EK Bushing

rapinsoul

Known Member
Sep 19, 2005
Petaling Jaya
A Quick Question On Bushing..
My EK now has been 12 years old, so i guess its time to change the bushing as its giving the qweking... qweking sound..

My questions

1) How many bushes are there? Do i need to replace it all front and back the same time?

2) Anyone here selling the bushes and fixing normally what is the workmanship?

3) Is there any aftermarket bushes? I am using Tein FLEX so does this affect the bushes?

Please advice. TQ

c00lric

500 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
1) How many bushes are there? Do i need to replace it all front and back the same time?
Not sure of the total bushes. It is best u do it all 1 go to save on the workmanship.

2) Anyone here selling the bushes and fixing normally what is the workmanship?
hmm. I guess u can source in the marketplace for ppl selling the bushes. As for workmanship, If i'm not mistaken, it could range from RM800 ~ 1K.

3) Is there any aftermarket bushes? I am using Tein FLEX so does this affect the bushes?
Aftermarket bushes, SuperPro, Energy Suspension Bush. Any aftermarket suspension will have an impact on the stock/OEM bushes but if ya refering to the aftermarket bushes then it will work fine with your tein Flex.

rapinsoul

Known Member
Sep 19, 2005
Petaling Jaya
Thanks c00lric :proud:, valuable piece of info... any others who have changed their bushing mind sharing your info.. :biggrin:

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
i just did mine like 2 months ago. and yes, change ALL at once. u dont wanna make my mistake. even if the foremen said, this one no need to change or, still can use la... u tell him I WANT TO CHANGE ALL.

the rear, hmm lemme think.. NOT mistaken there are like...6-8 bushing per side... (correct me if i'm wrong sifu) and the most expensive one would be the BIG bushing on the arm. It cost me like rm120 per piece. My total bushing bill was about rm1k... slightly above 1k la, cuz i did it three times.

and coolric, by workmanship i hope u mean the total cost inclusive of the bushes not just the work done. don't forget u have to do allignment and camber adjust as well after the replacement. mine cost me about rm100 on workmanship only... or maybe cuz i am a regular there :hmmmm:

not forgetting, EK's camber adjust cost more than general cars because we don't have adjustable camber kits, hence they have to take the whole arm out, and pump it into the correct adjustment with machine. extra labour charges there.

this was just the rear, as for the front, i'm not too sure. mine only required the upper arm replaced, as the bush could not be purchased seperately. i got the arm 2nd hand for rm40 a piece, new one goes for about rm240 per side. IF u need to change them, might as well go for adjustable camber kit. saves u alot of money in the near future.

even though it cost alot, after replacing, u will feel very satisfied. :biggrin: good luck.

u can PM me la if i didn't answer some part of ur question. provided i still rmb la hehehe

Last edited:

rapinsoul

Known Member
Sep 19, 2005
Petaling Jaya
Thanks arrowhead, but i have a question what bushing are you using? OEM / Aftermarket?
Where is the shop you did this? Sunway AREA..?

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com
I replaced my undercarriedge every 5 years, 12 years old undercarriedge seems a bit too much but you will feel immediate different after you replace them.

Changing bushes won't help much and in fact you need to change these as well:

Ball joints at knuckle
Anti roll bar link
Upper arm (front & rear)

The cost will be like 1.8k~2.0k if you use everything brand new Japan.

Those made in Thailland will have shorter life span compared to the Japanese counterparts. So, insist to use the Japanese undercarriedge.

NEVER EVER use those Asahi or no brand bushes.

Aftermarkets bushes are built for stiffness and you will sacrify the comfort so think twice before you buy. Buy what you want and what you need, NOT what other people think what is good.

rapinsoul

Known Member
Sep 19, 2005
Petaling Jaya
I replaced my undercarriedge every 5 years, 12 years old undercarriedge seems a bit too much but you will feel immediate different after you replace them.

Changing bushes won't help much and in fact you need to change these as well:

Ball joints at knuckle
Anti roll bar link
Upper arm (front & rear)

The cost will be like 1.8k~2.0k if you use everything brand new Japan.

Those made in Thailland will have shorter life span compared to the Japanese counterparts. So, insist to use the Japanese undercarriedge.

NEVER EVER use those Asahi or no brand bushes.

Aftermarkets bushes are built for stiffness and you will sacrify the comfort so think twice before you buy. Buy what you want and what you need, NOT what other people think what is good.
Thank you bro very good info you have given,

Exactly thats what i want!! so bro where to buy this japanese bush?

and

Ball joints at knuckle
Anti roll bar link
Upper arm (front & rear)

Change all this is good enough? or there are other bushes as well? :banghead:

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com
Thank you bro very good info you have given,

Exactly thats what i want!! so bro where to buy this japanese bush?

and

Ball joints at knuckle
Anti roll bar link
Upper arm (front & rear)

Change all this is good enough? or there are other bushes as well? :banghead:
You definitely have to replace for front and rear:

a. Upper control arm (Front & Rear)
b. lower control arm (Front & Rear)

These are the other main things that you need to change as well
1. Antirollbar link (front & rear)

2. Front compliance bushes

3. Front knuckle ball joints

4. Rear Lower arm main bushes

5. Stabilizer holder bushes

Go and buy these parts at any reputable honda stockists, then have them installed at your prefer workshop that you trust.

Or go to HSC.

Always insist those original Japan parts if you plan to keep the car for long, but stand by 2 grands for them.

If you just wanna drive it for another 2 years then those original but made in Thailand.

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
i did mine in USJ area, the workshop belong to my dad's golfing buddy... and ya and i'm using OEM honda.

rapinsoul

Known Member
Sep 19, 2005
Petaling Jaya
Bro can you PM me the price for the Energy Stuff

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<iframe width="335" height="250" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eB6R3h05Qh4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Watch this video of the Audi heritage explained and the introduction of the new Audi TT RS. The Quattro drivetrain has been here for almost 3 decades. A great heritage explained in the video and definitely reasons why our beloved friend Izso, loves one. Here's to you buddy! Enjoy the video
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience