how to check engine ECU...?

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
why?? "Check engine" light on or performance out...your question is too general...

can check visually if you have enough courage to open the ECU casing...check for burnt/leaking components and circuit board too...smell also...burnt components usually leave a distinctive smell...but leave the repairing to the expert...unless you really know what you are doing...

you can also check using the multimeter to short specific point at the diagnostic port and read the voltage signal and intervals...
paging dr ecu :)

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
1) What kind of problem is bothering you?
2) Did you get any error codes?
3) What model and year make is your engine?
These would be able to filter the problem before you go cari pasal with your ECU :biggrin:

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
TVIS's ECU doesn't have aging problem like what happening to AE101/AE111 (SVT,BT,4AFE).
If you ECU having problem mean you have unintentionally abuse it... such as: reverse the battery, wiring short, or water going in, etc.

sof00

Apr 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
coz after i splash water when driving... i might afraid that the water had entered the electronic stuff.. that may cause my car jerking while idling.... but when accel didn't jerk.... hmmmm

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi peeps, just want to share my recent little DIY project. I just refabric'd my wira door panels. Took me half a day to do it (excludes searching and buying materials). Generally quite satisfied with the results. It is available on my blog site, http://justz.blogspot.com

Once viewed, comments are welcomed. And if anyone wud like my services of refabric their door panels just PM me. Thanks for viewing.. :_:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience