Can N/A beat Turbo? Let's discuss...

Xen|x

Known Member
Aug 28, 2006
Taiping, Perak
Jun_EK9 said:
xenix: where u mia?

they got i thing call avcr....can control boost for everygear hahaha...1st gear 1bar launch at 5k rpm.vtec also die man.2nd gear 1.3bar 3rd gear i think can start to brake.

the bigger turbo the less traction for 2wheel.if is proton is light car n even no traction

xenix: vtec sure win in drag

sure ar vtec sure will... Turbo will drag tyre 4WD n proper traction bar... launch 500hp+++ launching at 6~7k RPM and voila!

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
what do you think? This is a honda thread mah.. sure people will support VTEC... for me.. I admit.. VTEC is good.. but a 'properly setup' turbo'ed with similar capacity car will beat the doors out of an similar capacity NA, VTEC or not.

Mind you, I'm a honda fan.. but I'm not THAT biased. :P

V8_nutter

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
bro_torex said:
I just wanna say torque from 4 throtle is incredible.

Seriously, 4 throtle need someone expert on setting it. I'm setting my 4 throtle vtec using TPS setting.
TPS adjustment is not enough for 4 throttle. Your's one is custommade or aftermarket ? OEM vtec wirings needs positive reading which means std MAP wouldnt able to "baca betul". If tune properly, you will lose tourqe but gain horsepower, since the lack of vacuum pressure.

Have you dynoed your car yet ? check the tourque curves and compare with horsepower curves, if you gain more tourque, thats means youll lose horsepower at the top :confused_smile:

samco

Jul 27, 2004
auckland
Visit site
bro_torex did u have to do anything to your accelerator pedal or anything?
coz i had to somehow bend the pedal a little higher for 100% throttle.

bro_torex

Known Member
Jun 28, 2006
samco said:
bro_torex did u have to do anything to your accelerator pedal or anything?
coz i had to somehow bend the pedal a little higher for 100% throttle.

Yes, i noticed that when i hit full pedal... it still have balance throtle when i look at engine bay..

hmm..

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
If same car i think turbocharge still win.
NA tuning can do a few..
Those NA tuning stuffs also can be apply at turbo cars.
so in the end turbo sure win anytime.

Supercharge on the other hand possible to be beaten by Tuned NA.
Coz my fren tah pao Mini Cooper S 1.6 wif his tuned NA waja 1.6.

Johnny_9

Known Member
Jul 16, 2005
KL
4.785?

V8_nutter said:
200bhp b20 VTEC can beat 300bhp turbo cars, with roughly the same weight:regular_smile: been there, done that.

FD 4.785 ?
3/4/5 ATS ?

orc3368

Known Member
Dec 1, 2005
Johnny_9 said:
How many stock B20's block u know have blown up?
meaning???explain in detail what you mean blown up???how they blown up??scary laa...i better change my engine back to 1.6...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I just did an engine conversion and i fill that the car is vibrating like hell after the conversion. Any sifu's out there know the reason for this?? I have even tried to change the engine mounting but it's still the same......any ideas???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience