My neo 1.6AT FC Problem

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

fishyogurt

From Facebook
Hi guys...i have problem wit my Neo's Fuel consumption...Full tank oil only can go 200+km(city Driving)
....only simple mods like 17"inch rims and an unknown exhaust....
iv went to Proton to check my car once but they said that my car's timing went off only...but still no change on my FC after that...dont noe what to do now
any suggestions?

what was the reading previously? u need to remember, adding a bigger wheel and using larger diameter tyres will offset the reading of the tripmeter, so u need to add a percentage to dat reading to get the real distance traveled.

im not sure...but my digital meter says...i think 14.2/100km? but im 100% sure full tank only 200+km city driving... =(

14.2liter for a 100km journey is bad imo, or dats the reading when the car is stationery? i drove sum gen2s and persona before, and the reading in the meter clusters were always showing aroung 6~8liter/100km when the cars were on the move.

again, what was the mileage previously?

same...14.0-14.3 /100km.....
thats y duno what to do...but i do suspect maybe its the exhaust?

mine is also an A/T. going to be 6 years old this year..
averaging 10.52L/100KM. Which in my opinion is good.
Everyday clocking 80KM.

considering the puny power delivery, I am satisfied :)

mine also 6 years....urs is stock exhaust?? bcos when i bought my Neo it has already modified its exhaust...quite loud...duno what brand

Did you notice any change in your car's power after changing exhaust? It might contribute to a drop in fuel consumption.

im not sure...but my digital meter says...i think 14.2/100km? but im 100% sure full tank only 200+km city driving... =(

Bro, 14.2l/100km is like supercar FC already.. Unless you get supercar level of hp, there must be something wrong with your setup.

My inspira clocks an average 9.8L/100KM , everyday clocking 100KM/H . Considering my car is 2.0 and has better fc than your 1.6, there is deffiantely something wrong. OR i could be wrong bro, cause i once had a neo and the FC was terrible. Some say the campro in the neo is more thristy than that of the saga and persona. Cant confirm that fact though..

it must be the wrongly set up exhaust then, any pix on the pipe and muffler?

im taking the pic of the exhaust tomorrow...i never notice any power up bcos the exhaust came with the car when i bought it 2nd hand...

2012-02-02 10.45.23.jpg2012-02-02 10.45.37.jpg
These are the pics that i could take...

It might be a good thing to find out if your speedometer reading is correct. You mention that you are running 17 inch rims. What size tire are you using? Are they the same aspect ratio(?) compared to the stock tires? Deviating from the stock measurements can have an effect on the speedo/odometer readings.

from the pic looks like ur running ur exhaust pipe too big .
which leads to higher FC and power loss.

try to measure the pipe size and see what's the OD .

looks like 1 midbox and 1 straight flow muffler at the back.. looks decent to me.. how bout the extractor? is it 4-1? any pics?

what other mods besides the exhaust?
have you checked your air filter and throttle body?
is the filter stock n clean? throttle body cleaned recently after u bought the car?

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

from the pic looks like ur running ur exhaust pipe too big .
which leads to higher FC and power loss.

try to measure the pipe size and see what's the OD .

could be too.. stock size is 1.8".. only go 2" or higher if you have modded your campro engine..

Looks like factory piping and some muffler to me.
Its okay, i couldnt see anything abnormal there.

Where u from bro ?

Perhaps I could inspect your car and try to see whats going on ; visually lah. I cant plug my finger into the OBD2 port and read for fault codes :p

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

mine also 6 years....urs is stock exhaust?? bcos when i bought my Neo it has already modified its exhaust...quite loud...duno what brand

Hahaha..6 years old already :)

my exhaust is not factory anymore. Some rojak here and there :)

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

My inspira clocks an average 9.8L/100KM , everyday clocking 100KM/H . Considering my car is 2.0 and has better fc than your 1.6, there is deffiantely something wrong. OR i could be wrong bro, cause i once had a neo and the FC was terrible. Some say the campro in the neo is more thristy than that of the saga and persona. Cant confirm that fact though..

Compare apple to an apple lah bro..
Inspira not using CamPro rite ? :)
of course the technology inside the Inspira is ahead of the Neo..heh heh heh

looks like 1 midbox and 1 straight flow muffler at the back.. looks decent to me.. how bout the extractor? is it 4-1? any pics?

what other mods besides the exhaust?
have you checked your air filter and throttle body?
is the filter stock n clean? throttle body cleaned recently after u bought the car?

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

could be too.. stock size is 1.8".. only go 2" or higher if you have modded your campro engine..

yes i think its 4-1.....

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

Looks like factory piping and some muffler to me.
Its okay, i couldnt see anything abnormal there.

Where u from bro ?

Perhaps I could inspect your car and try to see whats going on ; visually lah. I cant plug my finger into the OBD2 port and read for fault codes :p

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Hahaha..6 years old already :)

my exhaust is not factory anymore. Some rojak here and there :)

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Compare apple to an apple lah bro..
Inspira not using CamPro rite ? :)
of course the technology inside the Inspira is ahead of the Neo..heh heh heh

im living at JB lar...

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

It might be a good thing to find out if your speedometer reading is correct. You mention that you are running 17 inch rims. What size tire are you using? Are they the same aspect ratio(?) compared to the stock tires? Deviating from the stock measurements can have an effect on the speedo/odometer readings.

well...about my meter...now la...my fuel meter has only 1 bar left...and the car's only gone 170+km

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom