Sepang Drag Battle September 2004

wira4

Jan 5, 2004
Originally posted by MrNismo+Sep 9 2004, 05:29 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MrNismo @ Sep 9 2004, 05:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-wira4@Sep 9 2004, 05:22 PM
Mr.Nismo,
Too bad the pics are too dark. What size turbo was it using?
HKS GT3540. Special trim hehe... [/b][/quote]
Hm...?Going into low 10 sec with a GT3540 special trim is incredible. I can't imagine going into high 9 sec with the same turbo. I am more inclined to think it is at least a T04R this time.

In any case, I am a little concerned about the HKS air filter as I heard people saying that green colour filter cloth can get sucked into the turbo at high boost. I wonder if Garage R removed the air filter before they went out to do the runs on the strip. :)

wira4

Jan 5, 2004
Originally posted by BLaCkHoWLiNG@Sep 9 2004, 11:59 PM
just out of curiousity...i see that the Red EVO uses that HKS racing SSQV...
i heard they cant really hold or last that long if u run high boost + big turbine...

anybody has any comments?
My friend has one too but he has to remove the recirculation adapter(for those cars that need to recirculate blow off back into the system before the turbo) in order to increase its discharge to the open atmo. I heard it should be good for 2 Bars.

In any case, install another one lah if you have to go above 2 bars as a safe insurance for your turbo. :)

Eevolution3

Known Member
Aug 15, 2004
I would think that the SSQV is one of the better valves around if leakage is a concern on very high boost. The billet aluminium valve on the Type 2 goes good for up to 3 bar. I have seen the normal SSQV go up to 2.5 bar with no leakage at all. This is due to its pull design on its release valve rather than the conventional piston type poppet valve on the other brands..
However, pressure release is limited on the SSQV although the Type 2 has more pressure release capability due to its larger surface area discharge.. :D

MrNismo

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Originally posted by wira4+Sep 10 2004, 09:03 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (wira4 @ Sep 10 2004, 09:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by MrNismo@Sep 9 2004, 05:29 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-wira4
@Sep 9 2004, 05:22 PM
Mr.Nismo,
Too bad the pics are too dark. What size turbo was it using?

HKS GT3540. Special trim hehe...
Hm...?Going into low 10 sec with a GT3540 special trim is incredible. I can't imagine going into high 9 sec with the same turbo. I am more inclined to think it is at least a T04R this time.

In any case, I am a little concerned about the HKS air filter as I heard people saying that green colour filter cloth can get sucked into the turbo at high boost. I wonder if Garage R removed the air filter before they went out to do the runs on the strip. :) [/b][/quote]
Wira4,

From the pics last time round they seemed to run with the filter there. This time round it's removed. Btw the last round during May they did a best time of 10.34 carrying the air-cond. :ph34r:

The car seemed to launch very well with the HKS prostart. It jumps off the line very quickly. I think the 60-foot time would be incredible to do a high 9s. Not sure how much boost they're running on the GT3540 though with the 'special fuel' hehe...

Guys what do you think of the Trust R-type BOV with the stiffened spring? From past comments they seemed to hold and vent quite well on high boost.

tkk

1,000 RPM
Jan 7, 2004
hi,

is any one saw the semifinal of classB for Cefiro n Rx7? who is the winner? cause i saw the cefiro is leading for the whole starting to end. but when go to final is not a Cefiro?

can any one share with me on this? as i saw the time which is different by 0.07 sec cefiro time n Rx7...

thank you mate..

MrNismo

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Difference of 0.07 sec is ET (Elapsed Time). The Cefiro launched faster than the RX7 (might be half a second faster), that's why he reached the finishing line first. RX7 takes shorter time to cover 1/4 mile (0.07sec faster), and if qualification is judged on ET, RX7 qualifies. If judged on ET+RT (reaction time), Cefiro qualifies.

Eevolution3

Known Member
Aug 15, 2004
THe type R or the type S is ok with the stiff spring...Have seen it hold over 2 bar without bleeding off on the dyno..Of course venting is excellent with such a large discharge area but not sensitive to light throttle inputs..

wira4

Jan 5, 2004
Mr.Nismo,
Any difference from the way others exsecuting launch control such as on Motec, Autronics, microtech, haltech, etc?

Eevolution3

Known Member
Aug 15, 2004
Hope you dun mind me answering that..
The Pro start uses an external module connected to the F Con V on which launch rpm is selectable in 200 rpm increments depending on the selected working range rpm.. the additional beauty of this is that fuel is automatically added during the activation of the throttle if the computer sees that the mixture is leaning during the launch sequence..
The Autronic SMC and SM2 has this feature thru use of its anti-lag chip but of course the SM2 being the more advanced ecu has all of what the F Con V Pro has except that there is no fuel enrichment function. When the throttle is held open to activate the launch, the EGT temperatures spikes up with the disadvantage is that the throttle cannot be held open too long or else you will have a meltdown on the turbine wheel..
Same goes for the Haltech. Not sure on the Microtech...but they are pretty close in the functions and setup..

tkk

1,000 RPM
Jan 7, 2004
Originally posted by MrNismo@Sep 10 2004, 03:09 PM
Difference of 0.07 sec is ET (Elapsed Time). The Cefiro launched faster than the RX7 (might be half a second faster), that's why he reached the finishing line first. RX7 takes shorter time to cover 1/4 mile (0.07sec faster), and if qualification is judged on ET, RX7 qualifies. If judged on ET+RT (reaction time), Cefiro qualifies.
hi,

how come the cefiro reached the finishing line first n he will get 0.07 behind rx7???

i was in the pit. n all my friend saw the cefiro is infront? but the time is totally disapointed us...

anyway have you see who is leading on the finishing on 400 meter for cefiro n rx7?

i think have to wait until nov to see the result hehehe..

wira4

Jan 5, 2004
Originally posted by Eevolution3@Sep 10 2004, 06:30 PM
Hope you dun mind me answering that..
The Pro start uses an external module connected to the F Con V on which launch rpm is selectable in 200 rpm increments depending on the selected working range rpm.. the additional beauty of this is that fuel is automatically added during the activation of the throttle if the computer sees that the mixture is leaning during the launch sequence..
The Autronic SMC and SM2 has this feature thru use of its anti-lag chip but of course the SM2 being the more advanced ecu has all of what the F Con V Pro has except that there is no fuel enrichment function. When the throttle is held open to activate the launch, the EGT temperatures spikes up with the disadvantage is that the throttle cannot be held open too long or else you will have a meltdown on the turbine wheel..
Same goes for the Haltech. Not sure on the Microtech...but they are pretty close in the functions and setup..
I think what you have described is known as "anti-lag system" or "misfiring system" or the layman's term as "bang bang system". This is not the same as launch control or some call it "dual stage rev limiter".

Yes,anti-lag system will give rise to high EGT and may result in burnt exhaust valves or cracked manifold. The beauty of this system is that it allows you to spool the turbo when you open the throttle to any % and the boost will build up while you are preparing for launching. You probably need to set up the "launch control" to limit the rpm(and thus the boost) so that your wheels will not spin like mad and defeat the whole purpose of a decent launch. Most decent computers such as Motec, Autronics, Haltech will basically allow the user to enrich the fuel mixture and to retard timing during operation of the anti-lag system.

The launch control, as I understand it, is simply rpm limiting at the activation of a switch by the user. The rpm is selectable at the user's choice. Once the desirable rpm is set, the user can just simply go WOT without overreving the engine while waiting to launch. If you are running ball bearing turbo or small turbo, you may be seeing some boost or even more by doing this. This mode is normally preferred to the anti-lag system. Hope I am not far out of topic. :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

Am interested to get one but with a number of them in market anyone can recommend a good one.

Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience