turned on/off via gear changes instead of using one's thumb.

Eevolution3

Known Member
Aug 15, 2004
Mr Nismo. there is a external device ( cubed shaped with a rotating dial with numbers on it , yes the mixture device). I know cause I had a V Pro tuned by Koyama from Jun. Was told by Koyama that each number on the dial corresponds to a certain launch rpm. Yes there is a switch to kick the Pro Start but also this module that allows selectable launch rpm..check with Lester la..maybe I'm wrong cause it says mixture but really is for the launch control
Hahaha..yea I know you're not a Haltech dealer.. I'm no HKS nor Autronic dealer as well but like yourself do own an ecu like that.. THe SM2 model of the Autronic supports different boost in different gear via a switch that is located in the shifter mechanism...I have never seen one but was told by my tuner in Australia that there;s one like that..will let u know as soon as I found out more.. :lol:

calvin tong

1,000 RPM
May 27, 2004
kuala lumpur
www.ultraracing.com.my
Originally posted by pendixs@Sep 9 2004, 03:59 PM
wira4,

that's not ma car..that's ma mech car..at the Dragbattle website it quoted that Wira as J (could be jump start)..dunno or the sensor could not take the time.. :D

wat ever happen that nite we all happy coz we're beaten by an Evo 6 (so damn fast this car)..we managed to gun down Red Sun Gtr..Singapore Evo 7..these car's are big boys even no one ever care about us that nite...hhihih..thats okay..

we've show our capability..see ya next round.. :D
i also went there that nite and support that wira vr4..... haha....
well done... hanky...

wira4

Jan 5, 2004
Originally posted by Eevolution3@Sep 13 2004, 06:44 PM
Mr Nismo. there is a external device ( cubed shaped with a rotating dial with numbers on it , yes the mixture device). I know cause I had a V Pro tuned by Koyama from Jun. Was told by Koyama that each number on the dial corresponds to a certain launch rpm. Yes there is a switch to kick the Pro Start but also this module that allows selectable launch rpm..check with Lester la..maybe I'm wrong cause it says mixture but really is for the launch control
Hahaha..yea I know you're not a Haltech dealer.. I'm no HKS nor Autronic dealer as well but like yourself do own an ecu like that.. THe SM2 model of the Autronic supports different boost in different gear via a switch that is located in the shifter mechanism...I have never seen one but was told by my tuner in Australia that there;s one like that..will let u know as soon as I found out more.. :lol:
Eevolution3,

If you can, please ask your Autronics tuner in Austrlia whether they sell any external 5 bar MAP sensor. Need it to go for 4 Bars of boost to take on Evo 6 Garage R. hehehe :P

seven

Dec 3, 2003
Hi Guys,
We must also not forget that these timings are not inclusive of the tarmac at Sepang and other drag strips. Wat I understand and learn from a regular guy that has been hitting low 9's to high 8's in his Silvia in Australia, is that their drag strip is solely used for drag racing, and before any drag events, a fine spray of "sticky" substance will be distributed onto the tarmac. That's why you see a huge lorry with a canister going thru the strip first. And if you place you hands on the tarmac after that, you'd have difficultly pulling back. That's when you'll see the rwd cars hitting faster timings then the 4wd's. And that's where all the hoosier and m/t tires can be fully utilised. That's when you'll start seeing lots of wheel stands, and wheelie bars.

wira4

Jan 5, 2004
Originally posted by seven@Sep 14 2004, 11:07 AM
Hi Guys,
We must also not forget that these timings are not inclusive of the tarmac at Sepang and other drag strips. Wat I understand and learn from a regular guy that has been hitting low 9's to high 8's in his Silvia in Australia, is that their drag strip is solely used for drag racing, and before any drag events, a fine spray of "sticky" substance will be distributed onto the tarmac. That's why you see a huge lorry with a canister going thru the strip first. And if you place you hands on the tarmac after that, you'd have difficultly pulling back. That's when you'll see the rwd cars hitting faster timings then the 4wd's. And that's where all the hoosier and m/t tires can be fully utilised. That's when you'll start seeing lots of wheel stands, and wheelie bars.
So, when we hit 9 seconds 1/4m timeslips in Sepang, we should be able to go deep into 8 sec 1/4m on Australia drag strips if the drive train does not break and engine does not bog down. The same goes for all classes and speeds achieved thus far at Sepang.:D

seven

Dec 3, 2003
True. These are some of the problems the drag cars face in the actual drag strips. Transmission problem and extra load on engine. But from wat I see, some of the local guys are using ford 9" differential's and thicker drive shafts, which should be adequate for a drag strip tarmac. I understand the guys from thailand have their drags on normal tarmac also, and there was this particular 9sec car from US that went there to compete. But came out only 11+sec. How bout the Jun Hyper Lemon car? When Mr Koyama went down to PG to perform? The car was going sideways. They even brought the car down to s'pore's carpark sprint and it was going sideways instead of straight. But nonetheless, with those timings we are achieveing in sepang, we can well hit in the low 9's or 8's with a proper drag strip and transmission.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I hope sifus out there can help me to guide how to install toyota ficd with my 4g93.My engine have idling problem especially when turn on the aircond.RPM will drop around 500.And sometimes my engine will stall.I hope sifus can guide me.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience