Protech Ecu

ecupro

Known Member
Nov 30, 2005
Protech ECU - Well , please check on same site but in TECH Forum : Engine Management.
Go..go...go... the "START" gate open....going to shut down....Daniel!, just give me 3 seconds........

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
hahahahaha, ya lor, my problem lor, no matter how good the ecu also I cannot use, because don't know how to use..... ahahahhhaha

freedom return to someone already

motec return to someone already

Black Top ecu take out already

just use back original silvertop ecu. hahahahahahha

next time must try protech

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
protech = sounds like condom brand to me. whahahah. just joking

klgauto

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 27, 2004
Klang Sentral
www.klgauto.zoomshare.com
Acoustic said:
hahahahaha, ya lor, my problem lor, no matter how good the ecu also I cannot use, because don't know how to use..... ahahahhhaha

freedom return to someone already

motec return to someone already

Black Top ecu take out already

just use back original silvertop ecu. hahahahahahha

next time must try protech
hahahahaha............ask protech sifu to install and tune for you sure can wan , can tenbak api at tail pipe sumo.............kekeke

Danny101

Known Member
Apr 30, 2005
ecupro said:
Protech ECU - Well , please check on same site but in TECH Forum : Engine Management.
Go..go...go... the "START" gate open....going to shut down....Daniel!, just give me 3 seconds........
mr ecupro, u said see freedom ecu in ipoh........from which car? as far as i know of thats only my car fitted with freedom ecu lying around in ipoh.......wei you open up my ecu and see ah never ask me also........hahaha just kidding ler, are you the one that i'm suppose to know from bercham.....cheers professor!

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
freedom ecu will auto adjust itself like ori ecu? or is it other model? go see their pricelist before, dunno jap, only understand got one damn expensive and one more affordable, maybe trade in price...

really interested in tom's ecu also, dunno how good.. bah~ poor ppl like me can only use ori ecu...

heck~ twin weber nicer XD

Danny101

Known Member
Apr 30, 2005
rollakid said:
freedom ecu will auto adjust itself like ori ecu? or is it other model? go see their pricelist before, dunno jap, only understand got one damn expensive and one more affordable, maybe trade in price...

really interested in tom's ecu also, dunno how good.. bah~ poor ppl like me can only use ori ecu...

heck~ twin weber nicer XD
yes freedom ecu got fuzzy logic function( auto tuning ) as you said but still need to fine tune for optimum power unfortunately you need to understand japanese coz its all written in jap and also willing to pay big bucks in order to find proper tuner to get it tune........cheers!

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
Danny101 said:
yes freedom ecu got fuzzy logic function( auto tuning ) as you said but still need to fine tune for optimum power unfortunately you need to understand japanese coz its all written in jap and also willing to pay big bucks in order to find proper tuner to get it tune........cheers!
just wondering, if we just plug the freedom ecu into the engine without any fine tuning, will it perform better than stock?

Danny101

Known Member
Apr 30, 2005
rollakid said:
just wondering, if we just plug the freedom ecu into the engine without any fine tuning, will it perform better than stock?
sorry i have never try that so better do not comment.........hehehe! try asking cuscostrutbrace maybe he had try b4 since he said no..........cheers.

Last edited:

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
hi rollakid christopher

we need a minimum "the base map" i.e. idling 1000rpm 20ms injection pulse width on typical 1.6L 4cy approximate 30psi idling fuel pressure approximate best vacuum condition, approximate 250 cc/min injectors at zero tps, at 1v map or 3v afm, etc

if the map is all zero, and we only key in above, will not work, because all ecu, including protech will take iteration or average to next rpm.

if next data is zero, then crank to start will be forever difficult to impossible

if next data is zero, then 1% tps will cause engine to jerk.

hence the require of the so called minimum base map is extremely high, not just a few figures

they must be exacting..... over an extremely wide range of parameters across all conditions conditions, multiplied over each other many directions and dimensions.

when you have good idling map from 0 rpm to 2,000 rpm with tps from 0 to 100% with everything else right, then above 2,000 can be rough, giving fuel consumption anyway from 11 to 17 afr. with this ecu can autotune if you drive long long

ecu need information to autotune, and the information come from "time" of driving, making the o2 sensor hot above 600 celcius, driving over all rpm, multiplied over all tps, multiplied over map / afm, plus water temp and air temp and vehicle speed

and you need to drive very long time and very long distance over very cold ambient temperature (cold air, cold water) over hard drving and soft driving

and you need to repeat all this on very hot afternoon

and the ecu is so stupid, it keeps going into autotune, whatever data you collected in the morning are erased when you autotune in the afternoon

hence you need to write downn on paper the parameters for water temp, air temp, vehicle speed over varying loads of tps, afm / map etc

analysis and morning and afternoon then manually key in temperature compensation and on and on and on and on.....

the question come back, do we have the so-called minimum base map??? if we don't even have something we can drive smooth without explosion coming out of our exhaust.....without polis pulling us to one side...

i prefer getting someone who knows fuel calculations to make one base map where we consider in theory the behaviouor of our engiine then continue.

without the fundamental, how do we troubleshoot in the future..... ???

again this is something same with suspension, everyone wants good setup, but no one bothers to record their changes, giving excuses.... don't know where to get data.......

ok lah, i stop lah.

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
no no speak more XD

so basically its like we got alot of variables that we need to key in before it can work properly lar? like all the fuel points and stuff... hmm.. does that mean if the ecu have 20 throtle position point and 20 point through out the rpm range that mean we have 400 setting needed to be done? *pengsan*

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
rollakid said:
no no speak more XD

so basically its like we got alot of variables that we need to key in before it can work properly lar? like all the fuel points and stuff... hmm.. does that mean if the ecu have 20 throtle position point and 20 point through out the rpm range that mean we have 400 setting needed to be done? *pengsan*
You think its easy aaa,hehe..if it is,tuners dont charge you hundreds and thousands to tune your ecu.

Simply plugging freedom and hope the autotune sorts it all out and gives you outright power is not possible,i've tried.It stills require fine tuning,especially the ignition map.The autotune just work on the fueling only.

Freedom rewrites the fuel map value constantly with new ones,as it learns.Like Acoustic said,conditions are different hence it keeps learning,this could be not good sometimes,hence i locked the map after all learning finish.Cruising below 100kmh last nite gives me 14km/L,with afr 17

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
wah, cuscostructbrace reminds of the thing most important, which is ignition.

anyway.... to rollakid again, that's 400 times water temp, and repeat 400 times air temp, and repeat and repeat

haiya,..... i not qualified too play stand alone ah, go back sleep lah.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Kota Bahru, Kelantan June 2010 – The epitome of high-tech automotive luxury, the new Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, was elegantly launched today in Kota Bahru, Kelantan by MOFAZ Exotic Car Sdn. Bhd. and Mercedes Benz Malaysia. Privileged clientele were presented with a sneak peak of the amazing Gullwing model earlier in March 2010 in conjunction with its worldwide launch, and MOFAZ Exotic Car was chosen as the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience