can neo cps auto stock standard achieve 185kmh?

eddiefiola

Nov 21, 2004
i'm planning to buy neo cps automatic. from what i searched thru youtube and internet, most people say neo cps auto (stock standard) cannot reach top speed of 185kmh (which is stated in the satria neo brochure). is it true?

thankx for any answers......

p/s don't include manual gearbox or mods kaw-kaw, that one i know can go more than 200kmh.......

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
better get an eg 2 door
He say no mods kaw kaw... Swap engine considered as mod kaw kaw or not? :biggrin: EG without DOHC VTEC swap are not really that fast except the original EG6 SiR that comes with B16A...

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
pretty sure about that...mine got 130hp which is a bit more than CPS...

its a B-Line which is lighter than CPS...

only got up to 180~190km/h...

normal people can't reach the documented 'top speed'...test driver with perfect condition car would achieve that...

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
My Persona Elegance IAFM only. Less torque and hp also can do 190km/h. Stock standard automatic.
Although I didn't rev the shit out of it. Only 1-2-3 full rev.
Tested at Sepang toll heading towards to SIC.

eddiefiola

Nov 21, 2004
ok, i got the answer already. stock standard satria neo r3 cps auto, can go max speed 160kmh only.............what a pity. the car with the bodykits look muscular, just like muscular man with six packs but penis cannot get erection.............

even my waja 1.6 4g18 auto stock standard can go more than 160kmh.........

planned to put downpayment on 8th of july 2014, but have to cancel buying this beautiful car........

to me, at least stock can reach 180kmh is good enough already........

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
ok, i got the answer already. stock standard satria neo r3 cps auto, can go max speed 160kmh only.............what a pity. the car with the bodykits look muscular, just like muscular man with six packs but penis cannot get erection.............

planned to put downpayment on 8th of july 2014, but have to cancel buying this beautiful car........

friend, my (previously) stock B line will do 160km/h...I doubt CPS will register the same top speed..
i've tested CPS manual and it can reach 180km/h easily...

for that budget, can you mentioned another car that can reach around that speed? (bar the 'stupidcar' persona..)

a simple modification (simple means everyone do it..exhaust, filter..) will bring it to 180km/h...im not sure where you get that statement, might be the wrong road or wrong driver...

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

Myvi 1.3L also can do 160km/h.. I'm quite sure Satria Neo 1.6L Auto can exceed 180km/h easy.. Cause Persona with the same engine and tranny can do 180km/h...

I don't know where you get your answer from, but I can tell you that's definitely because the driver no balls, or the car faulty.

eddiefiola

Nov 21, 2004
Waiora_ProTuner,
manual gearbox can easily reach 180kmh, this one everybody knows.......
i'm talking about the current satria neo r3 cps with 4-speed AUTOMATIC gearbox..........seriously, go to proton edar and test drive that car, u'll be amazed the stock standard car has extreme difficulties to get more than 160kmh.......

i'm not saying proton satria neo r3 is a bad car, the car has extreme good handling plus the very good steering feel............... i'm just saying, at this present time, at least any stock standard car without any simple modification with automatic gearbox, can at least easily get more than 160kmh.......

for the same budget, not the same cc, (i'm talking about straight line speed, not handling ok), some cars can get more than 160 kmh easily such as wira 1.8 dohc auto, waja renault engine 1.8 auto, my waja 1.6 auto and some other 2nd hand cars......

IXEO,
maybe the car is faulty or driver has no testicles, but go and test drive the current satria neo r3 cps auto, u will believe what i've said....

with some difficulties, i got the info from other owners of current satrio neo cps auto, same problem, same info: very good handling, top speed.....ilek, zero, nothing, meiyo.......... simple modification needed for cps auto.......

heard that persona with same engine n gearbox has no difficulties.....why? i do not have the answer.....maybe different ecu setting......

Last edited:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
i wouldnt be so concern of doing 180km/hr. I would be more concern of stopping from 180km/hr, using a stock car.

peeche

Known Member
May 16, 2006
Sin City, MY
how often you will reach 180? How important it is? I have 280whp on my hands daily and hardly reached 140 km/h especially when commuting my family. 180 km/h, one mistake and :banghead::banghead::banghead:, you will also affect other innocent road users that involved with your crash.

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

i wouldnt be so concern of doing 180km/hr. I would be more concern of stopping from 180km/hr, using a stock car.
180 km/h, single pot caliper front and rear.. ermmm ermm ermmmmm.. :dontknow::stickyman::saint:

neo83

Known Member
Mar 9, 2011
Johor Bahru

is it true..

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
try gradually opening up the throttle.
i had experience with stock 1.6A campro on my Neo.
reaching 180km/h is possible..
for the cps..u can try to swap the rear spoiler ( from CPS ) to 1st gen Neo and try to the difference.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It was happened on yesterday(26/10/10) morning around 1am to 4am. The sad thing is my dad's new car(2months old). Lucky the car didn't get stolen, just the sound system : DVD player 7inch LCD screen (PIONEER TOUCHSCREEN DVD) and some items stolen. So if you guys out there being approached by any person offering a cheap price of pioneer or claimed as used unit(as 2months), watch out might be stolen item. Bastard thief.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience