Accident

Giggs83

Mar 14, 2006
KL
hi guys...just wana clarify somethg here...if we r involved in an accident...not our fault but the other party doesnt want to pay for the damages and dare us to make a report...minor collision ... can fix with few hundred bucks...so we went to make a report lor BUT tat asshole didnt report...is it true that we cant claim their insurance? heard this from the callman....well if this is the case...then fcuking unfair la to the innocent party ? pdrm can only issue a summon to them or blacklist them if its a serious case...is this true? :thefinger::mad::mad:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
u have to make a police report after an accident, by right both parties must. but if the other party does not make the report, PDRM will investigate the case & most likely the other party will be summoned.

but since its a couple of hundred bucks, no need to claim insurance, if not u will loose your NCD.

Giggs83

Mar 14, 2006
KL
hey thks for the quick reply danz...im not claiming my insurance cos its just a minor repair..but i was thinking of claiming tat fella insurance once the IO decides its tat fella's fault...i can do tat rite? but now kenot ma cos tat fcuker din report...most prob tat fella just kena saman....well if every case like this...hit n run...whr is the justice? unfair to the innocent party rite? i heard last time can claim if the other party doesnt report but now kenot d it seems...new rules...damn la~~~

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
why not give your insurance company a call. They would be the one with the most up to date on insurance policy.

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
Facing this situation before..

If its clear that it isnt our fault (but the other party)...just make report..
After 24hour, you can request police to issue letter to the other party to make a late report...
If still no report from the other party (normally a week), police will issue compound and summon to the other party..

You can use this letter to claim insurance...and your insurance will fight with the other party insurance...
Normally u need to pay first..and need to write a letter due to late claim..might even didnt get the daily claim on the hassle..

Then you will get the claim back and wouldnt lost your NCD..

Spare the hassle, just report and ask the insurance to settle everything..same route, but u need to trust them...new rules?didnt heard of it...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I think if we report him as hit and run easier? :biggrin: Since the other party dont bother to report and not paying.
Consider hit and run :biggrin:

ignn_tion

Known Member
Jun 25, 2006
Just do your part, report the accident and let the police issue him a summon if the other party doesn't report.

If I'm not wrong, you won't be able to claim the other party's inssurance if its just a minor accident. As least, report it and let him be fined for his stupidity.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Just do your part, report the accident and let the police issue him a summon if the other party doesn't report.

If I'm not wrong, you won't be able to claim the other party's inssurance if its just a minor accident. As least, report it and let him be fined for his stupidity.
Agree, at least make him pay for his ego, since he don't want to settle, then let him pay for the Summon which could be more than the cost of the damage on your car. Make him pay.

Giggs83

Mar 14, 2006
KL
hi guys ... many thanks for the replies....
i just checked last week n tat bitxh reported...
IO not ard so cant get the keputusan kes...
another officer chk my report n told me it shld be her fault...
need to go bk to get the report copy n keputusan...
well im just wondering ...whats the procedure now to claim tat bitxh insurance ?
i need to get a copy of the report n the keputusan n then go to my insurance panel workshop to proceed claim ? or i need to contact my insurance co first ? its been more than a month d actually...will thr be any prob ??
mine is mcis zurich,
any bros can advise? thanks

john_unai

Known Member
Aug 9, 2011
mtkb
my exp before, after being sent to panel workshop need to wait for d insurance to evaluate d cost than only can repair. but d insurance claim really take me a very long time. :mad:
not sure bout yours, need more expert advice kot. or mybe you can give them a call and ask on d process

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If minor damage and do not cost much for repair, not worth the time and trouble to make the claim. Insurance take long time and especially if want to claim the other party will be even longer....:mad:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Sorry for bumping this old thread.
Recently got into an accident as well. I banged 'him' so by common sense sounds like I'm wrong.
But I don't think I am so I reported it on the night itself.
The Bangla that is driving the car(with Bangladesh License) doesn't want to report until now. After a month.
Sarjan isn't helpful as well being on holiday MOST of the time(WTF). Sigh. Once I waited for him at the station there from 2pm to 4.30pm.
Reason was he went to Rawang to makan lunch with the other Sarjans. I wonder how the F can they be promoted to be Sarjan.
Workshop boss is my friend also can't do anything since the Bangla doesn't want to report and Sarjan is taking his own sweet time.

*Isn't it weird we are afraid of the police instead of feeling protected?*

bLACKjAC

Known Member
Aug 11, 2007
ask your insurance agent to check whether the car has valid insurance and road tax. If yes, ask those workshop runner to deal with the Sarjan (you know I know). After that, keputusan will be issued. I did it before

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Sorry for bumping this old thread.
Recently got into an accident as well. I banged 'him' so by common sense sounds like I'm wrong.
But I don't think I am so I reported it on the night itself.
The Bangla that is driving the car(with Bangladesh License) doesn't want to report until now. After a month.
Sarjan isn't helpful as well being on holiday MOST of the time(WTF). Sigh. Once I waited for him at the station there from 2pm to 4.30pm.
Reason was he went to Rawang to makan lunch with the other Sarjans. I wonder how the F can they be promoted to be Sarjan.
Workshop boss is my friend also can't do anything since the Bangla doesn't want to report and Sarjan is taking his own sweet time.

*Isn't it weird we are afraid of the police instead of feeling protected?*

PDRM taking things easy and slow. Usual lor.
Insurance oso takes ages to process. Usual lor.
Nothing new in Maluysia.

If damage can be repaired by own.....then just swallow the repair bill and count it as badluck.

The bangla probably got no licence or the car wasnt even his or legal......thus didnt report police.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I dunno if this better suits this section or engine management... wahtever it is, dear mods, please move this thread if this section is inappropriate.

I've done searches on google and forum database, and still cant find anything on it.
We've heard of launch control systems being beneficial to turbo cars during launching...
So.. can anyone here please tell me the actual and exact function of launch controller and also how it does its duty.
I've getting confused of its function...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience