4G13 Sputtering problem ...

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Got a cheap Iswara with 4G13 carby for daily beater & fun , from the day I got it , it has this sputtering problem appears around 4.5K rpms ...

Been replaced the distributor/coil unit & high performance spark plug cable with New ngk spark plug ...

At 1st the problem goes away immediately , the whole performance of the car transform , willingly to rev to 8K rpm at 1st & 2nd gear ...

But after I've driven it hard , when stopped the water temp gauge raise to one bar below red zone & it quickly falls back to normal when I'm on the move again ...

Now the sputtering problem comes back exactly the same point at 4.5K rpm if I floor the pedal , if I kept around half to 80% it will revs smoothly even over 6 grand rpm but if I suddenly floor it , the sputtering cames back ...

It just like a rev limiter , the rev just stays at thr & won't raise ...

What should I need to check ?

Any advice will be really appreciated

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello guys,

Recently there was this blue iswara in the CTA track event, my friend told me the guy was running on stock carb 4g13 engine. I was totally shock when he said that he was fast on the track. I read a blog Getting It Bigger: A Ride With Johor Race Spec Saga , it was really stock and according the blogger they follow johor regulation where 13" tyres are used with stock brake systems and carb. I...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience