Sepang Drag Battle September 2004

vinkelvin

Aug 7, 2004
Mr Nismo. r u sure tat evo6 built by themself???? :huh: yaya. this not his first gearbox, tat his using is third gearbox n somebody say it make by F1 material.

maybe this oct event i must challenge this car again, although i am not spend much of buying hks3540 turbo, dog gear, f-conv n many. it still can let my car run with 10.9sec with malaysia to4r, mt-8, original gearbox n single plate clutch :D

malaysia boleh mah!!!!

SkooL

Apr 21, 2004
It's so simple why our fellow S'porean and Thailand counterpart can produce a sub 10s car...they have all the cash and just buy everything that can theoretically produce that kind of result...

while our fellow M'sian are really the mastermind in engineering...rojak here and there...spend not even half of the money compared to those people...just imagine a fully loaded car loss to a rojak car...still don't get the point ?

MrNismo

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Vinkelvin, I'm very sure but I guess it's no use of me saying anything. Better go ask the owner himself. F1 material?! Carbon fibre kah? Hahaha where do you hear THAT from? Good luck on the car hehehe...

Guys, having enough cash doesn't mean that you can get any car into 9 seconds. This is drag racing and I'm sure you all know a lot of issue comes into play, moreover the car is only a 4 banger. Don't you all think we have rich people here that spend a lot on their cars too? What we all lack of is knowledge, and we would still always wanted to believe in our 'rojak here rojak there' philosophy can make fast cars out of our mastermind 'engineers'.

Take an example. HKS Drag 33 can run 7.671 second. Let say I give a rojak 'engineer' unlimited cash and ask him to built a car that can run that fast, do you think it's that easy? Mario spend even more money on his car, and his car has much more power and much more lighter than the HKS Drag 33, but he's still struggling to get better results. Still don't get the point?

We Malaysians are sometimes too over-confident. Hope we all learnt a lesson this time. Hoping to see better results. Malaysia boleh mah!

Peace.

Eevolution3

Known Member
Aug 15, 2004
Saw the red evo personally at their workshop months ago. Setup is extremely close to the Garage G Force Evo 6 from Japan currently the fastest evo in Japan with a 9.755 quarter mile..
I was told the gear box is Australian sourced and that could be either Ivan Albins or Hollinger possibly the only 2 companies with a complete range of dog gears for this model from Australia.
With proper drag tires like the Nitto NT-555R, F Con V launch control and the dog gearset..hitting 9's with the full setup like the one in Japan is very possible..
One disadvantage in our country is that really high octane leaded race fuel is not readily available..I'm talking about octane in the region of 116-117..a very crucial element in making that sort of power..
Oh and dun forget they have acess to race and dealer only cams and turbos to work with..
Correct me if I'm wrong la.... Hehehe.. :D

Eevolution3

Known Member
Aug 15, 2004
Saw the red evo personally at their workshop months ago. Setup is extremely close to the Garage G Force Evo 6 from Japan currently the fastest evo in Japan with a 9.755 quarter mile..
I was told the gear box is Australian sourced and that could be either Ivan Albins or Hollinger possibly the only 2 companies with a complete range of dog gears for this model from Australia.
With proper drag tires like the Nitto NT-555R, F Con V launch control and the dog gearset..hitting 9's with the full setup like the one in Japan is very possible..
One disadvantage in our country is that really high octane leaded race fuel is not readily available..I'm talking about octane in the region of 116-117..a very crucial element in making that sort of power..
Oh and dun forget they have acess to race and dealer only cams and turbos to work with..

MrNismo

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
I was told that the current dogbox is UK sourced. Engine wise it's a standard stroke 4G63 with HKS internals.

Yupe we don't have hi-oc fuel, but we do have cars running on methanol kekeke...

No doubt Garage R has enormous support from HKS Japan itself in this region. I must say they really worked hard for it. It's not like everything just fall from the sky. It's not that simple.

Eevolution3

Known Member
Aug 15, 2004
Methanol eh....heh heh..potent stuff mate..
Truly agree, getting into the 9's is no easy feat whatmore repeating it consistently throughout the night..was a great run..
Serious drag racing in Malaysia has only begun...with more time I guess, someone will knock deeper in the low 10's and perhaps into the 9's... :)

Eevolution3

Known Member
Aug 15, 2004
Hey kelvin with your car dipping into the high 10's that night, what sort of power are you putting out to the wheels if you dun mind la... :)

CarismaGT

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Penang
Visit site
Originally posted by Eevolution3@Sep 9 2004, 12:14 AM
Fuel in that octane range is available provided ur willing to pay at least double the price of V-POWER...

demoIII

Jul 31, 2004
Mr Nismo,
I guess you are quite supportive of the thais and the singaporeans. I think building a car is not simple, but with the help of big giants like HKS, its more possible to achieve betta time slips. As for vinkelvin and me, our car has been done up with advise from buschuracing (USA). For a virgin run in sepang, i guess we are quite good and u should give more support as a zthian. Not many cars in Malaysia can fall into our time slip, only viswork's satria. Americans work economically while japanese chops ppl. Do you have a car participating?

Mr evolution3,
The car chould be only about 480-500bhp only.

Cheers :)

midship

2,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Jul 22, 2004
Across the pond
www.nismo.com.my
Originally posted by glee+Sep 8 2004, 06:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (glee @ Sep 8 2004, 06:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BLaCkHoWLiNG@Sep 8 2004, 06:02 PM
did d previous battles had cash prizes for the winners?
current drag battles.. RM500 for 1st in class, 400 for 2nd, 300 for 3rd.

RM1000 for champion at the end of 6 rounds.

AMF is offering a total of RM40,000 for 1 race in oct 16, and they have 1 more race in december 12. [/b][/quote]
what does amf do for drag battle? i thought it was organized by sic themselves?

Eevolution3

Known Member
Aug 15, 2004
I agree to demo's comment.. the cars that we have here will continue to progress and with cars like demolution ,vis works and the rest going into radical setups, its a matter of time when times will drop..
Dun forget E.T is an indication of how well the car is hooking up on launch and if you can get your 60 ft times down.. the E.T is going to be better..
Its ok that we have competition from neighbouring countries as their setup is after all very well planned..
THat should inspire us to work harder to get those times..
However, saying that Jap companies chop people on Japanese parts is also not true la.. we must understand that cost of overheads in Japan is extremely high and with parts like these, they have to make a substantial amount to continue to survive and develop newer parts..after all, they dun really sell lots of it..
In U.S , there is substantial volume and racing being such a big thing over there, the volume turnover will continue to make parts cheap regardless of the exchange rate la..
After all, I buy most of my parts from them too..Heh heh.. :D

pendixs

Known Member
Jul 2, 2004
kl
Visit site
:D 2nd on Open Cat Wira 4wd..just based on Vr4 engine..
we're glad to get into Final and manage to clocked 11.19 ...that was 1st time we entered Sepang Drag..

wira4

Jan 5, 2004
Originally posted by demoIII@Sep 9 2004, 11:27 AM
Mr Nismo,
I guess you are quite supportive of the thais and the singaporeans. I think building a car is not simple, but with the help of big giants like HKS, its more possible to achieve betta time slips. As for vinkelvin and me, our car has been done up with advise from buschuracing (USA). For a virgin run in sepang, i guess we are quite good and u should give more support as a zthian. Not many cars in Malaysia can fall into our time slip, only viswork's satria. Americans work economically while japanese chops ppl. Do you have a car participating?

Mr evolution3,
The car chould be only about 480-500bhp only.

Cheers :)
demoIII,
Are you guys still using factory 4wd gearbox? What boost were you running?

Thanks. :D

wira4

Jan 5, 2004
Originally posted by pendixs@Sep 9 2004, 02:53 PM
:D 2nd on Open Cat Wira 4wd..just based on Vr4 engine..
we're glad to get into Final and manage to clocked 11.19 ...that was 1st time we entered Sepang Drag..
What happened to your car in the Final of Round 3? There is no time recorded on Dragbattle website Summary page except that of Garage R Evo 6 alone?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all..

I've got problem with my car a/c. suddenly feel did not cold. And in this video this is what my compressor behavior. Is it normal? When I open throttle a bit, the compressor cut off.

air con compressor cut off - YouTube
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience