Regarding neo cps front strut bar

wwilliamm

Jul 12, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi fellow ZTH members, any neo cps users here facing issues with Ultra Racing front strut bar whereby it is rubbing against the intake snorkel or the bonnet?

Should I continue to use it or just remove it :(

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
imho cps chassis is firm enough.
the stock handling is sweet...i love it.

if the front is too firm i think the car will oversteer earlier and that wont be fun.
current setup will understeer first before the reaer start to slide a bit.

i would rather save up and bump up the power.
if u have done so then u can opt for the bar.

wwilliamm

Jul 12, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
You sure it's suited for your model? Not riding a Satria Neo myself. But I'm using an UR fsb, and its gooooood.
Hey there I'm absolutely sure that I'm using the neo cps fsb and many users have faced the scrubbing issues too, guess the height clearance is too little to be fitted on.

if the front is too firm i think the car will oversteer earlier and that wont be fun.

I always thought that stiffer front will always induce more under steer? I have also realize that the neo lotus edition and r3 rs models did not come with the front strut as well.

I'm currently funding up for tires and adjustable atm lol hope it is sufficient enough

Last edited:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Hey there I'm absolutely sure that I'm using the neo cps fsb and many users have faced the scrubbing issues too, guess the height clearance is too little to be fitted on.

I always thought that stiffer front will always induce more under steer? I have also realize that the neo lotus edition and r3 rs models did not come with the front strut as well.

I'm currently funding up for tires and adjustable atm lol hope it is sufficient enough
with the neo,it quickens the over steer effect.
just as long as u shod the rim with good tire.
of u havent bump the power then a 4-2-1 extractor is a good addition along with drop in air filter.

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008
Stiffer front side surely will induce understeer. As far as in know, neo handling is like waja. in stock setup, it will understeer if u carry too much speed into corner then once u lift-up accelerator, it will start to oversteer. Just like waja. this quite dangerous for those who dont have fine control on gas pedal. the tips to enjoy this kind of behavior is once it understeer, lift off slowly, when it start to oversteer, slightly steer to opposite direction and it will start to drift (FWD drift with both front and rear sliding together). i play this a lot with my CPS waja. Just make sure u have enough space to slide. If you panicked and fully lift-up the gas pedal, it will snap over-steer which mostly end-up with over spin. For gen-2 and persona, just lift-off and it will stop under-steer immediately without any oversteer.

wwilliamm

Jul 12, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Stiffer front side surely will induce understeer. As far as in know, neo handling is like waja. in stock setup, it will understeer if u carry too much speed into corner then once u lift-up accelerator, it will start to oversteer. Just like waja. this quite dangerous for those who dont have fine control on gas pedal. the tips to enjoy this kind of behavior is once it understeer, lift off slowly, when it start to oversteer, slightly steer to opposite direction and it will start to drift (FWD drift with both front and rear sliding together). i play this a lot with my CPS waja. Just make sure u have enough space to slide. If you panicked and fully lift-up the gas pedal, it will snap over-steer which mostly end-up with over spin. For gen-2 and persona, just lift-off and it will stop under-steer immediately without any oversteer.
with the neo,it quickens the over steer effect.
just as long as u shod the rim with good tire.
of u havent bump the power then a 4-2-1 extractor is a good addition along with drop in air filter.
So basically the stock setup for neo is kinda neutral as long as there's precise control during cornering.

What I usually do is brake before corner and slightly tap on accelerator during mid corner and full throttle after corner.

Just kinda worry because I'm on stock suspension. So I'm planning to change to 205/45r16 tires but afraid of the larger wheel gap.

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008
Yes, slow enter fast exit rules is very important in Neo. The step u mentioned is what we should do. Once u can see clearly the exit way, just floor the pedal since CPS engine is not that powerfull to understeer again in most case (depend on the exit curve). If u carry over speed (fast enter) to the corner its not as forgiving as Gen-2 @ persona which will stop under-steer immediately after lift-off without over-steer. This is from my own experience.

wwilliamm

Jul 12, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Yes, slow enter fast exit rules is very important in Neo. The step u mentioned is what we should do. Once u can see clearly the exit way, just floor the pedal since CPS engine is not that powerfull to understeer again in most case (depend on the exit curve). If u carry over speed (fast enter) to the corner its not as forgiving as Gen-2 @ persona which will stop under-steer immediately after lift-off without over-steer. This is from my own experience.
Ahh thx for the tips. Just rmb not to over speed into the corner would be safer because I'm not so experience when it comes to panic situations -- god bless.

Btw, a larger rear anti roll bar will actually cause the oversteer to be worst during lift off corner right.

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006

stiffer end will do more understeer...
CPS handling can be considered as understeer...

neo cps different from non-cps neo...

that kind of behaviour is the same with original non-cps neo..
prone to oversteer mid corner...:driver:

they 'improve' the handling for neo cps by using normal 'boring' fwd setup..
understeer so its 'safer'...

wwilliamm

Jul 12, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
yes. correct. these 2 videos will show u how Neo and Waja lift-off over-steer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDV8dLhCV8I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exbYZxstSc0
That was some live action you have there lol, I think the neo enter the corner too fast d..sigh nowadays keep raining very hard to practice also

stiffer end will do more understeer...
CPS handling can be considered as understeer...

neo cps different from non-cps neo...

that kind of behaviour is the same with original non-cps neo..
prone to oversteer mid corner...:driver:

they 'improve' the handling for neo cps by using normal 'boring' fwd setup..
understeer so its 'safer'...
Iirc it has something to do with the wider front track of the neo cps that enables more understeer right.

Do you think running on toyo t1r 195/50r16 with stock suspension would be sufficient for casual touge drives?

Last edited:

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
That was some live action you have there lol, I think the neo enter the corner too fast d..sigh nowadays keep raining very hard to practice also

Iirc it has something to do with the wider front track of the neo cps that enables more understeer right.

Do you think running on toyo t1r 195/50r16 with stock suspension would be sufficient for casual touge drives?
You might want better suspension for more "fun". Just my 3 cents though.

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008

Yes, thats what I heard too. Cps have wider track. Wide front track surely will help to prevent oversteer. T1R not a good tyre for touge (im using it currently). Inflate it around 28-32psi will help it grip a bit but u'll lose the steering feedback (since the sidewall is too soft). If u set at 33-35psi, u will get better steering feedback but u will lose the grip.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi to all the sifu out there,
I hope that i could get some help from you guy, I am driving a rojak transplanted 4G93 eterna engine which the transmission had been converted from automatic to manual and are using MMC 6123 ECU.

Here my problem:cry_smile: ,

1) After driving long distance or driving about 3-4kRPM (with air-cond turned on), the engine RPM will drop below 1kRPM and eventually turn off when it is idle. I had consulted many mechanics which suggested changing of the throttle...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience