What can I do with Satria Neo's Campro Engine?

undergh

Jan 14, 2008
Hi Kai,

I'm an owner of a Neo (H-Line) Manual and I would like to share my personal experience of making the engine 'lighter' and more efficient. I've been working on my car with a friend who is a car-nut himself. Basically, he has done a lot of trial and error with his car and so far, the improvements that we've applied on my Neo has been forwards.

Anyways, the changes I've made are:
1) Open-pod air filter with a custom aluminum intake ram.
2) Discard the 'cat' converter in place of a 'silencer' [not sure wut it's actually called but I didn't put in straight pipe to ensure some back pressure for low-end torque]
3) Ultra-racing anti-roll bar
4) Zero one Lightened flywheel
5) Hankook Ventus V8-RS 205/45 R16

Ok.. the impacts however, are not being dyno-ed but rather has been based on the driving feel of the car. I know there are ppl who might think of placebo effects and so forth but let me tell you that there's a fine line between placebo and significant changes.

Mod 1) - improved the engine 'breathing' hence better acceleration
Mod 2) - same as mod 1) but for the outlet and it makes the engine smoother to some extent
Mod 3) - stiffens the rear end and allows me to tackle certain sweeping corners faster and more confident (e.g. some corners which I previously dare to take at 130km/h can now be taken at 150km/h or 160km/h depending how much adrenaline is in ur body :biggrin:)
Mod 4) - THIS IS REALLY REALLY LIGHTENING. This mod is worth every cent but the effect will wear off once you are used to it. I kid you not, upon changing you feel like your car jus recovered from asthma.
Mod 5) - I love this tyre although if I ask different ppl they will give you different brands. BUT wutever it is, I believe it's leaps and bounds better than you stock Contis. The difference? Well, the contis for one are twitchy in the wet. This has a more assured feel to it. Hence why I love it so much. In the rain, the car feels like its on track. Another thing though, it's a soft compound.. hence the grip but I noticed that I changed the contis more often than I've changed this.

So, there you go. These are the mods that I've done and I believe that it has been very rewarding to drive the Neo. Of course, I wouldn't kno how it'd feel to have a transplant but then again, if you have a car with a fake soul (i.e. Mitsu engine), it wouldn't be a thoroughbred would it? Haha.. but that's just my take.

I'm also planning to change my brake line to a steel braided one; the discs (god knos that the discs is really awful for the Neo) to an aftermarket discs; extractor and muffler which is expected to release a few more horses. I think with all these in place, all you need to do is invest on ur driving skills. Another advice, do your mods in stages so that you'll reach ur limit b4 u upgrade the car. I've seen a lot of car being mod for the sake of it without being driven for its mods purposes and I'm not talking about cosmetic mods.

Have fun with your neo. Car's a bargain and it's fun to drive!

Last edited:

kun1006

Mar 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
nonono...im neo owner here..1.6(m)... ifeel the power is normal...but itry with persona,power is better than persona...or also try with 1.6(m) waja&change open pod filder,s-flow pick up is kalah me (neo) 1.6 only mah!!!just 1.6 ...if n/a car,pickup is better lah...

kun1006

Mar 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
NO ANY modifield in my neo...just change the bullet,simota oem filter,and use motul h-tech eng oil only...but be4 4000rpm is can fell the campro lag...after 4000rpm is nice

Starkiller

500 RPM
May 19, 2010
Hartamas
Bro im not really experienced in all this, I just started to enter the car scene but from what i know you could visit CamproTurbo . This guy named Xenon made his own turbo kit for Campro engines, Apparently its very stable, Management system all good. I myself going to get it installed soon!

Not very interested in putting on new engine on my car, dont trust it.

Just an opinion!

Starkiller

500 RPM
May 19, 2010
Hartamas
Hi guys, ive been reading the first 4 pages of this thread. haha its kinda gone off topic. I really need the opinion of Sifu's out there. I own a Neo 1.6 Auto (M) and i want to do a transplant. What engine can i swap with my campro without any JPJ legal issues

Thanks guys

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
Hi guys, ive been reading the first 4 pages of this thread. haha its kinda gone off topic. I really need the opinion of Sifu's out there. I own a Neo 1.6 Auto (M) and i want to do a transplant. What engine can i swap with my campro without any JPJ legal issues

Thanks guys
gsr ck version perhaps?it's only 1.8.

Starkiller

500 RPM
May 19, 2010
Hartamas
Hey guys im a newbie in the car scene so please help me out. GT_AUTO said i could install a GSR 1.8 CK Version on my Neo. Can someone please explain to me :

1) What is CK version, i see it alot in forum.
2) GSR 1.8, any bad things i should know?
3) Where to get the GSR 1.8
4) How much is the GSR 1.8
5) How to get JPJ approval

i really need to up my engine, My car keep getting smoked by GTi's hahah. Please help me guys

Thanks you so much! :adore::adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

Sometimes its hard to start, turn the keys and it locks at the injection as I can see the sign on the dashboard. Then it will sound like a motor boat engine. Whats wrong? Sparkplugs needs replacement?

Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience