My neo 1.6AT FC Problem

autocrosser

Known Member
Aug 13, 2006
It might be a good thing to find out if your speedometer reading is correct. You mention that you are running 17 inch rims. What size tire are you using? Are they the same aspect ratio(?) compared to the stock tires? Deviating from the stock measurements can have an effect on the speedo/odometer readings.

monsh

Known Member
Mar 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
from the pic looks like ur running ur exhaust pipe too big .
which leads to higher FC and power loss.

try to measure the pipe size and see what's the OD .

reefdee

Known Member
Mar 29, 2010
Putrajaya
looks like 1 midbox and 1 straight flow muffler at the back.. looks decent to me.. how bout the extractor? is it 4-1? any pics?

what other mods besides the exhaust?
have you checked your air filter and throttle body?
is the filter stock n clean? throttle body cleaned recently after u bought the car?

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

from the pic looks like ur running ur exhaust pipe too big .
which leads to higher FC and power loss.

try to measure the pipe size and see what's the OD .
could be too.. stock size is 1.8".. only go 2" or higher if you have modded your campro engine..

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
Looks like factory piping and some muffler to me.
Its okay, i couldnt see anything abnormal there.

Where u from bro ?

Perhaps I could inspect your car and try to see whats going on ; visually lah. I cant plug my finger into the OBD2 port and read for fault codes :p

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

mine also 6 years....urs is stock exhaust?? bcos when i bought my Neo it has already modified its exhaust...quite loud...duno what brand
Hahaha..6 years old already :)

my exhaust is not factory anymore. Some rojak here and there :)

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

My inspira clocks an average 9.8L/100KM , everyday clocking 100KM/H . Considering my car is 2.0 and has better fc than your 1.6, there is deffiantely something wrong. OR i could be wrong bro, cause i once had a neo and the FC was terrible. Some say the campro in the neo is more thristy than that of the saga and persona. Cant confirm that fact though..
Compare apple to an apple lah bro..
Inspira not using CamPro rite ? :)
of course the technology inside the Inspira is ahead of the Neo..heh heh heh

fishyogurt

From Facebook
Aug 28, 2011
www.facebook.com
looks like 1 midbox and 1 straight flow muffler at the back.. looks decent to me.. how bout the extractor? is it 4-1? any pics?

what other mods besides the exhaust?
have you checked your air filter and throttle body?
is the filter stock n clean? throttle body cleaned recently after u bought the car?

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

could be too.. stock size is 1.8".. only go 2" or higher if you have modded your campro engine..
yes i think its 4-1.....

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

Looks like factory piping and some muffler to me.
Its okay, i couldnt see anything abnormal there.

Where u from bro ?

Perhaps I could inspect your car and try to see whats going on ; visually lah. I cant plug my finger into the OBD2 port and read for fault codes :p

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Hahaha..6 years old already :)

my exhaust is not factory anymore. Some rojak here and there :)

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Compare apple to an apple lah bro..
Inspira not using CamPro rite ? :)
of course the technology inside the Inspira is ahead of the Neo..heh heh heh
im living at JB lar...

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

It might be a good thing to find out if your speedometer reading is correct. You mention that you are running 17 inch rims. What size tire are you using? Are they the same aspect ratio(?) compared to the stock tires? Deviating from the stock measurements can have an effect on the speedo/odometer readings.
well...about my meter...now la...my fuel meter has only 1 bar left...and the car's only gone 170+km

reefdee

Known Member
Mar 29, 2010
Putrajaya
try getting your hands on a 2nd hand 4-2-1 extractor.. this type of extractor is more low rev friendly.. it gives abit more power then your 4-1.. also when driving around try limiting your revving to 3.5k at most.. if drive short distances with lots of stop n go.. revving over 3.5k will surely eat your fuel fast..

fishyogurt

From Facebook
Aug 28, 2011
www.facebook.com
try getting your hands on a 2nd hand 4-2-1 extractor.. this type of extractor is more low rev friendly.. it gives abit more power then your 4-1.. also when driving around try limiting your revving to 3.5k at most.. if drive short distances with lots of stop n go.. revving over 3.5k will surely eat your fuel fast..
thx...but my rev is always 2k~3k only....im thinking of getting a new exhaust set too..but its not cheap and duno where to get..and which is good...now searching forums and studying them...

Jerry_ann

Sep 13, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
I am driving a satria neo AT 2006 with bolt on turbo (TD04).
Full tank i can get 300km++ 100% city drive, but it is same like before I BOT.
Only different is the driving style, last time without turbo always need high rev,
now with turbo max just rev 4k rpm then get enough torque.

Down your rims size + change to 4-2-1 header should help. Just my 2cent.

fishyogurt

From Facebook
Aug 28, 2011
www.facebook.com
I am driving a satria neo AT 2006 with bolt on turbo (TD04).
Full tank i can get 300km++ 100% city drive, but it is same like before I BOT.
Only different is the driving style, last time without turbo always need high rev,
now with turbo max just rev 4k rpm then get enough torque.

Down your rims size + change to 4-2-1 header should help. Just my 2cent.
thx for your info

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

well...if changing my rims to 16 inch and getting a set of exhaust...is gona cost alot i think...

poolupwai

Oct 13, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
bro, ur FC is outrageous!!! even my CPS does not drink petrol like i drink ais kosong. on average, i can clock 6.8L/100km in 100% city (im extremely light-footed, rev below 3k, probably the slowest CPS in town :biggrin:).

many things could contribute to bad FC,
1. dirty air filter
2. wrong exhaust setup
3. worn spark plugs
4. dirty throttle body
5. prolonged oil change, leading to dirty engine oil
6. wrong ignition timing (loss of power)
7. too much unsprung weight (wheels, tyres...)
8. ECU settings lari
9. YOUR RIGHT FOOT!!! :biggrin:

this list is not exhaustive, but it might give u an idea on what to look for when troubleshooting problems like bad FC. try to reset the ECU first (disconnecting the battery's negative terminal and reconnecting it.) neo's ecu is self learning type, hence u may want to try to reset it to factory default to see if things get better.

hope my 2sen helps :nurse:

autocrosser

Known Member
Aug 13, 2006
thx for your info

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

well...if changing my rims to 16 inch and getting a set of exhaust...is gona cost alot i think...
Well, Fishy, we feel for you. The unfortunate truth is that either you take and act on the advice from Jerry and co. or you keep pouring RM out of your tailpipe everytime you start your engine.

BTW, you still haven't tell us if your wheels aspect ratio are correct in relation to the factory sizing. Not that it matters to us but the best minds here (mine excluded:biggrin:) can't help you if they don't know the whole set-up.

Maybe you can sell your current wheels and find a secondhand set that is the correct size, that is if your wheels now are wrong sized. Or do something about the exhaust. You can also sell your current exhaust to fund your repair. Pick one. You have to start somewhere if you are going to solve your problem. Again, just my two cents. Best of luck.

fishyogurt

From Facebook
Aug 28, 2011
www.facebook.com
so its best that i change all the things in the list on top??

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Well, Fishy, we feel for you. The unfortunate truth is that either you take and act on the advice from Jerry and co. or you keep pouring RM out of your tailpipe everytime you start your engine.

BTW, you still haven't tell us if your wheels aspect ratio are correct in relation to the factory sizing. Not that it matters to us but the best minds here (mine excluded:biggrin:) can't help you if they don't know the whole set-up.

Maybe you can sell your current wheels and find a secondhand set that is the correct size, that is if your wheels now are wrong sized. Or do something about the exhaust. You can also sell your current exhaust to fund your repair. Pick one. You have to start somewhere if you are going to solve your problem. Again, just my two cents. Best of luck.
ok..i'll check my wheels tomorrow

reefdee

Known Member
Mar 29, 2010
Putrajaya
do all that and still run around on 17" rim? :hmmmm:

my personal opinion.. best fc will achieve on 15" rims..
and honestly, no need fancy design rim.. just use those black iron rims with plastic cover.. kawtim.. :biggrin:

fishyogurt

From Facebook
Aug 28, 2011
www.facebook.com

My personal opinion.. Best fc will achieve on 15" rims..
And honestly, no need fancy design rim.. Just use those black iron rims with plastic cover.. Kawtim.. :biggrin:
16 =)?

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

my personal opinion.. best fc will achieve on 15" rims..
and honestly, no need fancy design rim.. just use those black iron rims with plastic cover.. kawtim.. :biggrin:
how many inch u use?

Jerry_ann

Sep 13, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
If you dont mind, you can even change to 15" rims because the tyres are much cheaper than 16 or 17" tyres. then you can save some cost over here, by trade in your 17", maybe you just need to top up hundreds bucks. Additionally if your 17" rim is taiwan made (which i believe it is), sure heavy like hell. Campro auto always higher fuel comsumption due to the bad low end, and now you are adding more weight on it with 17".

4-1 header is for mid to high rev. Hence i think it is not suitable for Campro Auto + City driving which always "stop and go".

And how long you spend up 1 tank of fuel? The longer time you took, then the more fuel will be evaporated or burnt to heat up you engine during cold start. Dont forget also if you always stuck in jam or idling your car.

Guys, correct me if i am wrong.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

That's right - its official folks, Ken Block Gymkhana 5 has been unleashed for the masses to enjoy watching Block's 650bhp Ford Fiesta smoke tyres and catch some air - and it doesn't seem to be a better place to do it other than in San Francisco's hilly terrain with a special appearance of one Travis Pastrana to help him make things a little more interesting on his 2-wheel stead...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience