[WTA] N/A Modifications

Apr 20, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys, I'm new here. Recently acquired a new FD2R. And been reading this section for awhile. Usually N/A engine is about modding the intake/header/exhaust mods/cam and piston.

I have some questions,

1. I searched and Mr. Google show me this is how header looks like. Headers
But what is headers for? My first question.

2. And also, what does intake improve on? Blueprint Manufacturing - Quality Performance Parts - K20 Intake Manifold Porting
It mentioned it improve flow capacity. What flow?

3. And finally there's one thing which I don't understand. Cam is camshaft right? What does camshaft and piston functions as?

4. I often see people bore their camshaft to longer diameter. Why's that?

Hope all the pros can help answer my 4 question regarding HEADERS, INTAKE, CAMSHAFT and PISTON. THANKS! :adore:

Usually for N/A mods, I see people usually go for aftermarket ECU first, and follow by exhaust mods. After that, what do people usually mod after that? Need stage-by-stage help. There's usually 3 stages of mods right?

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Aiyah ! No sifu to explain ah?

From my understanding changing items like HEADERS, INTAKE, CAMSHAFT, PISTONs, blueprinting the manifolds is all about increasing airflow so that the engine can yield out higher performance/power (in short).

You can't really tune the standard ECU in terms of increasing more fuel, advance/retard ignition timing, setting up the cam timing (cam swaps) . As such Standalone, piggyback ecu were introduced in order for you to tune you car properly during any mods done to it.

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
Mr. B-Honda,

Learn the basics of the engine first, before you you go into modding...try this site

AutoZine Technical School

And also search in wiki on "internal combustion engine" , you'll find out what pistons & cams do...

Last edited:

affiq

Known Member
Sep 6, 2007
wow....alot of question......maybe u can call out a sifu and blanje him a cup of teh tarik...well..maybe 2 or 3 lah to get all ur questions answered...

zane_al

Known Member
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Forget about those complicated engine stuff, spent your good money on this first :

1. lightest (good brand) set of sports rims you can afford; say 4.5k maybe .
2. lightweight bonnet; customised if need be - say 2.5k .
3. good set of tyres (sticky even in the rain) - 2.0k maybe .

- that should take care of your yearly savings and you can smoke those sagas behind.

B-Honda

Apr 20, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Forget about those complicated engine stuff, spent your good money on this first :

1. lightest (good brand) set of sports rims you can afford; say 4.5k maybe .
2. lightweight bonnet; customised if need be - say 2.5k .
3. good set of tyres (sticky even in the rain) - 2.0k maybe .

- that should take care of your yearly savings and you can smoke those sagas behind.
Stock FD2R already let those sagas eat dust la. Maybe you read wrongly la, bro. Not FD2 :biggrin:

Btw, beside TE37, what sports rims do you reckon? I don't do research on sport rims. Only know the most well know TE37.

zane_al

Known Member
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Avanti advertise one with 4.9kg and I am using Enkei RP1. Get yourself a spring type weigher and you can test/see their actual weights at the shops.And buy those local performance magazines, so (too) many advertisements inside.
Any rim that enter well known races is good enough for me - as you know enkei is fomula 1.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

errm....just wan to ask...has anyone seen anywhere selling those sticker-like that lights up in blue color? i've seen b4 those who got viper alarm, there's a viper logo blinking in blue color just by the side of the front windscreen...

or anyhow i can dupe it?
btw, if i were to install viper alarm, how much does it cost?
thanks!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience