Now Is Not The Time To Buy Cars

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
If follow SG, then old cars RIP......lol:rofl:
In that case for the next few decades, I'm not even sure what car will I be driving since the currently less high tech cars will become a bit too old by then.

For me, I'm not immediately interested with all those hi-tech features hence I won't just blindly go for the highest spec cars. I'm very selective and willing to only spend on stuff I really need, other wise I won't waste the money.
Hahahaha, agree with you.

So for you is Evo RS over Evo MR? Since MR is the highest spec for newer models.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
To the contrary, I prefer traditional hydraulic power steering coz it feels heavier and more connected. My cars now all with electric power steering, all are too light and feel a bit disjointed with what's happening with the wheels/tires. I miss the old hydraulic system.
Depends too. Some cars I drive, the hydraulic system is very light, some are just nice.....:driver:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
In that case for the next few decades, I'm not even sure what car will I be driving since the currently less high tech cars will become a bit too old by then.

So for you is Evo RS over Evo MR? Since MR is the highest spec for newer models.
Sg pub transport is good.
To own car there must have certificate which very expensive.
Add together car + certs....lol...:banghead:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Well for this case I'd still pick the MR coz the RS is just too basic, no power window and mirror leh! The MR also has std Bilstein dampers already.

Depends too. Some cars I drive, the hydraulic system is very light, some are just nice.....:driver:
Yeah for example my dad's 1988 Honda Accord, the power steering was too light as well. But compared to my previous Mitsu cars, I prefer those power steering feel than my current car. The current Lancer GT steering also feels nicely weighted and connected.

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Sg pub transport is good.
To own car there must have certificate which very expensive.
Add together car + certs....lol...:banghead:
Island is small, easy to go anywhere with just public transport. But still, could be a bit of an inconvenience if you have a family with you especially if you have a few kids.

The COE thing is crazy. Needs to be renewed every 10 years. I heard a new COE even for old cars can cost like 50k SGD depending on season.

Well for this case I'd still pick the MR coz the RS is just too basic, no power window and mirror leh! The MR also has std Bilstein dampers already.
Maybe GSR spec is good for you already. Power windows and mirror should be there for GSR isn't it? But some MR models have carbon parts with them.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
For me, I'm not immediately interested with all those hi-tech features hence I won't just blindly go for the highest spec cars. I'm very selective and willing to only spend on stuff I really need, other wise I won't waste the money.
I've seen people post and say they don't need airbags and don't plan to use it. So they buy the basic spec with no airbags. And they are upset cars costs more and they can't remove the airbags.

I also don't plan to use the airbags, but I sure as hell want it there.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I've seen people post and say they don't need airbags and don't plan to use it. So they buy the basic spec with no airbags. And they are upset cars costs more and they can't remove the airbags.

Latest news on recall of faulty Takada air bags all scared already.....hhahahha:biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Maybe GSR spec is good for you already. Power windows and mirror should be there for GSR isn't it? But some MR models have carbon parts with them.
For the VIII, the MR is the best to buy. The difference with GSR are better tuned AYC to match the Bilstein dampers, aluminum roof, and bigger turbo with titanium blades if not mistaken. So overall the MR handles much better than GSR and accelerates a bit faster too.

For the IX however, MR & GSR already shares the same AYC, suspension, aluminum roof, and same turbo size too, maybe just different turbine blades (magnesium or titanium, cannot remember exactly). More difference if compared to the GT version which is like RS (using rear LSD instead of AYC & 5 speed gearbox) but plus the GSR amenities (power windows, mirrors, ac, radio, alloy rims, etc2). So for the IX, doesn't matter much between GSR & MR other than the MR gives more status due to being more rare. The GT can also still be considered even though not as good but even more rare.

Hahaha yeah airbags of course are important to have coz it's a key safety feature.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
It's never the right time to buy a new car. Used or otherwise.

But I will never buy an autonomous car. My car is my personality and my escape. I feel at ease in my house and my car. If the damn thing is driving itself then that's not me. I'd rather invest in a personal teleportation device if I have to resort to autonomous vehicles.

It's kinda like why do people buy Supras or Skylines? For FC? Power? Fun? Loads of cars out there can do better. They buy the car for the character and how they can relate to them. I dislike both of those cars but I like lightweight agile handling cars. I'm neither lightweight or agile but I can aspire. HAHAHA

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
It's never the right time to buy a new car. Used or otherwise.

But I will never buy an autonomous car. My car is my personality and my escape. I feel at ease in my house and my car. If the damn thing is driving itself then that's not me. I'd rather invest in a personal teleportation device if I have to resort to autonomous vehicles.

It's kinda like why do people buy Supras or Skylines? For FC? Power? Fun? Loads of cars out there can do better. They buy the car for the character and how they can relate to them. I dislike both of those cars but I like lightweight agile handling cars. I'm neither lightweight or agile but I can aspire. HAHAHA
Autonomous car and autonomous braking is different. I don't see why you wouldn't want autonomous braking that can be disabled. Clearly on the street/road you want to leave it on because a. you shouldn't be tailgating and b. you want your car to stop you from kissing the car in front.

Autonomous car would be like taking an Uber, because why would I want to own it? It's just a private bus.

Car to the average person = transportation
Car to car nuts = enjoyable journey
Car to wankers = extension of their penis

With autonomous car the average person would just take "Uber" provided it works out to cheaper than buying one, and I believe it would. In a 24h day, our cars are easily parked idle 90% of the time everyday -- unless you're a salesman. Most office workers, your car is just parked there.

Light and agile.. talking about a Lotus? Meganes can corner as well as Elise..those things are stupid fast.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Autonomous car and autonomous braking is different. I don't see why you wouldn't want autonomous braking that can be disabled. Clearly on the street/road you want to leave it on because a. you shouldn't be tailgating and b. you want your car to stop you from kissing the car in front.

Autonomous car would be like taking an Uber, because why would I want to own it? It's just a private bus.

Car to the average person = transportation
Car to car nuts = enjoyable journey
Car to wankers = extension of their penis

With autonomous car the average person would just take "Uber" provided it works out to cheaper than buying one, and I believe it would. In a 24h day, our cars are easily parked idle 90% of the time everyday -- unless you're a salesman. Most office workers, your car is just parked there.

Light and agile.. talking about a Lotus? Meganes can corner as well as Elise..those things are stupid fast.
Hmm I personally would not want autonomous braking car, at least at this moment as I don't have any confidence yet in such system. I don't know, maybe can be remotely useful during highway cruising (I don't tailgate anyway and I hate tailgaters!) but in the city traffic I would think would be a nuisance.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

i removed both airbags, remove abs completely....

i love to live dangerously

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
i removed both airbags, remove abs completely....

i love to live dangerously
Sometimes if you believe in things like destiny or fate, then you will know that with airbags or not, if your time is up, then you will go regardless of what.

We have heard of people surviving horrible accidents even in motorcycle while at the same time, people dying from accidents in cars that is deemed to be very safe in terms of safety features.