fuel regulator

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
have u changed the fuel return line to a bigger size? or, rather what size are u using for return line? too big a size gives the symptom u r experiencing, and dat fuel pump doesnt help either. tq

what problem to my fuel regulator (using WORKS black edition)...when i switch on my car..the FR meter show at 3bar...whether tighten or uptight the adjustable screw, the needle still show me at 3BAR...i cant increase or decrease the meter reading....what happen?? izzit my fuel regulator fail or that FR meter itself failed???

Car spec
- Kelisa turbocharged
- RHF34 Tong Turbo
- Wira 1.6 Denso fuel pump
- Std Injector
- Boost 1.2bar

karl_razlie

500 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
Puchong
problem solve...after claim the warranty and get new replacement...the culprit is the valve inside the regulator gone d...

dohc4g93

Mar 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
hello guys,i'm new here....seems that so much useful information from this thread..anyway, i've just plonk a rojak (4g93 dohc) with 4g15 gearbox....i'm also done with I/H/E mods and add adjustable fpr...however, i'm wondering what is the best pressure to be set at wot (with vac hose disconnected)?? I've been trying from 3.0 bar to 4.0 bar and for now i think the best setting is at 3.8 bar (wot)..is that normal or depends on engine and mods done to it? is it higher pressure means rich or lean? fyi the 3.8 bar setting is based on try and error methods so i'm a bit worried about getting it lean during high rpm operation....can somebody help me on this?

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I think the fuel regulator is not quite related to your A/F rich or lean the main function is to maintain the constant fuel to yr injector. Another function is to help you to monitor is yr fuel pump is function properly or not.

dohc4g93

Mar 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
isnt it if the pressure is set too high will cause the injectors will spray more amount of fuel?anyway, is it correct to set the pressure by test drive, adjust and test drive again until i get the best acceleration?i mean other than go to dyno and etc....?

karl_razlie

500 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
Puchong
first get ur basic fuel pressure reading...i think around 3bar at idle and 3.5bar wot...work from there...try thrash the car..then check ur plug colour...until u get brownish colour..

btw what is the correct way to adjust FR?? izzit take out the vacum hose attach to it and set the maximum reading u want when wot. or set minimum setting at idle with vacum hose still attach on it??

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
The amount of fuel to engine is base on signal from ECU not the pressure but if the fuel press was too low it cannot sustain the supply on acceleration. If yr full acceleration is around is 3.8bar only I think is abit low.

karl_razlie

500 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
Puchong
ok taiko here...what setting should i put on my regulator at idle, with this setup...L9 JBDET engine, wira fuel pump, tong turbo and boost at 1.2bar..right now i just put 30psi or 3bar at idle..

dohc4g93

Mar 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
yes,the correct way to set the fpr is by running the engine idle without the vac hose attach and set the WOT pressure.then reattach the vac hose to get the idle pressure..btw thats the method ive learn from my mech and also from the internet..the stated 3.8 bar is during idle and if im not mistaken, the WOT pressure is around 4.4 bar....is it okay coz i never check the plug.it also yield the best acceleration with that pressure....

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I think during idle more than 3bar should be ok most important thing the pressure don't drop during acceleration.

dohc4g93

Mar 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
for other engine i'm not quite sure..maybe someone here can help...any sifu pls advice on this....for me, u can try follow my route of setting it...start with setting at 3.0 bar and increase the pressure until power increment stop occurs..thats my try and error method..so far satisfy but dunno really if this is okay or not..

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I drive a Daihatsu G100 Aura.

Here's the problem:
My engine idling without the air con is 1000. That's fine with me. But when I turn on the air con, it shoots up to 1300!

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thanks in advance
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience