Kelisa 1.0 190k full overhaul or swap engine?

hon_cs

Jan 23, 2004

My wife kelisa has white smoke and eat engine oil. Need to top up twice before next 5k service. Mileage almost reach 190k. Gearbox also got sign of oil leaking and clutch need replacement. My forman said estimated 2.5k++ for full overhaul + clutch set replacement. Other alternative is swap l7 or l9. I'm not familiar with k-car engine I checked mudah these halfcut consider cheap nowadays. If swap engine no plan to upgrade the performance since it will be use by wife. Please advice

If you know the history of the car from new I would suggest do an complete overhaul. This way everything is brand new again. Getting half cut, you do not know the history of the used engine.

hon_cs

Jan 23, 2004
Thank you all reply from taiko. Yea, I think will just stick to overhaul.

@Izso, I feel kelisa chassis very weak. Not a good idea direct transplant K3VE

Thank you all reply from taiko. Yea, I think will just stick to overhaul.

@Izso, I feel kelisa chassis very weak. Not a good idea direct transplant K3VE
Not really. 1.0 to 1.3 stock (not turbo) it's quite a reasonable upgrade!

actually kelisa has the best power to weight ratio rather than transplant K3 into myvi..
Seriously, I would feel safer having a k3vet engine in a kelisa than a Myvi.

K3VET in a Kelisa is overkill. K3VE NA enough already lo.
Haha! Need k3vet in order to tapau the VR4 in PJ :rofl:
I agree that K3ve in a kelisa can be powerful enough since that engine stock itself is very responsive on low end torque...

2.5k for overhaul? RM4k~ buy YRV halfcut, swap the whole thing in, including YRV tiptronic gearbox.

K3VE in Kelisa is too slow too irritating. YRV Kelisa is too fast too furious. You want to be fast or slow.. your choice la. The price difference between K3VE & K3VET is very small

how do i plug in my portable DVD player into the main HU?

where to conect the audio in/out?