Can N/A beat Turbo? Let's discuss...

Jun_EK9

1,000 RPM
Nov 20, 2003
Visit site
xenix: where u mia?

they got i thing call avcr....can control boost for everygear hahaha...1st gear 1bar launch at 5k rpm.vtec also die man.2nd gear 1.3bar 3rd gear i think can start to brake.

the bigger turbo the less traction for 2wheel.if is proton is light car n even no traction

xenix: vtec sure win in drag

bro_torex

Known Member
Jun 28, 2006
hattech-v said:
torex, ur statement will lead to some private invitation later... hehe

is it?

That's is what i've wait...... :_:

hehe..

bro_torex

Known Member
Jun 28, 2006
V8_nutter said:
Just installed,,? Not many Honda's ppl playing 4 throttle, wanna share what is it like:shades_smile: any differences ?

not just like that..

The most difficult part is the ...tuning and to drive it.

But overall, i love the part of using N/A formula with honda engine rather than install the turbo...

Turbo is high maintenance with vtec and it's quite makan minyak all the time... difference than 4 throtle... only makan minyak when vtec open.

1 more thing.... i love the sound when 4 throtle suck the air into the engine when i hit the paddle... you can hear very clearly the air being force into engine through 4 throtle!!!

Vtec is always the best... in term of durability.

:)

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
but d sad ting is d 4 throttle doesnt come cheap eventhough 2nd hand..

patrickchong

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
how expensive? how about diy 4 throttle ? wat diffrent with original 4 throttle ?

Nazli97

Nov 27, 2005
bro_torex said:
i'm running 4 throtle in my vtec right now.

Yes, it is noisy and makan minyak if you tekan all the way. But, the feeling and power is quite suprised!

I can beat turbo with no problem at all..haha

:_:
4 trottle only sound but not much power.....:shades_smile:
turbo is the best....:mouth_closed:

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
how do u compare??

Turbo 2.0 and NA Tune-up 2.0 with same weight and both FR?? or how?

V8_nutter

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
bro_torex said:
not just like that..

But overall, i love the part of using N/A formula with honda engine rather than install the turbo...

Turbo is high maintenance with vtec and it's quite makan minyak all the time... difference than 4 throtle... only makan minyak when vtec open.

1 more thing.... i love the sound when 4 throtle suck the air into the engine when i hit the paddle... you can hear very clearly the air being force into engine through 4 throtle!!!

Do you manage to get the low RPM power ? Most of the 4 throttle user didnt get it right and thus makes the car slower and get laggy throttle response (sebu).

V8_nutter

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
bro_torex said:
not just like that..

Do you manage to get the low RPM power ? Most of the 4 throttle user didn't get it right thus making the car slower and get laggy throttle response (sebu).

bro_torex

Known Member
Jun 28, 2006
V8_nutter said:
Do you manage to get the low RPM power ? Most of the 4 throttle user didn't get it right thus making the car slower and get laggy throttle response (sebu).
I just wanna say torque from 4 throtle is incredible.

Seriously, 4 throtle need someone expert on setting it. I'm setting my 4 throtle vtec using TPS setting.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
bro_torex said:
I just wanna say torque from 4 throtle is incredible.

Seriously, 4 throtle need someone expert on setting it. I'm setting my 4 throtle vtec using TPS setting.
Hmm.. no fuss with manifold pressures is it?

I oso think TPS should be easier to tune.. just like carbs... if throttle open xx% dump xxxms of fuel.. :P

how did you do part throttle tuning? On the dyno? or on a open road.. doing it bit by bit?

Last edited:

Xen|x

Known Member
Aug 28, 2006
Taiping, Perak
hattech... apa boleh buat... i lose the password d ma....

300m~400m Vtec rules... more then that.. it will be the world of turboS

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi bros, I am currently driving a lancer CS3, with 4g18 engine. I am planning to change my throttle body to a evo3 TB. I still have to bore my manifold to match the TB. Anybody knows which other intake manifold I use to direct fit to my engine so I don't have to bore my existing IM???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience