Full List of Cars We Protect

jhleo1

May 4, 2005
Selangor
integramania said:
Hey man thanks for this. Will need to learn about this more
Ohya update us as well, if the radiostar alarm system can be integrated with remote start immobilizer bypass module. There is a lots of this type module in the market (website). But not sure how costly if bring into Malaysia market. Got made in China also.

integramania

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
jhleo1 said:
Ohya update us as well, if the radiostar alarm system can be integrated with remote start immobilizer bypass module. There is a lots of this type module in the market (website). But not sure how costly if bring into Malaysia market. Got made in China also.
Will try to see if we can find out more about this. Thanks dude

zmcqdv

May 22, 2005
Puchong
Hi guys,

Just got my RADIOSTAR yesterday morning and just got it installed. My cousin installed it for me, and he managed to retain for me the Cobra Immobilizer.

Which means i get to remote start/stop the car and all the other functions that comes with the alarm system.

For Toyota Vios Only (my car) with inbuilt Stock Immobilizer (Cobra) experience....

Before Installation facts :
1. Original Toyota Key has arm, disarm & trunk release.
2. Cobra Alarm Unit.
3. Cobra Immobilizer. (The Cobra Alarm Unit is combined with this)
4. Cobra Immobilizer Disarm/Arm key (Small device which u use to touch the Immo sensor to deactivate/activate immo)

After Installation facts :
1. Original Toyota Key is useless to use to arm/disarm & trunk release. (But still useable for disarm the immo)
2. Cobra Alarm Unit (Partially disconnected, only the connection between the Ignition key hole, cobra alarm unit and Cobra Immo still working)
3. Cobra Immo - Still fully functional
4. Of course the famous - RadioStar Alarm
5. Cobra Immobilizer Disarm/Arm key (Small device which u use to touch the Immo sensor to deactivate/activate immo)
6. Install bypass convertor for Immo for the Remote Start Function and normal cranking start.

Now how it works :
1. Remote Start car and Remote Stop Car, immo sensor still blinking - Pass

2. Remote Start car, disarm Car, get into the car, without inserting key, press the brake or gas pedal, car engine dies, immo sensor still blinking - Pass

3. Remote Start car, disarm car, get into car, insert key, turn to ON, press the brake or gas pedal, car engine dies, immo sensor still binking - pass

4. Remote Start car, disarm car, get into car, Use the Cobra Immo key to touch the immo sensor - the blinking red light immo cleared (stop blinking), insert key, turn to ON, press the brake or gas pedal, car engine still working, drive off, the immo is disabled - pass

5. Remote Start car, disarm car, get into car, insert key, turn to ON, press the toyota key DISARM button, the Immo sensor blinking light is switched off, press the brake or gas pedal, car engine still working, drive off, the immo is disabled - pass

6. Disarm radiostar alarm, get into the car, Use the Cobra Immo key to touch the immo sensor - the blinking red light immo cleared (stop blinking), Crank up to start, press the brake or gas pedal, car engine running, drive off, the immo is disabled - pass

7. Disarm radiostar alarm, get into the car, insert key, turn to ON, press the toyota key DISARM button, the Immo sensor blinking light is switched off, Crank up to start, press the brake or gas pedal, car engine running, drive off, the immo is disabled - pass

8. Disarm radiostar alarm, get into the car, insert key, turn to ON, Crank up to start, car engine starts and dies almost immediately, the immo is still active - pass.

How i wish there's still another sensor connector to the RadioStar Alarm Controller, if it has, I could've connect my pre-existing tilt sensor (preinstalled with Cobra Alarm) to it.

But the everything still works, why complain, he he ....

Furthermore install the Side mirror LED parking light (cheap one) which just sticks to pre-existing Side mirror exterior. Chrome finished. Looks nice from far

Installed the brake lock (the solid and built into the car brake), just pull up and the brake lock will hold the brake in, cannot be pressed at all. To use the brake, insert key (which has many holes) - and unlock it, the clasp unclasp and falls back in, the brake is fully functional.... extra problem for thieves... (if they come with tow truck... still can tow away the car - but the alarm still goes off - unless they're able to bypass it)

Cannot use the existing Cobra Siren (which is much louder than the Radiostar's) b'cos of different voltage. Change the Siren to "Self Backup Battery Siren". This Siren has battery installed... even if they cut off the power to the siren, the siren will auto go off... batt will lasts about few hours. When want to service car, need to use key to disable the siren.

Next time wanna install.... body kits, perhaps also cruise control... he he
Sorry for the long post....

Integramania - Just asking - could i exchange a remote (dark purple) b'cos the battery compartment cover which slides in and out, the plastic clasp (on the inside of the cover) got snapped off - accidently... If cannot, never mind.
About this remote start and able to use the immo, call my cousin up, ok?
But thanks for the Alarm anyway (still learning to use all the functions - if any prob, will call ya bro). :)

Thanks to Zronix too.

Nice meeting u guys, keep in touch.

Cheers!!!
:D :D ;)

Last edited:

wcewong

May 24, 2005
KL
Radiostar Alarm Questions

Hi, I have a few questions regarding the Radiostar alarm installed on my Nissan Frontier:

1) As my car is equipped with a turbo timer, everytime I get out of my car, the engine is still running. I will then arm Radiostar with the engine running. However, when the engine dies off (turbo timer shuts down), the car vibrates a little and the Radiostar siren triggers. Is there anything that can be done to overcome this problem?

2) My alarm is set to medium sensitivity as recommended by Meng. When I hit my car (reasonably hard without producing a dent ;-) ) from the back, it does not trigger the shock sensor. When I switch it to high sensitivity, the shock sensor goes off. However, everytime a car comes really close (without touching my car) when it is set to high sensitivity, it will trigger the shock sensor. What do you suggest?

3) The siren for the Radiostar alarm is extremly soft if compared to my stock Cobra siren. Is it possible to hook both alarms together to the same siren?

4) The cobra autolock feature triggers when I drive above 20km/h. The Radiostar autolock feature triggers the first time the brake is engaged and subsequently when the accelerator is pressed.

Normally, the Cobra alarm will attempt to lock the car doors even if it is already locked by the Radiostar alarm system. Similiarly, when I switch off the engine, Radiostar will unlock the doors, once the engine dies off (when the turbo timer cuts off), Cobra attempts to unlock it again. Will this cause problems for my central locking system in the long run?

Please let me know. Thank you!

integramania

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Hi there bro...

wcewong said:
Hi, I have a few questions regarding the Radiostar alarm installed on my Nissan Frontier:

1) As my car is equipped with a turbo timer, everytime I get out of my car, the engine is still running. I will then arm Radiostar with the engine running. However, when the engine dies off (turbo timer shuts down), the car vibrates a little and the Radiostar siren triggers. Is there anything that can be done to overcome this problem?

Bro actually this is not really a problem but rather a security function that is coming into play. You see what is happening is when you arm your car within 10 secs the shock sensor is armed and because you tt is allowing your car engine to still be on, the vibration causes the shock sensor to go off. Only way is to wait till tt is off then arm the car or set your tt to a shorter time period. This is how a good shock sensor will work.

2) My alarm is set to medium sensitivity as recommended by Meng. When I hit my car (reasonably hard without producing a dent ;-) ) from the back, it does not trigger the shock sensor. When I switch it to high sensitivity, the shock sensor goes off. However, everytime a car comes really close (without touching my car) when it is set to high sensitivity, it will trigger the shock sensor. What do you suggest?
This is due to the design of the Frontier. When u say back are u referring to the back window or the back of your vehicle. The length and built of the Frontier will definitely affect this. I would set it to medium that's enough since you said high will causes "false" alarm for you car. For our normal sedan cars medium is the best. Actually up to you I will set to high unless it becomes overly sensitive.

3) The siren for the Radiostar alarm is extremly soft if compared to my stock Cobra siren. Is it possible to hook both alarms together to the same siren?
Yes that's pretty true. I think that's possible. Just pay a visit to Meng and he can hook it up.

4) The cobra autolock feature triggers when I drive above 20km/h. The Radiostar autolock feature triggers the first time the brake is engaged and subsequently when the accelerator is pressed.

Normally, the Cobra alarm will attempt to lock the car doors even if it is already locked by the Radiostar alarm system. Similiarly, when I switch off the engine, Radiostar will unlock the doors, once the engine dies off (when the turbo timer cuts off), Cobra attempts to unlock it again. Will this cause problems for my central locking system in the long run?

As Meng pointed out the Cobra that you have is almost like built into you car so he did not attempt to disable your Cobra. I will ask him about this but I think its should be ok. As long as there's no conflict it should be ok.

Please let me know. Thank you!

No problem bro. Anything please contact us. Thanks

wcewong

May 24, 2005
KL
Thanks for the quick reply! I will pay Meng a visit when I am free. :) Let me know the answer to the last question.

integramania

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
wcewong said:
Thanks for the quick reply! I will pay Meng a visit when I am free. :) Let me know the answer to the last question.
Ok I just spoke to Meng

You cannout reuse the Cobra siren with any other alarm, so it cannot be reconnected. Your Cobra model is "different" from others

As for the autolocking the car

Radiostar - more immediate becoz its a brake lock
Cobra - less immediate becoz its a rpm lock

Meng will disable the Radiostar autulock to use your Cobra instead.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys, i was looking at my car just now and i noticed there's a crack at the front panel of the body frame (the part near those radiators / behind the bumper). There's a crack and i'm worried my whole front part will fall apart.

Could you guys recommend what i should do and any workshop is good in repairing or fixing this.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience