Can N/A beat Turbo? Let's discuss...

Jun_EK9

1,000 RPM
Nov 20, 2003
Visit site
xenix: where u mia?

they got i thing call avcr....can control boost for everygear hahaha...1st gear 1bar launch at 5k rpm.vtec also die man.2nd gear 1.3bar 3rd gear i think can start to brake.

the bigger turbo the less traction for 2wheel.if is proton is light car n even no traction

xenix: vtec sure win in drag

bro_torex

Known Member
Jun 28, 2006
hattech-v said:
torex, ur statement will lead to some private invitation later... hehe

is it?

That's is what i've wait...... :_:

hehe..

bro_torex

Known Member
Jun 28, 2006
V8_nutter said:
Just installed,,? Not many Honda's ppl playing 4 throttle, wanna share what is it like:shades_smile: any differences ?

not just like that..

The most difficult part is the ...tuning and to drive it.

But overall, i love the part of using N/A formula with honda engine rather than install the turbo...

Turbo is high maintenance with vtec and it's quite makan minyak all the time... difference than 4 throtle... only makan minyak when vtec open.

1 more thing.... i love the sound when 4 throtle suck the air into the engine when i hit the paddle... you can hear very clearly the air being force into engine through 4 throtle!!!

Vtec is always the best... in term of durability.

:)

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
but d sad ting is d 4 throttle doesnt come cheap eventhough 2nd hand..

patrickchong

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
how expensive? how about diy 4 throttle ? wat diffrent with original 4 throttle ?

Nazli97

Nov 27, 2005
bro_torex said:
i'm running 4 throtle in my vtec right now.

Yes, it is noisy and makan minyak if you tekan all the way. But, the feeling and power is quite suprised!

I can beat turbo with no problem at all..haha

:_:
4 trottle only sound but not much power.....:shades_smile:
turbo is the best....:mouth_closed:

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
how do u compare??

Turbo 2.0 and NA Tune-up 2.0 with same weight and both FR?? or how?

V8_nutter

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
bro_torex said:
not just like that..

But overall, i love the part of using N/A formula with honda engine rather than install the turbo...

Turbo is high maintenance with vtec and it's quite makan minyak all the time... difference than 4 throtle... only makan minyak when vtec open.

1 more thing.... i love the sound when 4 throtle suck the air into the engine when i hit the paddle... you can hear very clearly the air being force into engine through 4 throtle!!!

Do you manage to get the low RPM power ? Most of the 4 throttle user didnt get it right and thus makes the car slower and get laggy throttle response (sebu).

V8_nutter

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
bro_torex said:
not just like that..

Do you manage to get the low RPM power ? Most of the 4 throttle user didn't get it right thus making the car slower and get laggy throttle response (sebu).

bro_torex

Known Member
Jun 28, 2006
V8_nutter said:
Do you manage to get the low RPM power ? Most of the 4 throttle user didn't get it right thus making the car slower and get laggy throttle response (sebu).
I just wanna say torque from 4 throtle is incredible.

Seriously, 4 throtle need someone expert on setting it. I'm setting my 4 throtle vtec using TPS setting.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
bro_torex said:
I just wanna say torque from 4 throtle is incredible.

Seriously, 4 throtle need someone expert on setting it. I'm setting my 4 throtle vtec using TPS setting.
Hmm.. no fuss with manifold pressures is it?

I oso think TPS should be easier to tune.. just like carbs... if throttle open xx% dump xxxms of fuel.. :P

how did you do part throttle tuning? On the dyno? or on a open road.. doing it bit by bit?

Last edited:

Xen|x

Known Member
Aug 28, 2006
Taiping, Perak
hattech... apa boleh buat... i lose the password d ma....

300m~400m Vtec rules... more then that.. it will be the world of turboS

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Last friday send my car to my regular mechanic for seat replacement. then when tehy tried to start i cudn't start but all system are good. at first we tot is the wiring problem but engine sounds find. after awhile decided to open up the crank case,

guess wat we found??... its the blurdy oil pump parts in the crankcase!!

dis is my damage.

1. oil pump
2. crankshaft scratch (hopefully can b rebuilt by polishing it.
3. haven't determine whether block usable or not. waiting for engineering...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience