The new Vespa S125 now in Malaysia - 11.6hp, 124cc, 3 Valve

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Okay, I know we're in Car Talk but there's a new Vespa in town guys. Dubbed the S125, is the company's latest addition to their "small body" range of scooters. The Vespa S125 commemorates legendary models of the 70's such as the 50 Special and the Primavera while possessing its own set of new-age changes and additions.

Physique

The Vespa S125 features a square headlight this time, with more pronounced all round panels such as the new mudguards and saddle profile. Under the body, red colour coded springs adds meat to the sporty Vespino.

There's also a new face to the Vespa, replacing previous chrome trims, this scooter now wears a new "tie" on the front mask, black horn shroud and black crest on the front mudguard, with matching black 5-spoke wheels resulting in a sportier, more current look.

Power

Over on the power side is a new engine, a 11.6hp, 3-valve, 4-stroke, 124cc single-cylinder which Vespa claims is highly technologically advanced and is said to reduce friction, while optimising performance and yet being extremely efficient.

This new Vespa 3V engine weighs less than it's 2V predecessor and provides an improvement in performance by upping maximum power by 7.1 percent and torque by 10.3 percent. Mated to this new S125, seasoned Vespa owners can expect to sprint from Zerotohundred up to 0.2 secs quicker while Fuel consumption is at a staggering 30 percent improvement.

The matte grey Grigio Titanio

The Vespa S125 comes 5 colours:

• Toarnima (Orange)
  • Rosso Dragon (Red)
  • Nero Vulcano (Black)
  • Monte Bianco (White)
  • Grigio Titanio (Matte Grey)
Price

Pricing wise, the Vespa S125 can be had for RM10,988 with the first 70 units drizzled in limited edition livery graphics. All S125 sold will come with a 2 year manufacturer warranty and a 1 year AAM Bike Assist membership.

We'll be trying this new scooter out real soon so stay tuned for our impressions!

Vespa S125 Spec Sheet:

• Price: RM10,988
  • Engine: 1 cylinder, 4-Stroke, 3-Valve
  • Displacement: 124cc
  • Power: 11.6hp @ 8,250rpm
  • Torque: 10.7nm @ 6,500rpm
  • Weight: 167kg dry
  • Cooling: Air
  • Fuel System: Fuel Injection, Euro 3
  • Fuel Capacity: 8.3 litres
  • Transmission: CVT with Torque Server
  • Front Suspension: Single sided link arm with coil springs and dual action monoshock
  • Rear Suspension: Coil spring with adjustable preload an dual action monoshock
  • Front Brake: 200mm disc brake
  • Rear Brake: 110mm drum brake
  • Front Tyre: 110/70 - 11"
  • Rear Tyre: 120/70 - 10"
  • Length: 1,770mm
  • Width: 740mm
  • Wheel Base: 1,280mm
  • Seat Height: 725mm
More about Vespa in Malaysia: http://www.vespa.com.my/

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
You know, 2 things :

1. If it wasn't so highly stolen in Malaysia I'd get one
2. If it wasn't so expensive in comparison to other brands it'd probably dominate the market

Vespas are pretty awesome scooters

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Now with CVT so easy to ride, those days have to shift gears on left handle.....

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
You know, 2 things :

1. If it wasn't so highly stolen in Malaysia I'd get one
2. If it wasn't so expensive in comparison to other brands it'd probably dominate the market

Vespas are pretty awesome scooters
I didn't know Vespa's are thief magnets, at least not the new ones, are they?

What are the going rate for regular scooters anyway? 5K?

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
i MIGHT still got phobia with Vespa...still remember those day when i was riding a 80cc yamaha kupcai...a vespa infront of me suddenly change lane and its REAR pocket ENGINE hit my kupcai front wheel (hub brake type), i lost balance n felt straight in the crowded traffic Jln TAR....luckily car behind didn't come near my...

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
I didn't know Vespa's are thief magnets, at least not the new ones, are they?

What are the going rate for regular scooters anyway? 5K?

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
another word is dun get something attract to theft..i wonder if change 'nice' sport rim, caliper, or maybe colourfully outlook will attract theft or not :biggrin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Talking about wheels, the smaller wheels on the vespa also a bit more dangerous for our Malaysian pot holes filled roads. Hitting a small pot holes can easily fall over unlike the bikes with bigger wheels.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

By KL Auto Salon: KL AUTO SALON™ was initiated in August 2005 with first meetings held casually at the Coffee Bean in KL Plaza and was attended by a group of car crazy enthusiasts.

So many things were discussed on the proposed KL AUTO SALON™ and an exchange of ideas to be Malaysia's number one automotive lifestyle event. Although the event did not take off sooner, efforts to make it happen...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience