Satria Neo Performance Hideout.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
timlang...get rid of that heavy 16" wheel first...and get a good lightweight 15"rims with a set of good tyre...

then u can go for better power by tuning....standard current gen proton was already good on handling department.....but if it was me still i'll add wheel spacer on all 4tyre....

maybe 1" on rear and 3/4" on front to increase stability.....

*note: cps track width was reduced compared to normal neo...

ashyu90

Known Member

ashyu90

Known Member
Oct 3, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
would i say something..?

for god sake please save ur money and get a good ecu (piggy back) then u will realize the power boost up from ur original engine at least +-20%..i guaranty that u will feel it

i do in my waja campro..and plus..auto..heh

change air filter = standard HKS ( not open pod )
change extractor 4-2-1 = ( cap ayam brand )
original ecu = reflash and retune ( i dunno what my proton friend done to my car )
UNICHIP = this burger really make my sluggish campro become highway terrorist

pickup : can fight with standard 4G93 ( but Gti i lost due to it lighter body )..hehe
top speed : ever try reach 240km/h @ 6000rpm ( out meter )

but my car behavior change a bit..

(highway)
- economic = must drive between 90 ~ 130km/h only
( RM50 can go +-380km )

- suck blood drive = between 130 ~ 150km/h
( RM50 can go only +- 200km )

- average = must drive between 150 ~ 210km/h
( RM50 can go +- 330 km )

hmmm :smokin:

ur kidding bro, i already R&D my campro engine...from basic modification and now major/ heavy modification...in my mine, with ur simple modification can go 240km/h...its possible bro...if that true..prove it..:mad:.i know u use unicip...I also use unicip once time ago..

netracer

Known Member

netracer

Known Member
Feb 15, 2005
Ipoh-KL
Visit site
cps top speed being heldback due to aerodynamics....
- remove rear spoiler, add an undertray - you will go above 200km/h even stock at 5.8k rpm

but then you loose a bit on rear downforce (without the spolier)

as for value for money upgrades, go for
- total exhaust
- intake (basically free flow filter)
- better plugs/cables (if new, do not bother)
- unichip Q+ (activate the CPS at lower rpm is a bonus)

You will be seeing 160++hp @ 7k rpm, 180++NM @ 5k rpm
- flatter torque, improved drivability, enticing exhaust note

Of course, get rid of those ori 16in rims that weight 9.8kg each... go for 15in (i feel a bit small in looks, I opted for 16in that weighs 7.8kg)

Note that advanti 17in is only 7.8kg but felt may not be too comfortable for thrasing around potholes.

Above all, replace the OEM seats to Recaro SR3 or better depending on budget with actual recaro rails, you will be amazed how much headroom reclaimed and better body hugging as neo is at best driven in challenging route (zigzag aka mini pocket rocket)

Those who want better 0-180kmh may opt for a BOT but that is another story....

Oh yes, remove the spare wheel & sub woofer (if there is) for better handling.
ARB max is 16mm. Feel 19mm a little too hard and stiff for daily high speed corners. Could be counter off by different tyre pressure though.

And most important of all, use proper maintenance fluids ( no need to spend a bomb of branded ones, just adequate frequent routine would be fine )

Upgrade your driving skills and brakes (pads and braided hoses) is imminent.

Do not get yourself kill in the search of driving fun.

netracer

Known Member

netracer

Known Member
Feb 15, 2005
Ipoh-KL
Visit site
all gears have same speed if no ratios have been changed
- gear @ what rpm / kmh

mods done are to improve hp & torque which as a result shorten the time taken to achieve those speed

note that aerodynamics play a big role on speed above 150km/h, is like hitting a wall or someone pulling from behind when cycling

even turbocharged may improve more on the acceleration, and of course higher top speed due to extra torque at that breakeven rpm/speed of the aerodynamics but do not expect much unless you are willing to rev higher into 6500-7500rpm on boost

for a 1.6litre hatchback, mods are benificial for pocket rocket, zippy handling, maximum midrange and do not compared to high speed highway crusing which is better done with bigger cc cars and proper gear ratios for crusing like in R35, R34, Supras and similar makes...

It is a like a sprinter 0-100m runner to a marathon champion... different world.

Want to have best of both worlds? Buy both!

ashyu90

Known Member

ashyu90

Known Member
Oct 3, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Your words are probably right. but the important thing is to be the fastest in its own category. we can not distinguish between the Campro 1.6 with R35. if you want to compare Campro 1.6 with R35 could not be more different. we measure the Campro category itself.

netracer

Known Member

netracer

Known Member
Feb 15, 2005
Ipoh-KL
Visit site
yes.... make the best out of campro own category...however one must be sure the target/objective :-
1. drag purpose
2. track purpose
3. street performance purpose
4. OEM with fuel-saving, improve performance purpose
5. all-out high hp / torque for showcar - run once, strip down to rebuild version

Once purpose has been identified, the path is clearer

ashyu90

Known Member

ashyu90

Known Member
Oct 3, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
yes.... make the best out of campro own category...however one must be sure the target/objective :-
1. drag purpose
2. track purpose
3. street performance purpose
4. OEM with fuel-saving, improve performance purpose
5. all-out high hp / torque for showcar - run once, strip down to rebuild version

Once purpose has been identified, the path is clearer

I totally agree with your opinion.

satria_95

6,000 RPM

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
lordkevin,
your post was the kind of post i wanted to read. i'm considering on getting a neo CPS. I don't speed all the time. In fact, I hardly speed. Only on big open roads, I drive a bit faster but usually never more than 140 kmh.

To all other owners of a neo CPS, would appreciate some answers for my questions before I get a Neo CPS. I'm not entirely interested in modification as I'll be driving the car in stock condition. My first impression, I like the design. Nice move by proton for this model.

1) How long have you been driving the car?

2) Are you driving auto or manual transmission?

3) Any problems with the cars? If yes, what's the most common problems that you encountered, and also heard from other owners of Neo CPS?

4) What is the over all feel , opinion , of the car.

5) Any other information that you would like to share would be nice.

Thanks all...

i am new owner of satria neo cps....

let me giv some review la....if all sifu ere dun mind....

other than top speed...for pickup is way better than a normal campro.....u feel da power....especially 4.5rpm....tat the time cps kick in.....

but a note la...handling of satria neo cps with front bar become worse...the car is too stiff but great for speeding on highway,feel more stable even it juz 170- 180km/h la....but corner become harder .....so i dcide to take out the bar....feel the car is much easy to corner.......that wat i think la....oh yeah, satria neo is much better car than lot of japanese car ere.....wan noe why?? juz go proton showroom n test drive....hahahaha no point i say so much

ashyu90

Known Member

ashyu90

Known Member
Oct 3, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
satria 95..from my experience of making friends with peers who use neo satria cps. THEY have no problem with the car. unless jerking at 4 rpm...:driver: in terms of pickup and the top can be categorized as satisfactory....:proud:

netracer

Known Member

netracer

Known Member
Feb 15, 2005
Ipoh-KL
Visit site
Not again....

Scenario 1

If I were to tell u...wahlau, this product is superb, make my neo cps performs like Supra, would u believe it?

Scenario 2

If I were to tell u... aiyah! Lousy product, waste of money, no improvement at all. Will you flame me saying got dyno (on the tv they displayed at ENEOS) and some improvement here and there...

Summary

There is no cheap alternative or magic in making more hp or torque. Dont you think the engineers in the automotive sector would have thought of it first? Unless third party solutions are merely sacrificing realibility, emission, noise output, comfort level, etc for the increment of some and decrement of some. U gain some, you tend to loose some too.

Read this up too

bikerz

Known Member

bikerz

Known Member
Nov 21, 2008
hye guys, i used to drive waja 1.8 and really love the engine. now i'm thinking to transplant the renault engine into neo. is it possible? (do not compare with neo s2000)

I would like to know about the mounting, eletronics, and can use neo ori manual box?

ashyu90

Known Member

ashyu90

Known Member
Oct 3, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i think u must modific the mounting, change ecu..when u change ecu all meter will not funtion..aircond not function...based on my experience with removing the original ECU and use the full system Haltech:love:..

netracer

Known Member

netracer

Known Member
Feb 15, 2005
Ipoh-KL
Visit site
hehe.... gti engine is not that foolproof afterall... power vs value

bikerz

Known Member

bikerz

Known Member
Nov 21, 2008
i think u must modific the mounting, change ecu..when u change ecu all meter will not funtion..aircond not function...based on my experience with removing the original ECU and use the full system Haltech:love:..
if use renault ecu? can function?

DinDin6491

Known Member

DinDin6491

Known Member
Sep 9, 2008
hey all (: .I drive a 1.6 auto neo non cps .

my neo mods so far(engine side) : adj cam pulley.carbon fibre intake.ported throttle body.ported intake.iri spark plugs..the rest are pretty small and not worth mentioning

future mods : full works exhaust system .lighten crank pulley . matspeed cams 267 .Piggyback ecu (ANY advice ?).lighter wheels.

question : my target to reach around 140-150 WHP.is it possible with these alone ?I am planning to get the things one at a time .

dohc4g93

dohc4g93

Mar 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
i've saw someone claimed that his car can go 240kmh and whatsoever, is it as indicate by the speedometer or using gps? coz sometimes i believe that certain cars does give inaccurate speed reading compared to other car (same model)....i used to have a friend that claimed his car max speed is 220kmh but cannot follow my car running at 200kmh only...i'm not criticizing or implying that those car aren't good, its just that sometimes people tend to feel that their car are superbly fast just because the speedo reading is higher than normal.....any opinion on this issues guys?

netracer

Known Member

netracer

Known Member
Feb 15, 2005
Ipoh-KL
Visit site
true, true... almost all speedometers have diff readings, some even off by as much as 15%!

best proof of all for your speed is by hitting max velocity at places along the known path where speed trap cams are located. When they send you summons, you can PROUDLY scan them and post here!

But from my experience, it is only 179km/h being recorded. If beyond that, somehow I have not received any. It is always the same phenomenon, see the camera, brake like shit, then snap... your proud speed of 120-179km/h is being recorded via you driving it! Wow! You cant get this anywhere else...

Hahaha! RM300 is the max, RM150 is the norm - worth paying to be acknowledged of your achievement, aka as speed. Better than dyno, because on the road, the wind and aero drag has been taken into account. In other words, that is the true speed.... with date and time in case you did not notice it.

Of course, you can save up by using GPS... not as thrilling though. What is the point doing 300km/h when you do not get to live to tell? Even if you do, what is that to be proud of? Until today, I am still in search of that answer.... must be the motoring blood i received during my last operation when I had my EVO MR totalled - oh, that was like 5 years ago.... no, I am still a speed freak. If you spot me along the highway, give me a flash. That might slow me down, thinking there is a speed trap up ahead.... hehhe, but on second thoughts, I may gear up the speed, hoping to be photographed for the next summon... catch me if you can syndrome.... sigh

Last edited:

kambing69

Known Member

kambing69

Known Member
Jul 8, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi to all sifu/teacher/taiko/old-timer would like to ask something, i got my R3 neo about 3 weeks now. Just want to asking opinion about modding this car (but not in short time)

So basically i would like to mod my baby so it can be power BUT straightly not fuel eating monster as i would use it as my daily ride not weekend only and one more thing modding on the engine is a big No No maybe someday, when i get boring of it.

1. well, first thing in my mind is that many ppl saying that cps bumper(body kit) was really making the car cruising in high speed not so good compare to R3 body kit (please not that neo CPS R3 was in CPS body kit) so im thinking of changing it, and maybe next month or until i have the cash will change to CF hood(maybe hood change 1st before other bodykit) : comment

2. About the spark-plug and the cable, what it do actually? will it make it better response but FC will be not so friendly? what other modification that i can do to make it better. comment

3. Re-profiled camshaft <-- what is that actually, are they using stock one or already change it to performance part or do i need to ask them personally.
What about the crank shaft, crank pulley, fuel injector. B]comment[/B]

4. 1st thing in my mind is actually change the ECU either piggyback or standalone since from what heard and research that stock ECU is very limited, but i dint notice anyone saying about CPS R3 ECU since it was state it been 'reprogram' so if i change it will it be worth? comment

5. How about change the absorber unit only to make it more responsive in taking corner or is better to change adjustable, will it worth it? comment

6. Please guide me, i know im kinda fool asking this question around but this is the 1st time im buying my own car and since my uncle live in kuantan (he got the best car that i drive so far since he's in this modding hobby too) and i only know how to 'drive' but honestly speaking i dont know shit about moding a car and this i buy this R3 because of him and his friends that poison me. . . last time and my friends too. but actually i just like it because it's 'limited'.

PS: 'FEED' me with your knowledge :adore::adore::adore:

Last edited:

nadziad

Known Member

nadziad

Known Member
May 14, 2011
johor
that's remark for campro engine. any info on campro cps ? for those who already test their machine, appreciate for your share here.
i'm using neo cps with small mod extractor 421 swirll bullet+straight ang trumpet muffler(open the silencer feel like turbo)hehe...i'm also using fully syn oil endless 5 40w....drop in aluminium filter with cai.....hi low adjust suspension.....max km i often got is 205 km/h.......very 'kecut perut" if the meter hit the 205km/h...hehe....

Last edited:

Terrychan92

Terrychan92

May 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I have done
4-2-1 extractor stainless steel custom 2inc
custom mendrel piping stainless steel 2.2inc with j's racing muffler
GAB SS adjustable absobers
crank pulley and belt
Works engineering CF airbox
Spark plugs
Thats it.. All this enough to tapau my friends EG b16A .

kambing69

Known Member

kambing69

Known Member
Jul 8, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
just made up my mind

1. CF hood
2. CIA

Any other ideas will be appreciate ~

BTW where is the silencer located? is it at the rear muffler or just after the extractor? can someone post some pic of it?
and is R3 full exhaust system come with silencer?

and what the benifit changing the spark plug and the cable?

phantomRX8

Insignificant Fool

phantomRX8

Insignificant Fool
Mar 21, 2005
ISS
i'm using neo cps with small mod extractor 421 swirll bullet+straight ang trumpet muffler(open the silencer feel like turbo)hehe...i'm also using fully syn oil endless 5 40w....drop in aluminium filter with cai.....hi low adjust suspension.....max km i often got is 205 km/h.......very 'kecut perut" if the meter hit the 205km/h...hehe....
421 eh bro? what brand? what is the other piping size? anyone ever use hotbits 4-1 full race for neo cps?

---------- Post added at 04:35 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:31 AM ----------

I have done
4-2-1 extractor stainless steel custom 2inc
custom mendrel piping stainless steel 2.2inc with j's racing muffler
GAB SS adjustable absobers
crank pulley and belt
Works engineering CF airbox
Spark plugs
Thats it.. All this enough to tapau my friends EG b16A .
bro ur car is a neo cps? how about the gab ss? the spring rate is 6k for the front? what size are ur rims n tyres bro? i want to gather feedback for my next mod

nadziad

Known Member

nadziad

Known Member
May 14, 2011
johor
to mr phantomrx8
i'm just using cap ayam extractor only....
steel metal only and it 2inch same size like the original piping:proud:

phantomRX8

Insignificant Fool

phantomRX8

Insignificant Fool
Mar 21, 2005
ISS
to mr phantomrx8
i'm just using cap ayam extractor only....
steel metal only and it 2inch same size like the original piping:proud:
me too bro..cap ayam only hehe..but mine is a gen2 cps model..so a bit short in height..so to connect with the rest of the piping have to make a lil adjustment hehe

spiul

spiul

May 23, 2006
FYI its hard to tune cps or campro engine up to 140-150hp on wheel. However campro and cps have alot of torque. If you can tuned up to that hp, it will no more reliable and give alot of problem especialy your engine. EMS from work is agood piggyback

senbe84

Known Member

senbe84

Known Member
Apr 25, 2008
FYI its hard to tune cps or campro engine up to 140-150hp on wheel. However campro and cps have alot of torque. If you can tuned up to that hp, it will no more reliable and give alot of problem especialy your engine. EMS from work is agood piggyback
hmmm...wat problem could arises to the engine?i was thinking to extensively upgrade my campro...

kambing69

Known Member

kambing69

Known Member
Jul 8, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hmmm, IMHO i think 14x~15x is just nice for neo, there's no need to go beyond that because SN is not build for power, it's build for its handling, that the main purpose neo chassis was design.. just my 2cent.

XlimShady

Known Member

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Getting lots of torque after changing my air intake to open pod type. (with heat shield and cai)
Wheel spin in 1st gear and 2nd gear if i hantam kaw kaw the throttle. :biggrin:

But at corner kena berhati hati la. :driver:

kambing69

Known Member

kambing69

Known Member
Jul 8, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Getting lots of torque after changing my air intake to open pod type. (with heat shield and cai)
Wheel spin in 1st gear and 2nd gear if i hantam kaw kaw the throttle. :biggrin:

But at corner kena berhati hati la. :driver:
Ahhhh i really want to make CAI, or just change the air snorkel but dont want to change to open pod (still want to use close drop in). . is there any workshop with good skill willing to do it? Pm me if got any recommendation

XlimShady

Known Member

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Ahhhh i really want to make CAI, or just change the air snorkel but dont want to change to open pod (still want to use close drop in). . is there any workshop with good skill willing to do it? Pm me if got any recommendation
IMO, open pod only..... Oiginal air intake system is too restrictive/ unefficient.... make a few U-turn b4 masuk throttle body.

I bought my open pod piping from Lowyat. Some guy demod his Neo.
Stainless steel piping (welded joints) + apexi replica air filter (still new) for a total of rm250. :biggrin:

The piping is long so can sampai ulti in front of car battery area. Then CAI i DIY 1 hose from front bumper (cps bumper got some opening with wire mash) to the filter.

midgetBIL

midgetBIL

Aug 17, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
IMO, open pod only..... Oiginal air intake system is too restrictive/ unefficient.... make a few U-turn b4 masuk throttle body.

Stainless steel piping (welded joints) + apexi replica air filter (still new) for a total of rm250. :biggrin:

The piping is long so can sampai ulti in front of car battery area. Then CAI i DIY 1 hose from front bumper (cps bumper got some opening with wire mash) to the filter.
can share some pics for your setup?

kambing69

Known Member

kambing69

Known Member
Jul 8, 2011
Kuala Lumpur

Yup open pod is same or better at least from close but IMO it's seem 2~3 power loss is not enough for open pod to be my setup as our country air really not that good but most important is my CF R3 filter that was originally there that i love ... that's why im going for close pod with better air flow (the stock SNR3 was abit small compare to gen2cps).

BTW can share your setup? pic would be nice

midgetBIL

midgetBIL

Aug 17, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
actually the stock snorkle is sort of CAI already, it's taking air from the out side instead of the enigne compartment (like in kenari/kelisa for example)

don't think it will make a huge different for you.
for open pod, CAI does help, if not, it will be sucking hot air from the engine bay.

if you insist you may DIY.
the CAI kit is universal, only RM45, wont hurt pocket much. if not working well, just discard it.
have some creativity to do your own routing.
CAI Hose Universal - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Selangor - Mudah.my

kambing69

Known Member

kambing69

Known Member
Jul 8, 2011
Kuala Lumpur

actually the stock snorkle is sort of CAI already, it's taking air from the out side instead of the enigne compartment (like in kenari/kelisa for example)

don't think it will make a huge different for you.
for open pod, CAI does help, if not, it will be sucking hot air from the engine bay.

if you insist you may DIY.
the CAI kit is universal, only RM45, wont hurt pocket much. if not working well, just discard it.
have some creativity to do your own routing.
CAI Hose Universal - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Selangor - Mudah.my

have you see SNR3 CAI? it so small i cant even put my hand inside plus there is rubber just before the air intake, so it limit the air flow.. and yes tested, with better air flow (remove the stock only for SNR3) it gave more tourqe (as told by one of my R3 fellows in last time TT)

XlimShady

Known Member

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Since so many request and i'm free today. Here's the pics ~

Overall view. The heat shield is made of hard type polysterene board (bought from daiso, rm5 for a big piece), wrapped with aluminium foil. (those u use for BBQ/ Baking.

It works. The shield will be hot after driving but the piping remains relatively cold.

CAI piping to air filter.

Air comes in from the vents in the front of my CPS bumper.

Look closely and you will see the CAI piping.

COST:
Stainless steel piping + heat wrap + filter = rm250 (used stuff)
CAI piping from lowyat = rm35
Heatshield = rm5 for polysterene board + rm10 for alluminium foil( baki bayak lagi)

Thanks for viewing~ :adore:

Terrychan92

Terrychan92

May 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
421 eh bro? what brand? what is the other piping size? anyone ever use hotbits 4-1 full race for neo cps?

---------- Post added at 04:35 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:31 AM ----------

bro ur car is a neo cps? how about the gab ss? the spring rate is 6k for the front? what size are ur rims n tyres bro? i want to gather feedback for my next mod
Yeaaa cps. I dunno im not so sure. Ill check soon. My tyres are 205/16/55 .