fuel regulator

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
u need to check thoroughly bro.i don't want to see ur car end up in tv3 news like
the gen2 that burst into flame a few days ago.check ur fpr n fuel line from the
fuel tank to the regulator.
Weeeeiiiiiiii Dont la Scare Me Like That @!@!@!@!@!@!

hmmm i just did a brief check..and put my nose close to the area where the smell is coming from..it seems its not from the fpr line it self..i dont see any physical leaks or any marks of a leak...how else can i determine if theres a leak?

Its definitly around the fpr area and fuel rail area. but i cant see anything.What do you suggest i should do bro?

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
u should use high press hose from fuel rail to fpr

Bump: u should use high press hose from fuel rail to fpr

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
Hmmm...is that the only possibility? i might just try that and see..Thanks EGNINE bro

ondgennis

Known Member
Sep 29, 2004
Malacca
i set my sard fpr on my b8 180 at 40psi during idle. but then ho...after drive the car, the fuel pressure was drop to 20psi :banghead:
after the engine is cool and i start again, it will go back to 40psi again :(
i try 2 fuel pump from KFZE and SR20, both giving same problem. how come?
should i pull direct power from battery? i change my fuel filter but still same.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
u should use high press hose from fuel rail to fpr

today i checked my engine bay again,i noticed that there is some oil sediments left on the FPR..its most obvious or darker at the FPR line where the fuel line connects to the FPR...im thinking this is the culprit and i think it only leaks when im driving at full throttle...

I wiped off the oil with my fingers and smelled it..it had the scent of petrol on it.I wiped the area clean...and while my engine is idling i pulled the throttle,i didnt see any leaks or anything being purged out by any of the lines...im assuming it happens when im at full throttle...

anyway,what ill do is...ill check tomorrow and the day after just to confirm if theres oil leak from the hose connecting to the FPr..if there is ill have to change to a higher pressure hose like EGNINE mentioned...Any particular hose that i should look for? Can i sue those silicone hoses? is it safe?Thanks Bro's.

Last edited:

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
i also got the same problem previously and the culprit was the hose...change to the high press hose and problem settled....i suspect the car GT AUTO mentioned burst into flame because of this...last 6 month my fren car also burst into flame because of the leaked/burst hose..normal hose cant handle the pressure

Bump: i also got the same problem previously and the culprit was the hose...change to the high press hose and problem settled....i suspect the car GT AUTO mentioned burst into flame because of this...last 6 month my fren car also burst into flame because of the leaked/burst hose..normal hose cant handle the pressure

Bump: i also got the same problem previously and the culprit was the hose...change to the high press hose and problem settled....i suspect the car GT AUTO mentioned burst into flame because of this...last 6 month my fren car also burst into flame because of the leaked/burst hose..normal hose cant handle the pressure

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
i set my sard fpr on my b8 180 at 40psi during idle. but then ho...after drive the car, the fuel pressure was drop to 20psi :banghead:
after the engine is cool and i start again, it will go back to 40psi again :(
i try 2 fuel pump from KFZE and SR20, both giving same problem. how come?
should i pull direct power from battery? i change my fuel filter but still same.
u fpr might have problem.try n swap with ur friends frp.
today i checked my engine bay again,i noticed that there is some oil sediments left on the FPR..its most obvious or darker at the FPR line where the fuel line connects to the FPR...im thinking this is the culprit and i think it only leaks when im driving at full throttle...

I wiped off the oil with my fingers and smelled it..it had the scent of petrol on it.I wiped the area clean...and while my engine is idling i pulled the throttle,i didnt see any leaks or anything being purged out by any of the lines...im assuming it happens when im at full throttle...

anyway,what ill do is...ill check tomorrow and the day after just to confirm if theres oil leak from the hose connecting to the FPr..if there is ill have to change to a higher pressure hose like EGNINE mentioned...Any particular hose that i should look for? Can i sue those silicone hoses? is it safe?Thanks Bro's.
u can use those expensive samco fuel hose but it don't come cheap ad_eg.just go to
the spare parts shop.they do sell fuel hose that can withstand high pressure.

i also got the same problem previously and the culprit was the hose...change to the high press hose and problem settled....i suspect the car GT AUTO mentioned burst into flame because of this...last 6 month my fren car also burst into flame because of the leaked/burst hose..normal hose cant handle the pressure
hahaha...i'm thinking the same thing too when i watch the news.it might got
something to do with the fuel hoses in the engine bay.very eerie comes to
think of it.imagine driving along the highway and suddenly our car busrt into
flame.....eeeee.... :afraid:

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
thanks bro's...will get it done this week...

obey_1986

Aug 20, 2007
better to get a braNDED one....hell happens to me when i bought a aftermarket no brand one....after 2 months installed on my car.....the car starting to have exhaust sound like Subaru....bobobobobobob.......hahahah....all the sensors n tb are juz working fine....den onli i kno it was the fuel pressure regulator leak inside.....the fuel sucks directly into the vacuum hose n directly into my intake manifold.....which is like a 5th injectors.....hahahaha

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
better to get a braNDED one....hell happens to me when i bought a aftermarket no brand one....after 2 months installed on my car.....the car starting to have exhaust sound like Subaru....bobobobobobob.......hahahah....all the sensors n tb are juz working fine....den onli i kno it was the fuel pressure regulator leak inside.....the fuel sucks directly into the vacuum hose n directly into my intake manifold.....which is like a 5th injectors.....hahahaha
hahaha...suddenly got extra injector.:biggrin:

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
what brand bro? imitation SARD definitely got problem...others like WORK or arospeed fine i think

koie587

1,000 RPM
Dec 6, 2007
hello bro...can i know what is the best pressure for 4G63T?...no wastegate just downpipe...some time boost spike to 1.5bar...hehe...

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
yeah... so far these brands of fuel pressure regulators are good. assuming you purchased original la.

1. SARD
2. TOMEI
3. WORKS
4. AROSPEED / ZERONE (Same manufacturer)

I also noticed that a lot people install and leave the pressure meter at the fpr even after the setting is done... I strongly suggest that you take it off once your setting is clocked in. Otherwise you risk the small meter being broken and fuel starts to go everywhere from there. If you want to monitor fuel pressure, get those electronic types with the sensor is fitted at the fpr and gauge in the dash. safer that way

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

1) Which adjustable suspension( HWL, TITAN Racing or Comfort) is better for handling and comfort? Currently im using GAB which is quite hard..or is there any suggestion of suspension which is better than the above?
thanks...

2) My car is idling at very low rpm roughly around 500-600 rpm sometimes even lower than that. Some of the Zth's member told me it could be the leaking so i have change to stainless steel i/c and new i/c as well but still idling? what could be the coz?

3) What shall...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience