Now Is Not The Time To Buy Cars

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Sometimes if you believe in things like destiny or fate, then you will know that with airbags or not, if your time is up, then you will go regardless of what.

We have heard of people surviving horrible accidents even in motorcycle while at the same time, people dying from accidents in cars that is deemed to be very safe in terms of safety features.
Especially those killed by the airbags, which suppose to save them.....:bawling:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Don say like that lah..... Fate is one thing.
If din wear helmet, safety belt, lagi faster goal...hahahaha
No offense.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Light weight and agile, usually will be small, can fit in ah?:biggrin:
If I can comfortably fit in the tiny Honda S660 then I can fit in any car. Besides, I've sat in a Elise, although damn hard to get in and out, fitting is not a problem at all.

Autonomous car and autonomous braking is different. I don't see why you wouldn't want autonomous braking that can be disabled. Clearly on the street/road you want to leave it on because a. you shouldn't be tailgating and b. you want your car to stop you from kissing the car in front.

Autonomous car would be like taking an Uber, because why would I want to own it? It's just a private bus.

Car to the average person = transportation
Car to car nuts = enjoyable journey
Car to wankers = extension of their penis

With autonomous car the average person would just take "Uber" provided it works out to cheaper than buying one, and I believe it would. In a 24h day, our cars are easily parked idle 90% of the time everyday -- unless you're a salesman. Most office workers, your car is just parked there.

Light and agile.. talking about a Lotus? Meganes can corner as well as Elise..those things are stupid fast.
It's like ABS and ESC autonomous sort of. Autonomous until the extent modern drivers are so dependent on it they no longer know how to "drive". I dunno la, maybe I'm just old hence the wishful thinking.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Especially those killed by the airbags, which suppose to save them.....:bawling:
Those people really died for nothing. Some are just small accident with minimal impact. But got impaled by the metal shards. :banghead:

Don say like that lah..... Fate is one thing.
If din wear helmet, safety belt, lagi faster goal...hahahaha
No offense.
Well, around 3 or 4 years ago, there is a terrible accident involving 2 R35 at Pahang. Victims died. Then later on, another case of 911 Turbo in Gurney area Penang. Hit a tree, dead as well. You're a Penang guy. How fast can you go on Gurney area? Just a crash on a tree even with airbags, the driver died.

I've also heard of cases like a Kancil full of passengers which all of them are students, collided with a lorry. Kancil turned turtle. Everyone survived.

Of course, I'm not saying that safety features should be neglected. But do remember that even with those things on, it is not like a guaranteed lifesaver. Doesn't mean that with all those features, you can drive recklessly or what. Still, take precautions and drive safe no matter where and what car you are in. That should be as far as you can do as a driver. If you followed all that and still died in an accident, I guess fate is not on your side then...

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If I can comfortably fit in the tiny Honda S660 then I can fit in any car. Besides, I've sat in a Elise, although damn hard to get in and out, fitting is not a problem at all.
Then your size still okay....lol
For me RX7 roof too low, and getting in and out was also difficult.....

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Safety is good, no doubt about that, especially to protect your loved ones too. But no need to be too paranoid and must have all those features or you feel unsafe. Note that some of those features I worry actually can backfire too if they malfunction! So IMHO even though safety features on paper are good, but you may still need to be selective at least for now and more important is still the driver itself to drive in a manner that minimizes risk. If you're a lousy driver, even if you have the most safety features, you're still at a high risk compared to an excellent driver with just an average car. So improve yourself first to become a better driver, that's way more important. Too many accidents and deaths happened because of idiotic drivers.

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
While there's never a good time to buy cars -- cause newer, nicer and better cars keep coming out. I feel it is especially true between 2017 to 2019 (I feel).
I'm on the same boat with ixeo, there is no need for new car. IMO, if your current one satisfy you and does not give you any problem why look for others + you have no more debt. All those electronic only makes me worries, too much electronics = too many thing can fail, sometime sensor fail also car cannot start/move :mad:

as for driving, during high speed cruise,i'm more worried about other driver and lane hogger, not using side mirror /signal, tiba tiba switch to right lane gila :stupid: No technology can help you that time except you/driver familiar with their/your car characteristic/braking power.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I'm on the same boat with ixeo, there is no need for new car. IMO, if your current one satisfy you and does not give you any problem why look for others + you have no more debt. All those electronic only makes me worries, too much electronics = too many thing can fail, sometime sensor fail also car cannot start/move :mad:

as for driving, during high speed cruise,i'm more worried about other driver and lane hogger, not using side mirror /signal, tiba tiba switch to right lane gila :stupid: No technology can help you that time except you/driver familiar with their/your car characteristic/braking power.
Someone once told me before that one will only strive to work harder if they have more responsibilities on their hands like having a loan to pay for a new car. For me, I think that sounds stupid as it is better not to have any more extra responsibilities on my hands than it already has now. Especially if it is a debt.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Hmm I personally would not want autonomous braking car, at least at this moment as I don't have any confidence yet in such system. I don't know, maybe can be remotely useful during highway cruising (I don't tailgate anyway and I hate tailgaters!) but in the city traffic I would think would be a nuisance.
Check out videos on Tesla Autopilot. It is NOT meant to replace drivers, the driver must still be in control of the vehicle. But it does make life easier.

i removed both airbags, remove abs completely....

i love to live dangerously
Track car is it? lol.

It's like ABS and ESC autonomous sort of. Autonomous until the extent modern drivers are so dependent on it they no longer know how to "drive". I dunno la, maybe I'm just old hence the wishful thinking.
Getting in and out is the challenge of the Elise... I'm not old (least I don't admit to be) but I cannot deny getting in and out of a 4WD is easier than a sedan/hatch because of the higher ride height & clearance.

As above, check out Tesla Autopilot.

There are times i enjoy driving, there are times I dread it -- traffic jam, rush hour. And it'd be pretty cool to have autopilot then.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi everyone..i run a 1996 tiara..the engine uses carburettor and recently i noticed there's smell of petrol coming from my engine..sent it to the mech and asked him to check..after checking, he said something behind my carb leaked and needed to be replaced..i got 2 options:

1. Replace the entire carb which would cost me 880 for a new one as the torn part which is rubber cannot be replaced. No replacement parts.

2. Rebuild the carburettor with a carburettor rebuild kit which would cost...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience