Owning an Evo for a students dream in the next 5 years ...

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Hi MLOC :D , my first thread here ... I've got some confession to make here hehe :P ... Currently am driving the latest lancer GT (Yes i am one of the lucky one), am having good time with this baby, since my secondary days i am in love of Evo 7 which introduced during 2001. If i am going to get an Evo, the E7 definitely be my choice but my question is, even after i start working in 2011, and after 5 years of working, i shud be able to get an evo, the question is, is it advisable to get the E7 during 2016 ? The world might be gone by that time (yeah 2012 !!) hehehe, but Evo 7 apparently is the Evo i think is the best ... So owners of Lancer Evolution, is it worthwhile to get it during that estimated period ??

DDgreystar

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2004
Ahh, driver with such passion is always nice, but in a way to find a good condition evo 7 after that many years maybe elusive; not saying its impossible, but usually a lot of maintenance would be required for wear and tear parts, depending on the previous owners habits too, some may really have took it with all the "driving" done. From the beginning, myself also been having the same thoughts in keep this car for long. Unfortuntely with factors due to work travel requirements and being away from home much longer; car has also equally aged plus all the other factors and spare parts sourcing, sadly i had to give it up and it has become my ex love.
Nonetheless, this is really a good car to have, especially the prowess of 4WD cornering machine !! Thumbs up for your passion towards evo 7 :)

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Ahh, driver with such passion is always nice, but in a way to find a good condition evo 7 after that many years maybe elusive; not saying its impossible, but usually a lot of maintenance would be required for wear and tear parts, depending on the previous owners habits too, some may really have took it with all the "driving" done. From the beginning, myself also been having the same thoughts in keep this car for long. Unfortuntely with factors due to work travel requirements and being away from home much longer; car has also equally aged plus all the other factors and spare parts sourcing, sadly i had to give it up and it has become my ex love.
Nonetheless, this is really a good car to have, especially the prowess of 4WD cornering machine !! Thumbs up for your passion towards evo 7 :)
Thx DDgreystar san :) , anyway Evo 7 to Evo 9 they have identical outlook, just that Evo 8 and Evo 9 has super AYC and better suspension ... So to compare with evo 7 to evo 9, would be evo 9 better in terms of cornering ability ?? I found out that evo 7 is quite drift happy in habit when watching best motoring, evo 9 is seems to be very stable due to its for different market segment, i knew the evo 9 was designed to match European roads and it is test drove at Nurburging circuit ... As for evo 7, it is designed based on the winding roads in japan, aka touge :P hehe

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
yo,
lancer GT RM125k ...Evo7 RM110k 2nd hand... definitely bro!!! no need 5 years la..

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
Hi MLOC :D , my first thread here ... I've got some confession to make here hehe :P ... Currently am driving the latest lancer GT (Yes i am one of the lucky one), am having good time with this baby, since my secondary days i am in love of Evo 7 which introduced during 2001. If i am going to get an Evo, the E7 definitely be my choice but my question is, even after i start working in 2011, and after 5 years of working, i shud be able to get an evo, the question is, is it advisable to get the E7 during 2016 ? The world might be gone by that time (yeah 2012 !!) hehehe, but Evo 7 apparently is the Evo i think is the best ... So owners of Lancer Evolution, is it worthwhile to get it during that estimated period ??
by 2016,evo7 is already 15 years old. as some taikor mentioned, you will need quite some effort and $$$ to do up the car to match its previous performance.

as now the price is so attractive and the loan facility still available (below 10 years)...just go for it. many good units on sale in here and other sites. grab it.

i owned Evo7 for 2.5 years and its indeed a great car to drive. u can touge, track, gra or even gymkhana.....hahahaaa....but end of the day..repair cost will burn some holes in yr pocket..unless u have a deep pocket....then no prob.

as i always mentioned, get a GOOD MECHANIC.....then you will lives happily with yr evo....me due to some reasons...have to let go my ride....miss it so much now but life goes on...cheers buddy.

hope u decide and make up yr mind for a machine of yr dream...go for it...reality always start from a dream!....own it! no regrets its a great car...evo7,8,9.....:biggrin:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I believed the Lancer GT is a family owned car, that is why he has not much of a chance to own an Evo eventho Lancer GT is more expensive than Evo 7 at this point of time.

I love Evo7 too, prolly it's squarish look which is not very handsome looking that attracted me.

Mitevo7, by 2016, I belived the price of Evo7 will be hovering around 50K'ish (I supposed comparing to Evo3 now). If you really love one, you wudn't mind buying one and 'REBUILDING" it from scratch. Which means you literally strip the car down to the frame, weld, fix, paint and reassemble everything and address any minor issues including wirings and plastic clips. That will set you another Rm50K I supposed, so you will get a brand new Evo7 @ 2016. (well, if 2012 doesn't happen, hehehehe...)

SUJAAR AR RACING

Known Member
Mar 23, 2009
Dont just dream it....just sell the lancer gt....buy evo 7....got extra money...buy myvi for daily work....

Massive_InfusioN

Known Member
Jan 18, 2006
Selangor
That is if the Lancer is cash... U should consider an unregister evo 7 earlier before buying the Lance GT. There are several unregistered units ( year 2004) on sale, which i belive, cost RM 15-20K more than lancer GT, intrest wise should be same or a bit higher. Wear and tear at minimum side. Just my 2 cents....

ifanonline

Known Member
Apr 1, 2009
currently i am using an Evo 7 GT-A...what can i say, I am one of those lazy drivers who do not want to use manual gears...hehe

lancer7891

1,000 RPM
Nov 12, 2006
i dream for Evo7 for my entire life...after 30 years, then i owned 1..truely happy...

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
wah, Sujaar and H22C ==> U poison kaw-kaw laa ... :rofl: Mitevo7: u want get Evo6? hehehehe *my turn to poison* ... :rofl:

King: Dun laa bedek until say u dream your entire life laaa ... evo that time where got laaa ... have is maybe AE86 and Datsun 120Y laa ... or the Fiat .. If in school, then think about upgrade from bicycle to kap-chais only laa ...:rofl::thefinger:..

Then last time when just start working only dream want to get the Mitsu GTO 3000cc without the pop up front headlights version ... hahaha .. nowadays when see that car on the road and well taken care off, reminds me of those times when working hard to achieve that dream. When the time come to buy, other car in the market (like the Evo6, 6.5 and 7 and the R34). last 2,, too expensive for me (no budget). then settle for the Evo6 becos that time 6.5 can't find used in the market ... hahaa

ifanonline

Known Member
Apr 1, 2009
if you want to dream some more...look at my avatar...you can get wet dream:elefant:

edmunz85

1,000 RPM
May 4, 2006
haha...bro...i was same as you...since high school days set my eyes on evo but the price neva seem to change...took a satria first n converted to gsr n used it for 4 years n then was thinking of a evo7, wish, bmw e46....finally due to work travelling and turbo hassle which i face in my satria had to settle for a bmw e46 instead but i still hav the turbo dream in me...for now converted my e46 wif m3 bodykit n happy with it....

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
Now i also have beemer becos using it as daily driver (almost daily laa) ... hahaha

Evo can't simply park anywhere .. some more when kena traffic jam ... lutut also sakit .. hahaha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

All competitors in the this year's edition of the Sepang 1,000 Kilometer endurance race (S1K) and the Malaysian Super Series (MSS) will once again be competiting on Federal Competition tyres after the receiving commendable feedback from last year.

“I am proud to announce that Key Vector Sdn Bhd, the importer of Federal Competition Tyres, will be Sepang’s appointed control tire supplier to the 2011 Sepang MSS 1600cc / 1800cc and the S1K events with the Federal FZ201 195/50-15...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience