4g13 piston.... maximum oversize

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
You shave too much off the head, cam timing will change unless you have adjustable cam to counter back....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Before i skim my 4G13 head, i saw below the side got marking i think is the skim limit that your can go. That marking is about 1 mm, and i just skim is flat. Up until now my car does not face any overheat issues, even i rev to 6000 rpm and drive up to 180 km speed. Refer attach picture.

Mine was skimmed to the marking max also :biggrin:

waltertan

Mar 2, 2011
Selangor
You shave too much off the head, cam timing will change unless you have adjustable cam to counter back....
You can still adjust with your timing belt tensioner.

---------- Post added at 07:40 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:38 AM ----------

Mine was skimmed to the marking max also :biggrin:
In that case, i leave my spar head original for my future turbo setup. As you have skim to max like my already overheat and warped the head.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Here is my 4G12 low compression ratio piston install my my 4G13 photo for sharing.
looks like low comp turbo piston design...easy to BOT later :driver:

waltertan

Mar 2, 2011
Selangor
Well I still feel not difference before and after skim.

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

As for the extra head still have not decide to keep it for turbo setup or not

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys...just wana clarify somethg here...if we r involved in an accident...not our fault but the other party doesnt want to pay for the damages and dare us to make a report...minor collision ... can fix with few hundred bucks...so we went to make a report lor BUT tat asshole didnt report...is it true that we cant claim their insurance? heard this from the callman....well if this is the case...then fcuking unfair la to the innocent party ? pdrm can only issue a summon to them or blacklist...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience