Fuel Pressure Regulator setting

ckdenion

ckdenion

Aug 21, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Guys, I'm driving a persona iafm 4AT.

installed Arospeed fuel pressure regulator few weeks ago and the setting is at 2.8bar (~40psi). after i read up, i found out that the standard pressure setting shud b around 3.5bar or so. just wanna know, at this low pressure 2.8bar, will it cause transmission lag issue? cz im facing transmission lag issue. it is like transmission slipping when gear upshifting.

first time using FPR so no experience in it.:help:

ckdenion

ckdenion

Aug 21, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
But the FPR is on fuel? Not related to tranny also
tats y...just wanna know..cz found an article that states this

"Transmissions and incorrect fuel filter diagnosis

People sometimes misinterpret symptoms of a fuel filter problem as a transmission problem. Lowered fuel pressure, from a restricted filter, may cause the transmission to shift erratically or not at all. Drivers often incorrectly diagnose pressing the accelerator without the vehicle increasing speed, as a transmission issue. They have needlessly replaced transmissions because of mistakes in diagnosing the actual cause. Driving the vehicle under a load, while testing fuel pressure, will help to eliminate mistakes of this nature."

quote from AGCO Automotive Repair Service - Baton Rouge, LA - Detailed Auto Topics - What Are The Symptoms of a Bad Fuel Filter, In-line and In-tank

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have already gotten the Vr4 engine and i was wandering one more thing
is tuning really need?

Is tuning really nessery does is affect the hp or the handling of the car?
and how do i tuning the engine?

Omg did not tought of this need some really professional help

Thanks guys for helping out... wish i could repay you Brothers
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience