Owning a track day car. Finally!

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Boss... how is your satria behaving after installing the rear ARB? I had this dilemma of not installing it... :dancing2:

Boss, the ARB has been there since I bought it. 2 reason why cannot tell you what is the difference;

1. Its been there(never feel without)
2. As for now only drive it on the street havent tracked it yet. But if tracked also not sure I can tell the difference or not. Worry if my feel is deff.

But as for my friend's experiance, initially he have his ARB on; he feels like too much grip and wanted a bit of sliding(from what I understand from the brief conversation). After taking his ARB off, the rear slides a bit to his preferance(or feel better in comparative with his ARB on).

Does that make sense? I also not sure if we do something(stiffer ARB/softer damping - example) how the car handling characteristic will change.:listen:

Boss, the ARB has been there since I bought it. 2 reason why cannot tell you what is the difference;

1. Its been there(never feel without)
2. As for now only drive it on the street havent tracked it yet. But if tracked also not sure I can tell the difference or not. Worry if my feel is deff.

But as for my friend's experiance, initially he have his ARB on; he feels like too much grip and wanted a bit of sliding(from what I understand from the brief conversation). After taking his ARB off, the rear slides a bit to his preferance(or feel better in comparative with his ARB on).

Does that make sense? I also not sure if we do something(stiffer ARB/softer damping - example) how the car handling characteristic will change.:listen:

I have not installed them ARB since having the car many-many years ago... I did drove a friend's Satria GTi on our local B-roads and trekked out a Satria 1.8 DOHC with a UK spec 1.6 body on trackday sepang but still I did not find much difference.. I think is due to the individual car setup preferences.... all I can see cars with ARB will "tripod" when driven hard into turns... :fight:

I have not installed them ARB since having the car many-many years ago... I did drove a friend's Satria GTi on our local B-roads and trekked out a Satria 1.8 DOHC with a UK spec 1.6 body on trackday sepang but still I did not find much difference.. I think is due to the individual car setup preferences.... all I can see cars with ARB will "tripod" when driven hard into turns... :fight:

Ya bro, different suspension set up also maybe why cant tell the difference. Maybe need to test with and without the ARB on the same car and same suspension set up. The Satria you guys tracked, hows the suspension set up bro? Spring rate used? Body roll ok?

Ya bro, different suspension set up also maybe why cant tell the difference. Maybe need to test with and without the ARB on the same car and same suspension set up. The Satria you guys tracked, hows the suspension set up bro? Spring rate used? Body roll ok?

I think so... Plus all of us have a different setup:biggrin: OK.. I will list below:

The tracked Satria 1.8 DOHC UK spec body:

HWL hi lo coilovers,

Spring rate: 8k front, 6k rear

Height: 1 finger I guess.

Camber/toe: N/A

Tyres: Front/rear Federal 595 RS-R 205/50/R15

Chassis Reinforcement: Ultra racing 4 point bar front, 3 point bar rear.

Verdict: No massive bodyroll detected. The tyres probably covered most of the flaws.

The satria GTi we hantam on touge:

Suspension: D2 hi lo soft hard,

Spring rate: Front 8k, rear 6k

Height:1 finger also

Chassis reinforcement, Ultra racing 4 point front bar, 3 point rear bar, upper bar.

Tyres: Toyo proxes T1R 195/55/R15 front and rear

Tyre pressure: 28psi front, 30psi rear

Verdict: It was tested on wheelspin bukit putus trackday many2 years ago. No visible massive bodyroll. perfect balance of power and control (its a GTi forgodsake :biggrin: )

A decent coilovers will do... building a perfect trekker is no overnight development :driver:

Not to bash of Ultra Racing ARB, but the material made are darn important. It was known among few Toyota corolla communities although the bar diameter is much thicker than other brands the response given are thus so far negative feedback. Other bars are fine but choose your ARB wisely, it might not be an improvement afterall.

Even so if your platform able to source others than UR.

Not to bash of Ultra Racing ARB, but the material made are darn important. It was known among few Toyota corolla communities although the bar diameter is much thicker than other brands the response given are thus so far negative feedback. Other bars are fine but choose your ARB wisely, it might not be an improvement afterall.

OEM ARB is fine to me... like other reinforcements, i think UR has good feedbacks from overseas users.... just that maybe some of their ARB does not suit certain make or model... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I'm curious. What sort of feedback and on which Toyota models? If you're talking about those live axles/Torsion beam type cars - sure la. Torsion beams were never made to be that stiff.

Dynoed my stock engine to get rid off the knocking. Balik pukul 630 in the morning. Ahaha

I think so... Plus all of us have a different setup:biggrin: OK.. I will list below:

The tracked Satria 1.8 DOHC UK spec body:

HWL hi lo coilovers,

Spring rate: 8k front, 6k rear

Height: 1 finger I guess.

Camber/toe: N/A

Tyres: Front/rear Federal 595 RS-R 205/50/R15

Chassis Reinforcement: Ultra racing 4 point bar front, 3 point bar rear.

Verdict: No massive bodyroll detected. The tyres probably covered most of the flaws.

The satria GTi we hantam on touge:

Suspension: D2 hi lo soft hard,

Spring rate: Front 8k, rear 6k

Height:1 finger also

Chassis reinforcement, Ultra racing 4 point front bar, 3 point rear bar, upper bar.

Tyres: Toyo proxes T1R 195/55/R15 front and rear

Tyre pressure: 28psi front, 30psi rear

Verdict: It was tested on wheelspin bukit putus trackday many2 years ago. No visible massive bodyroll. perfect balance of power and control (its a GTi forgodsake :biggrin: )

A decent coilovers will do... building a perfect trekker is no overnight development :driver:

Oh alright...

As I was been informed mine;

ftuned Race/Competition spec
F -10k
R - 8k

Camber F - -2.5
Other not sure.

Lower to 1 finger also I think.

Going to run on Archillis 123s.

Yeah, looking forward to see how does the car handles and make adjustments this weekend.:biggrin:

Last edited:

I just take whatever have laying around as for now. Lucky the workshop all play Toyota(LE,101,111) and all play Mitsu/Satria all pencen already. So quite some stuff for me. Got a pair of Japan fender bar as well(1 straight bar type not triangle type). Lucky me.

OEM ARB is fine to me... like other reinforcements, i think UR has good feedbacks from overseas users.... just that maybe some of their ARB does not suit certain make or model... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Ya I think as for them their target is general public use. May suits most user but not all. Other items related to them also should play quite a role in the feeling of the product right.

2 differnt car, use 1 same thing but the others are different should gives different characteristic right.

**please take note I just had 1 hour of sleep today.:listen:

I'm curious. What sort of feedback and on which Toyota models? If you're talking about those live axles/Torsion beam type cars - sure la. Torsion beams were never made to be that stiff.

Particularly KE7x and AE1xx. There was once a seasoned drifter claim he can't recognized own machine after installing an UR ARB thus totalled. As on AE1xx steering wheel feedback(while on corner) gotten heavier which is quite puzzling.

Particularly KE7x and AE1xx. There was once a seasoned drifter claim he can't recognized own machine after installing an UR ARB thus totalled. As on AE1xx steering wheel feedback(while on corner) gotten heavier which is quite puzzling.

Eh.. I experienced that heavy steering when I did the fender bars and top strut bar. But I liked the extra feedback so personally I don't have a problem with these bars.

That seasoned drifter didn't test the car before drifting? Either he has huge balls or is just not well informed!

Means after fitting got difference. Can't recognize also means got difference, probably need adjusting to new setting, but then I am not a drifter......lol:biggrin:

Eh.. I experienced that heavy steering when I did the fender bars and top strut bar. But I liked the extra feedback so personally I don't have a problem with these bars.

That seasoned drifter didn't test the car before drifting? Either he has huge balls or is just not well informed!

Seems as mirage-rs mentioned earlier, different car different result. The current TRD ARB i have does not adjust anything on steering feedback but just incredible chassis anti rolling feeling.

he got nobody to blame over himself (in my opinion)

installing different ARB or any other chassis bracing wasnt about question of getting all of them installed....

but more to getting it to work the way u want it to do....

need to be more specific...like changing car balance between under/over-steer..or snap oversteer or whatever car behaviour......

like if that KE already suffered from heavy understeer...if upgrade the rear section with additional/stiffer ARB...definately it would be even more understeer....where he should sort out the front grip issue in the first place.... (just example...i'm in no position to comment on that actual guy)

AE1xx using super strut or normal macpherson layout?

on fender bar...it makes the area of suspension tower stiffer in relative to the car cabin....so there is a lot more road feedback transferred..because without it, there is some level of chassis flex absorbing the road imperfection which is isolating the driving feels....

Ya I think as for them their target is general public use. May suits most user but not all. Other items related to them also should play quite a role in the feeling of the product right.

2 differnt car, use 1 same thing but the others are different should gives different characteristic right.

**please take note I just had 1 hour of sleep today.:listen:

Goodluck tomorrow's MSF trackday... i guess your F-tuned suspension is more than enough to hit SIC's newly tarmac-ed surface.... :proud:

Goodluck tomorrow's MSF trackday... i guess your F-tuned suspension is more than enough to hit SIC's newly tarmac-ed surface.... :proud:

I ended up go for the trackday on Saturday. The car was great! A little understeer and need to throw the rear end a bit. (Damper most hard already-need to check how to get to throw the rear end). As for now better like this I think because of the non LSD diff. :driver:

Around 20 minutes before ending the session, discovered quite a bad oil leak. At first thought it is coming from the sandwich water cooler adaptor(use this to get clearance from the engine block and oil cooler hose at adaptor). It turn out, the leak is from broken oil temp sensor.

Engine all balance after coming into the pit was way lower than low. Glad this dint hurt the engine. Well at least I think so. This ended the session early.

Get the sensor out, plug in a bolt in to stop the leak. Fill up engine oil and drove back the car to the workshop. Was quite a long day. But had fun!

Last edited:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom